Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mayo Banditos / Friday Weigh In !!!!

Still at 195. The holiday weekend took me up to 198 but I managed to get it back down to status quo (where I was before the holiday). So hopefully I'll have a couple good weeks where I go down more and then I can do the same thing I did at Thanksgiving for Christmas (indulge a little, go up a little, come right back down...)

Wow, you all have done wonderful! I lost 4 lbs. myself this week, which really surprised me, considering I had to get a slight unfill on Monday. I've reached 90 lbs. lost and am so excited! I need to go buy new jeans, too -- hopefully size 12! :w00t:

Hi everyone - You're all doing so great, even with a holiday thrown in.........

I've been down and out sine last Saturday.....CAUGHT THE FLU.....Doc thought H1N1 but it was too late to medicate so he didn't test. All I know is that I never, ever felt this bad with a flu...Lost 7 lbs in 5 days.....fever hit the high of 104.3. All I could do was drink Water and apple juice. Felt very, very tight as well. Called my LB Doc as well and was explained that the stomach can get irritated which will tighten the band.

WELL - The worst is over. I will try and see the Doc tomorrow for an unfill so I can gain back some of the 7 lbs. ( Never thought I'd say - I need to try and gain weight). I'm able to eat but enough to hold the weight not able to push and gain some back.

Went Monday to my Doc's office and .8cc was removed so I can eat a little more. Put back one lb this week. Weighed in this am @ 217 lbs.

Edited by John337

Glad you're doing better John!

Last week- 203.8

This week- 201.2

I can taste Onederland. It's so close and I'm so excited to be on the verge. Next Friday is also the day I'm done with classes for the semester, so let's make it an especially amazing day by meeting my first goal!

Good to hear you are doing better John.

Down one lb this week. Slow but sure.

Hopefully after my next fill this will move along faster.

Good luck to everyone next week.

Happy Holidays

Wow, John, you sure had a harrowing ordeal! I'm glad your on the mend now. :w00t:

Everyone is doing so well! I'm so happy for all of you! :rolleyes2:

I put on 2.5 pounds this week (eeek!) thanks to my monthly visitors, "Aunt Flo" and "Uncle TOM." lol. Seems like lately this monthly visit is really setting me back. I get a lot of PMS munchies for salty foods. :frown: But, I got into a size 12 this week, so I'm not sweating it! :smile: Now I have something in common with Marilyn Monroe -- did you know that she was a size 12 for most of her life? Yep, it's true! When she sang Happy Birthday to President Kennedy, her dress was a size 12, and she looked damned good, IMHO. :w00t:

Start: 259.4

Current: 255.6

Been really working the low carb though the last few days haven't seen much movement. Going to stick with it!!

Only down .7lbs this week. But a loss is a loss. I need a fill i find my self picking at things. Not back to the dr untill Jan 6. Why does everyone have to make christmas Cookies

well I have been struggling a little since thanksgiving. I have needed a fill because I have no restriction and my doctor has been out of town for a month. He returns on the 16th. I know most of you would say go to someone else but I have a tilted port and he works well with me (for now but may have to have it stiched back down). So I have been waiting for him to get back and in the mean time hungry all the time. Also holidays and lots of house guests don't help the situation! I do work out A LOT. I run a couple times a week and I hike intense mountains 1 to 2 times a week. I have not lost weight but I have gone down another pants size I fit a 12 now!!! I have also gained a lot of muscle in my legs. And on top of all that I am training because january 17th Im running a 1/2 marathon (thats 13.1 miles) Im just hoping for a fill so I can lose more and get to goal. But I do have to say I am very happy and I have a whole new lease on life!!!!

Kepp up the good work banditios!!!

My last fill took me to 3.2 cc's and boy can I feel the restriction now. It might even be a wee bit TOO much. I mean, I'm going to let it ride, it's helping for sure. But I don't think I'd want to have things be this hard in "maintenance" mode. I have to eat REALLY slow and even though I haven't had any bad "stuck" episodes, I'm dealing with lots of small ones, you know - where you just have to wait for a bit before your next bite.

Anyway, I'm at 193.8 as of this morning. I lost weight over the holidays, over my last trip out of town, even with my daughter's graduation party last night. So that's amazing.

A few more pounds and I will move out of the 'obese' category.

Wow, you are all doing sooo awesome. That is great -- keep up the good work! :thumbup::w00t:

LOM, welcome to size 12. I just got there this week. Now you and I both have something in common with Marilyn Monroe. :mad2: I don't blame you a bit for waiting for your regular doc to come back for your next fill!

Linda, good job on the loss! I totally understand about wondering if you're just a little too filled. That was me last time. It is so tricky. You do wonder if it's going to be this hard when it comes to maintenance. ugh. It's frustrating. But, don't hesitate to call your doc if you start feeling like it's just not right -- or if you get acid reflux. I've had to have two unfills now, and that was my big red flag. Hang in there. You are doing great! :smile:

Well, I am up 2 lbs. this week. I have been hitting the Sees candy--my favorite. Ann--congradulations on the size 12. The difference between a 14 and 12 is alot visually, I think.

Hang in there, everyone--we will make it through the holidays!! :willy_nilly:

I'm at 233 today. The last time I checked in (about a month ago) I think I was at 241. So eight pounds in about a month is about right. I've been trying to hit the gym with more regularity, but I'm finding the holidays and other time eaters are keeping me from it. At this point, I feel like if I can make it through December without gaining, and hopefully still losing a few, I'll be ok.

David

My last fill took me to 3.2 cc's and boy can I feel the restriction now. It might even be a wee bit TOO much. I mean, I'm going to let it ride, it's helping for sure. But I don't think I'd want to have things be this hard in "maintenance" mode. I have to eat REALLY slow and even though I haven't had any bad "stuck" episodes, I'm dealing with lots of small ones, you know - where you just have to wait for a bit before your next bite.

Anyway, I'm at 193.8 as of this morning. I lost weight over the holidays, over my last trip out of town, even with my daughter's graduation party last night. So that's amazing.

A few more pounds and I will move out of the 'obese' category.

Linda - You are doing great....Keep up the good work. Once you hit your goal, I would think your Doc ( as did mine) will pull out .5 to 1 cc of Fluid. Now I can eat more and not feel a strong sense of restriction. However, it will be a balancing act in order not to gain weight either. What seems to make it easier is the fact that we are retraining ourselves on how to eat and how much to eat.

I guess it's a nice problem to have...lol..lol...

Edited by John337