Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

To fill or not to fill!!

Hello everyone! I am going in tomorrow to see about getting my 2nd fill next week. Kinda nervous, Not sure if I should really get the fill or not. But I will see the Dr. tomorrow and find out what he thinks:-)))

Went to the Dr and he filled me in his office:-) I was supposed to have 1.5cc but I only had 1cc in there so he put in another. So now I am at 2cc. Hope I really start losing weight....

Hi Kelly,

Do you feel tight now?

I don't go in for my fill until the middle of Nov. I'm a little nervous after reading on here about how tight the fills feel.

Christina

I went to IHOP and ordered 2 scrambled eggs and only ate a little less than 12 of it. When I drink I can feel the liquid hit the band and go slooowly down. I feel tighter I guess. Sometimes I get soo discouarged about loosing so slowly; but other times I am OK; I am just ready to lose alot. After my first fill I only lost 3 lbs. I am really hoping for a bigger loss this time. He told me to call or go back in 2 months; but in about 5-6 weeks if I am not feeling as restricted I am surely gonna call him. Wish me luck:-)

Hey Bandsister! You are so lucky that you can get an adjustment right there in the doctor's office. I've lost track--when was your last fill? Did you feel restriction the first time and how long did it last?

Please go carefully with your new level of restriction. We don't want to hear any stories of nasty PBs!!

Good luck with it!! :D

HEY Alexandra! My first fill was 10-6 and I couldn't really feel any restriction. I can feel some now. My food seems to get stuck more so I am doing the really small bites. Take care and Good Luck to everyone on the weight loss...

Well Hello Again! As each day goes by I am getting more and more restriced. I have only been eating salads since that is really the only thing that goes down without getting stuck. I go the Wendy's and get the side salad and can't eat the whole thing. How is everyone else doing? Fine I hope! Take care and keep posting.

Hey Kelly,

I know what you mean about getting more restricted over time. The last few days I've started to feel restriction again, just when I was starting to worry that my fill was for nothing.

Are you also eating some Protein along with your salads? I know it's easier to eat things that don't get stuck, but sometimes that means not eating the things that we need. When I'm tired of nibbling at chicken I'll have some Beans for the Protein.

We're coming up on three months, bandster-sister! Can you believe it?!?

That's so weird that that you are eating salads mostly and that's about the one food I am afraid to try. I was told that if you don't chew it up good, that a piece can lay across the stoma and block you. I have not PBed yet since my surgery on Sept. 2nd and I am very much afraid to take the chance with a food I am afraid of. How funny is that! I'm afraid of food. LOL

I also feel that if I can only eat a small amount of food, why would I want to fill myself up with salad since there is basically no nutritional value. Don't forget, you really have to eat food to loose. It gets your metabolism going. I find that on the days that I eat more than I think I should, the next day I lose weight. I always try to go for the Protein first, veggies and then the carb.

BTW, how much do all of you chew your food? I'm chewing it until it is mush. Do most of you do the same or am I overdoing it? Thanks.

Chew 20 times then wait 20 secnds and take another bite. I have tried meat and can't do it. It gets stuck everytime no matter how much i chew. I don't care much for Beans and don't like yogurt. Any other suggestions on Protein? Even when I drink milk I can feel it hit the band and then slowly go down. bread is a major NO NO! Kind of gets aggravating, but what is the band for? If I eat meat it is guaranteed that I will PB! Guess as long as I can get fluids in I will be fine. Talk to you later!

By the way I did take a few bites of a baked potato with chopped beef and lots of butter and sour cream last night and it went down OK.

Hey, Kelly, I just got my second fill. My suggestion on eating meat is this: eat a tiny bite, chew until it's mush, swallow half of the volume and keep the other half in your mouth for about 10 seconds and then swallow it. I couldn't eat chicken until I did this. (The beef went down without any problems.) I am having to do this with bread if I don't want it to get stuck.

Oh, and I found this out the hard way.... the Tylenol pills that are round did not want to go through my stoma. I could have sworn my doctor said this would be small enough, well, it wasn't!! I never PB'd it but for an hour it churned in my stomach until i guess it dissolved and went on through.... But now I know what you guys are talking about with all of the saliva!! How weird that the body can produce that much!