Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have a flippin date ! ! !

Oh for the love of everything holy, I got a date! ! !

June 3rd:thumbup:

I have my psych consult on Wednesday (I have to have another done because I've changed surgeons for the revision, plus the husband is deployed), and the visit to the hematologist is on Friday.

I got the call this afternoon at my office, and almost fell out of my chair. I am so elated, and almost cried when the surgeon personally called me today to tell me the good news.

Thank you to all of you for your support. I'm on my way in just a couple of weeks. Out with the horrid band ! ! !

I am sooooooooooo happy for you! The time will be here before you know it.

yay! Our little sleeve neighborhood here at LBT is growing by leaps and bounds.

I am happy for you. congratulations!

Thank ya'll so much. . .

I found out that my husband called his mom for Mother's day, and admitted that is extremely worried about me. He can't come home mid-tour for the surgery, plus, I think it would be too hard for me to say 'bye' again.

Any ideas on how I can reassure him that I am going to be fine. His mom is coming down to stay with me for 2 weeks during the recovery time. . .

If he could be home, he would be. Unfortunately, it just isn't an option for him.

Oh for the love of everything holy, I got a date! ! ! I got the call this afternoon at my office, and almost fell out of my chair. I am so elated, and almost cried when the surgeon personally called me today to tell me the good news.

CONGRATULATIONS TIFF -- AFTER ALL YOU'VE BEEN THROUGH YOU DEFINITELY DESERVE SOME GOOD NEWS!! KEEP IN TOUCH and KEEP US UP TO DATE ...

You could always make a video to send to your hubby and then he can see for himself that you're doing great!!!

CONGRATULATIONS TIFF -- AFTER ALL YOU'VE BEEN THROUGH YOU DEFINITELY DESERVE SOME GOOD NEWS!! KEEP IN TOUCH and KEEP US UP TO DATE ...

You could always make a video to send to your hubby and then he can see for himself that you're doing great!!!

Luckily, I'll be able to email him from my phone in the hospital. It's the time difference that will be difficult. I didn't take videos or photos pre-op before the band, so I'm going to take them this time.

I have debated on sending him progress or pics, or just show up at the airport for his homecoming holding this:

WelcomeHomeBanner.jpg

And then dropping it to reveal the progress to him. I have a chubby face, so he'll see that difference. . . Ignore toesies and the pup, he was exhausted.

The kiddo has this one to hold up for the homecoming: It's only 18"x24" so it isn't as big as the banner.

Caysenjumbocard.jpg

I would send progress pix. Otherwise, it might be too overwhelming for him.

Oh for the love of everything holy, I got a date! ! !

June 3rd:thumbup:

I have my psych consult on Wednesday (I have to have another done because I've changed surgeons for the revision, plus the husband is deployed), and the visit to the hematologist is on Friday.

I got the call this afternoon at my office, and almost fell out of my chair. I am so elated, and almost cried when the surgeon personally called me today to tell me the good news.

Thank you to all of you for your support. I'm on my way in just a couple of weeks. Out with the horrid band ! ! !

That's fantastic! Congrats... you get your life back!

Tiff -

When is he due home? If it's going to be quite some time, then I'd say send him progress pics so he knows you are okay ... otherwise, I'd wait and surprise him ... you know him better than us, what would he prefer? Would it be too much of a shock if you waited until he got home?

Thank ya'll so much. . .

I found out that my husband called his mom for Mother's day, and admitted that is extremely worried about me. He can't come home mid-tour for the surgery, plus, I think it would be too hard for me to say 'bye' again.

Any ideas on how I can reassure him that I am going to be fine. His mom is coming down to stay with me for 2 weeks during the recovery time. . .

If he could be home, he would be. Unfortunately, it just isn't an option for him.

I'm almost 6 weeks post-op. If he'd like to email or talk to any of us who have been through it, I'd be happy to answer any questions. Tell him this surgery is much easier than the banding and unlike banding, THIS surgery you have and then you're done. With the band, you're condemned to fills, unfills, and complications.

Tiff -

When is he due home? If it's going to be quite some time, then I'd say send him progress pics so he knows you are okay ... otherwise, I'd wait and surprise him ... you know him better than us, what would he prefer? Would it be too much of a shock if you waited until he got home?

He'll be home late September - early October as long as he doesn't get extended. He can't be gone past the end of October, so at the most 4 -4.5 months from the time I have surgery until the time he comes home.

I am not sure what to expect to lose in those months. Since I've gained back half of my initial loss since January, I am not sure how fast/slow I'll lose. I don't think 40lbs is unreasonable with my current weight being 257.

I want the "Wow" factor after he comes home. I want him to see that I can do this even without here to physically support me. It's going to be a great bonding time for us because we'll have to go back to supporting each other strictly through emails and brief phone calls. It will be hard for to not send pictures, I suck at keeping surprises.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. I am going to keep a journal/blog somewhere of my progress. I am probably going to investigate some of the blog venues and see which ones best suit my needs.

Thanks for all the input. I may very well have him contact you, Elisabeth. . . I think hearing it from someone who has been there and done that will help. He talked to my mom pretty extensively before my band surgery because she was banded in '07.

I'm willing to answer any of his questions. I'm a critical care RN (for too many years - lol) so I'm used to questions.

As for your progress, why not do monthly anniversary pictures. It gives him something to look forward to and you something to share.

That is wonderful news, congratulations.

I loved seeing the pictures. My stepson just finished his 13 month tour in Iraq yesterday. My daughter-in-law sent us wonderful pictures of him arriving back at the base in Germany and reuniting with them and their two year old son.

Tiffykins,

My son in law is in Afganistan, He is due home in 2 month, my daughter is on pins and needles until July. He was able to come home for a mid tour leave but ended up coming to see me in the hospital in California when I had my emergency surgery. They are stationed in Illinois. I will keep him in my prayers.. Good luck future sleeve sister

Ruthi ( a fellow vietnam veteran )