Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Been banded about 1.5yr. Having pain trying to come out my belly button. Can't see doc, was let go from job, no insurance. I'm VERY careful about what I put in. Haven't had a fill in over a year. 3.75cc already in. Need suggestions from anyone. It's almost like gas pains, but it won't go away, I can't burp or fart.:glare:

Wow, so sorry you are suffering! How long has this been going on? I know it is hard but if you are really suffering, you do need to be seen. Drs sometimes will have compassion in a hardship situation. I know my band Dr and my GP would. So try to talk to your Dr and please be seen if you are that worried. You could have something serious going on! There are many organs in and around your stomach that could be causing this pain. Don't take a chance that something could happen. How are you so positive that it is not gas? I get pains sometimes in the front part of my stomach near my belly button and gas-x and stretching help. I don't pass or relieve the gas,the pain just goes away. This happens to me sometimes when I have a cheese protein-cottage and always ricotta. What are you eating? Do you think you have good level of saline in your band? Do you have a 4cc band since you said you already have 3.75 in which is not too much in a 10cc. It really does not matter what matters is that you come to find the root of the pain and you are OK. Please see the Dr if you need to and let me know what happens. I know how painful it can be. Good Luck!

It could be early appendicitis symptoms which many times starts in the umbilical area...dont' wait around...go to an ER, they have to see you. If you wait around and it ruptures your hospital stay could go from 1 day with just an appendectomy to 1-2 weeks if it ruptures. I am an RN and I work in OR recovery and see this all the time...same complaints start in the belly button and then eventually move to right lower abdomen. GOOD Luck to you! Go To ER!

go to the doctors......if you just lost you job and no insurance, some place have medical charity, look into that.

at least you will have you mind put to rest.

alot of pain is not normal especially for more than a day or two.

good luck.

Yep...go to the doc. Make payments, negotiate, whatever, but go to the doc. If you're indigent you may qualify for medicaid. But go. If it hurts all the time and you can't burp you may have some issues in there that need immediate attention.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches