Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Exercise Challenge

Let's keep 'er rolling along. Same rules as always: none. All you have to do is list your exercises you are doing. Just a way of keeping us accountable to each other.

As for me today, nada. Slept in after two nights of softball and a fill yesterday. Just didn't feel like my innards could take the jostling of running on the treadmill after the fill. I can still feel the swelling a bit.:thumbup:

I'll get back to it tomorrow. If nothing else, I'll hit the elliptical.

I am challenging myself this month....I am going to be doing 2 hours of cardio everyday Mon-Friday and it started today! I was on the treadmill for an hour and the eliptical for an hour.

Esophagus (sp?) still a little too sore and swollen to want to try (plus a little lazy:redface:) some cardio this morning.

Looks like I may have to be in as early as 2300 tonight to fill in, so tomorrow looks like a lost cause as well.:thumbdown:

Oh well, I will get back at it on Monday at the latest.

My goal will be to walk 10,000 steps for 5 days per week. I purchased a good pedometer for a challenge at work. I am really excited about this challenge because the more we move the healthier we will be and weight loss will follow.

Keep up the good work everyone because we are so...worth it!

My challenge is to workout every day. I will start it today.

I finally kicked my butt and kicked it good and started working out. I had surgery Dec. 31, 09. I have lost apr. 25# I joined a gym that is just like curves w/ lots of x-tras love it! Only thing is it is in an old mortuary and I am such a 47yr. old chicken. I guess I better get over it. I would love to have a ticker tape but have given up on that. My goal to start is atleast 3 times a week at gym and some x-tra out door walks. Have a great week.

(plus a little lazy:redface:).

you said it...:biggrin: :smile:

glad to see new faces!!!

back in gym today w/cast on ankle - love DH get's to piggy back me around....

ab / back / shoulder workout.....baby steps

a beautiful day today so i walked outside for 45 mins

I walked/jogged on the treadmill today.

Lisa

I havent dont anything for the past few days as I've had some sort of fluey virus chewing on me. Havent been really sick but just kind of wiped out and headachey.

I finished my health unit at uni last week and started phys ed today (am doing a teaching degree) and we had a 2 hour prac and BOY did we do some running. It was another of those moments when I felt so so thankful for being lucky enough to have had this journey and lost weight. We had to be the kids, so we played games like doing suicides and relay races and etc. As easily the oldest student there today at 41, I was really proud to not only be able to keep up but actually be one of the fastest and to not let my team down!

Nonetheless I will drag myself out for an easy run in an hour or so, I just popped a couple of panadol to dampen the headache. An easy run wont hurt.

I finished my health unit at uni last week and started phys ed today (am doing a teaching degree) and we had a 2 hour prac and BOY did we do some running. .

what kind of teacher jachut?

can see you doing biology/phys ed myself!

today -

special boot on cast i did 5.2miles on the bike - VERY slow but moving.

ab / bicep / tricep / shoulder routine

Sat. I ran for 45 min and then walked the rest of the way. It was just a little tune-up for my triathlon.

Sunday I swam 1.5k, biked 40k and ran 10k. I have never run that much before all at one time so I am quite proud of myself.

My bike was a lot slower than I had anticipated though. I had to walk up one hill and found it was almost as much work as just riding up. So that's a lesson learned. I only got off because I was afraid I'd go too slow and fall over. :unsure: For the next two hills, I just kept pedaling and I didn't all over so it was all good.

Sunday-started training with DD for a fun run 1 miler after the 5k I'm doing next month. Made it perhaps a total of 1/2 mile out of 1 mile running.

Monday-Upper body circuit training. Followed that with 35 minutes on elliptical/1 mile run on treadmill/20 min. on ellpitcal.

This morning-3.1 mile run on treadmill on hill setting/level 3. Hope to get in this afternoon for legs.

2nd 5k of the year this coming Saturday. Going to be scaling back the running 1/2 mile each day this week to ensure fresh legs on Saturday.

Sounds good everyone. I am going to challenge myself and walk 3 times a week for a full 30 min.

No exercise today, but I will be doing light weights tomorrow!