Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Exercise Challenge

Thanks! And I didnt make it the full 10,000, but I did make it further than any other day, so i'm happy.

And it sounds like maybe you may be the one pushing him to his limits on Thursday! I'm really impressed by what you've accomplished, and i'm hoping to be able to do well, too!

Thank you for the support!

Great job on making your goal!:tt2: Now, try to push a little more.

And trust me, he will push me as hard as he can. He may be 13 yrs older, but has run marathons before. I'll be sucking wind, but won't quit unless I drop:cursing:

ceradad is the resident bull dog in pushing us all!!!!

you'll be amazed TKM how a little bit more each day will progress you!.

SO - cast off ankle yesterday, spin class today w/hubby and i kicked his ass. he swore he was having a heart attack by the end of it and i just had to smile that even w/an injury i was able to still keep in shape - well somewhat.

Good job lulu! Keep kicking his butt. It's tough to maintain any sort of cardio fitness with a wheel busted.

Of course, now when I come down in Oct. you won't have any excuse for not kicking my butt in a run before we go for margaritas.:smile2::wub:

just getting started but I am trying...

I was able to do a little more than a mile this past Sunday but have been able to do half a mile and that is getting easier. I have to push myself to go for that other half mile and I am hoping to eventually get to where the rest of you guys are =)

That is the 2nd step, pushing/convincing yourself to go just a little further. First step is getting started. You keep pushing yourself and you'll find it starts to get easier and easier to not only get out there, but to go a little further. Keep up the good work.:eek:

I had a bad day yesterday so I did nothing, but I think I'll do Zumba before I go to bed tonight!

Nothing wrong with a bad day. We've all had them. Don't know how many times I've gone into the gym to lift and immediately found I just could not do it. I had to learn that it's ok to just get up and walk away. Gotta give the body a rest once in awhile. It's ok to push it harder, but you also have to give it time to rest as well.

As for me, my carpoolmate said he was not going to run outside if it was raining today. Little bastard lied to me. So, of course, I could not be shown up by him. If he was going to run in the mist/rain, I was going to. Instead of a light 1-1.5 mile run on the treadmill, we did 2.25 outside. At the end, I pushed him to go the extra .25 mile just to get one up on him.:ohmy:

Im very active. I have a 2.5 year old son and a great dane puppy. so i get my workout daily.

But i walk on the treadmile for 45 min. on level 6 at the highest incline it will go. Then since i had a c-section my muscle in my abs were cut i can do 200 crunches and feel nothing untill the next day. So i do that daily. I also have a bootcamp abs video i do everynight!

I also play softball on Mondays & Tuesdays and go horse back riding on Saturdays.

Im very active. I have a 2.5 year old son and a great dane puppy. so i get my workout daily.

But i walk on the treadmile for 45 min. on level 6 at the highest incline it will go. Then since i had a c-section my muscle in my abs were cut i can do 200 crunches and feel nothing untill the next day. So i do that daily. I also have a bootcamp abs video i do everynight!

I also play softball on Mondays & Tuesdays and go horse back riding on Saturdays.

Holy Crap!:ohmy: We have a new leader.:smile2:

Congrats on the job your doing. By way, I thought great dane young were supposed to be called "colt".:tt2:

I swam tonight. Not sure of the yardage yet. (I'm waiting for the email with the workout list to come out.) We did a lot of stuff with kicking so yardage won't be as high as some weeks though.

And I got out of the pool from the sides on the first try!

I'm going to walk at lunchtime!

Great job on making your goal!:) Now, try to push a little more.

And trust me, he will push me as hard as he can. He may be 13 yrs older, but has run marathons before. I'll be sucking wind, but won't quit unless I drop:cursing:

At the end, I pushed him to go the extra .25 mile just to get one up on him.:lol:

WOO HOO! I DID IT! I made 10,000 steps yesterday!!!!!! And i'm going to do the same today!!!!! :):lol::) :thumbup:

I wanna be like you when i grow up in my 'exercise life'!!!!! Way to Go!!!! :thumbup:

Holy Crap!:eek: We have a new leader.:thumbup:

Congrats on the job your doing. By way, I thought great dane young were supposed to be called "colt".:lol:

Hail to the Chief and Chief-ette!!!!!

Hugs to all! I leave on a 2 week vacation to Italy next week and know i'll be walking my butt off, so i'm just saying here that until June 2nd, my plan is to 'walk walk walk walk walk', and then, when i get to the hotel, walk some more!!!!! :thumbup:

Ok, to update from my run with the boss man yesterday, he did exactly what I thought he would do: KICK MY ARSE!

We did at least 3 miles. I do 5k's, so this should not have been a problem. However, I don't know if it was the softball the night before (very few beverages), or the pace, or the time of day, or the fact that he kept asking questions and making me talk, but I wanted to stop after only 1.25 miles. He kept me moving. Would allow me to slow the tempo down and then gradually ramp it up again.:) When we finished the run, we went up to the fitness ctr and proceeded to do sit ups (w/o anyone holding feet down), pushups, crunches, bicycle kicks, another ab exercise I don't know the name of, and then more pushups. He just racked them all out like it was nothing. I was able to do a little over 60% of what he was doing as far as reps.

Joke is on him though. Got done with it and I immediately asked to do this routine once a week.:tt1: Just, not on the day after softball.

After stretching out whatever soreness I had this morning, I ran 2.25 miles outside again. So, while it hurt yesterday, I was able to recover quickly.

Thanks everyone for the good jobs! make me SMILE...

i started swimming laps on the nights i don't have my son which is Monday (after ball), Thursdays and Saturdays.

Im getting there!

Thurs. was Bike to Work Day. So I did. Then I biked home. It's not a practical ride for every day but once a year is fine. :grouphug: 18 miles to work, 21 on the way home (I got lost).

You all are incredible. I definately gained some inspiration reading this tonight! I'll give a try to posting my daily exercise. Seems like you all are a great support to each other!

Today I joined a gym after not having a membership for about 8 months or so. My eyes were wide in this place cause it is about 10 times the size of the YMCA I was going to before. I'm pretty excited. Trying to find that motivation I used to have. So, today I only had time to hop on the treadmill for 30 minutes. I mostly walked but threw in some 1 minute runs. Tomorrow I signed up for an intro to spin class. I've never done it before. I imagine tomorrow night I'll feel like crap!

I am new to this section of the forum, and am really glad I found my way over. I have been banded for 5 months now and just joined the YMCA a month ago. I knew that I needed to get moving. I started walking on the treadmill 3 times a week for 30 minutes. I am now committing myself to go the Y 5 days a week and walk at least 45 minutes each visit.

Today I walked for one hour, most of the time at 3.5. I went to 4.0 for 10 minutes but then slowed it down a bit. I read while I walk and I have a hard time walking at a 4.0 and reading. I need to get some audio books on my iPhone :scared2:! That should solve that problem!!!

Happy exercising all :lol:!

Today my tri club's workout was in my town. So I rode my bike to it. :rolleyes2: It was only 4 miles each way. But then I swam about 2200 yards (doing a "Cross-Fit swim workout with laps and push-ups interspersed) and ran for 20 min.

I don't usually swim that much but it wasn't that hard. I think I need to come to do more laps when I do my swim workouts.

So today I took my first ever cycle class. HOLY HECK! :laugh: First I did intro to cycle for 30 minutes then took the 45 minute class right after. It was so incredibly hard for me.... had no idea what I was getting myself into. I felt like an idiot! Especially during the parts were she told us to stand up. I had NO idea how hard that would be. I don't really ever want to do that again, but I will. I'll make myself go again if it kills me!

I'm going to walk at lunchtime and I'm going to Aqua step in the evening.

Yesterday I skipped the gym, but worked very hard. Raked the back yard and did some gardening. Both activities had me breaking a major sweat :laugh:!!

So today I took my first ever cycle class. HOLY HECK! :smile: First I did intro to cycle for 30 minutes then took the 45 minute class right after. It was so incredibly hard for me.... had no idea what I was getting myself into. I felt like an idiot! Especially during the parts were she told us to stand up. I had NO idea how hard that would be. I don't really ever want to do that again, but I will. I'll make myself go again if it kills me!

YOU GO GIRL!!! I did a spin class ONCE!! I swore I would never do it again!! It just was not for me! I think I bruised my tailbone.... my rear was sore for almost two weeks because of being on that seat for over an hour! I was just NOT ready for such a class! I think too much weight on a tiny little seat did me in!!