Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So... got some work to do.

Don't worry about the gain! It's very possible that it's just a funky body thing. When I was on my liquid diet I lost about ten pounds but then gained a few back towards the last few days for some inexplicable reason!? Maybe your body went into starvation mode and decided it was going to conserve energy? Anyway, keep up the good work Jason! I'm rootin' for you.

I am so happy that you are moving forward with such vigor. You have a great attitude and that will definitely make your journey successful. All the best!

you better keep us updated with your progress even without the lapband. what did dr. fox say?

Hey all. Sarah, I have not actually spoken with Dr. Fox about my decision. I asked if he had time and he did not the day I was there. I did talk with his son (fitness expert) and he encouraged me to go ahead and get the surgery, but my mind is set right now not to go through with it. I will keep it as an option should it become necessary.

This weeks weigh-in was Awesome!!! I lost 10lbs AND went below 400 finally. I am now 396 and feeling great!!!

Jason

Wow Jason, you have lost almost 100 pounds all on your own. Congratulations! I bet it's starting to look easier every day. Think about it, at the beginning of your journey you probably thought "wow, I have so much weight to lose." Now you can say to yourself "wow, I'm more than a third of the way there in less than six months!" Have you been getting a lot of surprised looks from people who haven't seen you in a while? Do you have more energy now? I'm so happy for you and I'm glad that you're still losing steadily. Keep up the good work!

abbypoo - Wow you are quick! Thank you so much for the support and kind words!!! You are so right... it is awesome to look back these last 4 months to see what I have accomplished. Just days before April came to an end I could not see myself getting any type of exercise at all. I had no interest in helping myself. I am so thankful that my mindset was changed... which I owe to God. I love my new lifestyle and the new me. I am anxious to keep getting smaller! As for the looks from people I have not seen in a while... not yet, but next month my family and I are taking a trip to AL (home) from WA. I will see all of my family who I have not seen since Sept 2006. It should be an awesome reunion in so many ways and I cannot wait for it!!! As for the energy... OMG yes. I am doing so many things (simple everyday things) that I never wanted to do in the past. I find myself not "sitting down to rest," but instead finding something to do that has needed to be done for a while! I love the new found strength and energy! Thanks again for the "uplift" that you always provide! I need to read your blog to see what you have been up to!!!

Jason

WOW another 10lbs! That's great!

Thank you Sarah... shooting for 7 more for Tuesday's weigh-in!! I will have an extra day this week due to the holiday!

Hi Jason,

When I looked down at the scale in January of last year and saw 419 pounds, I felt so bad. I knew that I needed to something. I started a modified Weight Watchers diet and lost about 35 pounds before starting the Lab Band process. When I went to my first consultation, I weighed 374. The only thing that allowed me to go ahead and have the surgery is the fact that I have way more weight in my legs, hips, and thighs than anywhere else. On the day of my surgery after the 2 week pre-op diet, I weighed 359. I know that it will be a little while before you can have the surgery, but you can do it. I did great with the surgery this past Monday, and I am looking forward to the future. Keep your chin up and keep walking!:)

Hi Jason,

When I looked down at the scale in January of last year and saw 419 pounds, I felt so bad. I knew that I needed to something. I started a modified Weight Watchers diet and lost about 35 pounds before starting the Lab Band process. When I went to my first consultation, I weighed 374. The only thing that allowed me to go ahead and have the surgery is the fact that I have way more weight in my legs, hips, and thighs than anywhere else. On the day of my surgery after the 2 week pre-op diet, I weighed 359. I know that it will be a little while before you can have the surgery, but you can do it. I did great with the surgery this past Monday, and I am looking forward to the future. Keep your chin up and keep walking!:)

Rebecca,

I sincerely thank you for your support and kind thoughts. I am proud of you for your loss thus far and I know that with the determination you seem to have you will succeed! A few posts ago I explained that I was not only approved for the LapBand, but had a surgery date for August 20th. A few days before the surgery I decided against having it done seeing how much success I have had on my own. I chose to continue losing weight on my own keeping the Band as an option should it become necessary down the road. I am still all about getting the surgery and think that it would help anyone long term, but I have to see if I can do this on my own first as this is the first time I have tried any type of diet/exercise regiment. It has truly changed my life in so many positive ways already. I cannot see myself going backwards any time soon!! Again thank you for your thougts and I wish you the best as well!!!

Jason

Looks like I stayed right where I was last week... no loss no gain today which is hard to complain about... I just want that 100 already! HaHa!! Next Monday here I come! Talk to y'all soon.

Jason

Finally had my initial consult yesterday with my surgeon. I have a very high BMI of 74 and he wants 100lbs lost before surgery. Was kinda down till he told me how he was going to help me with the task. I think of it as a mock-up banding. He has given me a prescription strength appetite suppresant and told me to use Atkins Diet. I went after the meeting and joined my local gym and walked half a mile! I will go daily and work my way up to more strenuous walks and workouts. I want this surgery and am ready to do what it takes... it is better than the alternative!!! Gonna do weekly weigh-ins at the surgeons office and monthly visitis with him personally to check progress. I am excited to start seeing results!

Jason

Good for you!!!!! You will love the Atkins diet once you kick the carb addiction which takes just a short amount of time. You never get hungry and you get to eat lots of great tasting food! You will lose that 100 pounds quickly and have your band in no time and continue that weight loss journey!!

OMG, I was way behind!! I read through ALL your posts and you have done an amazing job in a short time. Congratulations!! Don't count the lapband out! I would never want to sound discouraging, but like you said this is your first weight loss effort. Most of us have lost and gained countless times. Statistics show that something like 95%+ people do gain weight back. Consider the lapband to maintain after all your hard work getting it off. You are doing too much of a fantastic job to ever gain any back after you reach your goal!!

jms,

Thank you! I am keeping the LapBand as an option without a doubt. I decided I need to do this for myself. I know that with hard work and determination I can do this. I have family, friends & docs keeping an "eye" on me and should I start slipping the wrong way other options will be discussed without hesitation. I have no desire to go backwards! I feel amazing already and am still at 396lbs. I love & have become addicted to the energy & strength I have uncovered by exercising!! Thanks again for the support.

Jason

jms,

Thank you! I am keeping the LapBand as an option without a doubt. I decided I need to do this for myself. I know that with hard work and determination I can do this. I have family, friends & docs keeping an "eye" on me and should I start slipping the wrong way other options will be discussed without hesitation. I have no desire to go backwards! I feel amazing already and am still at 396lbs. I love & have become addicted to the energy & strength I have uncovered by exercising!! Thanks again for the support.

Jason

You are amazing and you do have the right attitude and great reasons to be very successful! I bet your family is very proud of you and happy Dad is able to participate so much more in their activities! They will be your greatest supporters.