Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Miss California and Gay marriage

Sorry you feel that way, Beth. But my kind of Christian is the kind that doesn't mince words. Sometimes people just need to hear the truth about sin and how God feels about it, so they could do something about it and maybe have a chance for eternal life. It's those christians who are so accepting and tolerant and say "live and let live" who don't really care about the souls of others. I don't have any problem at all with people making their own choices in life on how they want to live. It's truly up to them. I just want them to know that the one who created them is not pleased with their choices sometimes and that they will reap the consequences in the next life if they don't recognize their choices as sinful and repent like so many others have done. So, you're wrong when you say I don't get it. I get it fine.

Patty, God said some plant seeds, others sow them, and yet others reap them. He never said some are hurricanes that blow the seeds away. You, dear, are a hurricane.

Then maybe you should leave it to "your" God to do the hating...

I'm sorry Patty, but you need more help than Lap-band surgery has to offer...God told me!

Just what 'hating' are you talking about? I don't hate anyone and neither does God.

Patty, God said some plant seeds, others sow them, and yet others reap them. He never said some are hurricanes that blow the seeds away. You, dear, are a hurricane.

No. What he said was "some plant seeds, others Water them, but God brings in the harvest." Christians are supposed to plant and Water the seeds (which are the truths that God gives us in his word) then God brings forth the harvest, but only if those who hear the truth choose to accept it. I am not ashamed of the word of God. It says that homosexuality is a sin and I'm not afraid to call it what it is. I'm not trying to spare anyones feelings. That is why Miss California when asked about gay marriage gave her opinion truthfully. She wasn't about to be told to apologize for her beliefs. No one is 'born' gay, just like noone is born gluttonous. Neither of them are diseases either. They are choices that we make in life. I was fat (gluttonous) because I put the fork up to my mouth and those who are gay are gay because they have sex with their own sex. Period. It's a choice they choose. It's an act they desire. No excuses. Sin is sin and everyone on earth is in need of a Savior, for there is none without sin in their lives.

What I don't understand is why people can't just mind their own business. How does two people of any sex getting married impact your life unless you directly know said couple?

More people need to worry about themselves than everyone else.

No. What he said was "some plant seeds, others Water them, but God brings in the harvest." Christians are supposed to plant and Water the seeds (which are the truths that God gives us in his word) then God brings forth the harvest, but only if those who hear the truth choose to accept it. I am not ashamed of the word of God. It says that homosexuality is a sin and I'm not afraid to call it what it is. I'm not trying to spare anyones feelings. That is why Miss California when asked about gay marriage gave her opinion truthfully. She wasn't about to be told to apologize for her beliefs. No one is 'born' gay, just like noone is born gluttonous. Neither of them are diseases either. They are choices that we make in life. I was fat (gluttonous) because I put the fork up to my mouth and those who are gay are gay because they have sex with their own sex. Period. It's a choice they choose. It's an act they desire. No excuses. Sin is sin and everyone on earth is in need of a Savior, for there is none without sin in their lives.

#1....I don't know how you can make the statement that no one is born gay. Are you going by some scientific evidence when you state this? We live on a farm and a few years ago we had a cat named Charlie. Charlie had a preference for male cats. Do you really think that our sweet Charlie preferred "Toms" because it was a "learned" thing? I think not.

You make the statement that none of us are born gluttunous.....I can honestly make the statement that the reason I was obese is because I WAS BORN HUNGRY! I see this as a disease...not a sin. I WILL NOT ask God for forgiveness for my "so-called" gluttony. And any gay person should feel no shame for a natural intinct that they were born into.

It's judgements like you are making, Patty, that cause sooooooooooooooooo much shame and hurt in this world. How would you react if your child came home and informed you he or she is gay?

What I don't understand is why people can't just mind their own business. How does two people of any sex getting married impact your life unless you directly know said couple?

More people need to worry about themselves than everyone else.

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY! who are you (in the general sense) to care what bob and tom or sue and linda do? does a homosexual couple being married change your marriage? i think not. you are still married.

and i second apples question...patty what would you do if one of your children came home and announced they were gay? love them any less? disown them? hate and condemn them, or wait, i am sorry, their sin, not them, as you stated? i just dont understand having such feelings towards something that you dont understand. but i guess that could be the reason too?? i dont know. i am a heterosexual, married, mother. i only know a handful of gay people. i am not claiming that i understand homosexuality in any way, but i am accepting of it as a way of life and a way of being. who i am to judge someone else's feelings and being?

i think its possible to believe in god and heaven and hell and sin and all that and not be so judgemental in the process.

and damnit if i cant remember what the actual question/thought of this thread even was!

and damnit if i cant remember what the actual question/thought of this thread even was!

original "thought" conceived by the OP was if miss california should be slammed for having voiced her views, that she did not believe in gay marriage during the miss USA contest.

because i have that drivel on ignore - that's my guess; and beth you can quit copying ANYTIME....:ohmy:

i find it HILLARIOUS that the term marriage causes such a stir - like those "gays" will diminish my relationship in any way. actually some gays dont' need that term either, legal commitments & SHARED rights....read that SHARED rights under the law: healthcare/life insurance/property rights/adoption/legal guardian/executor of estates, all those items afforded to those of us that dig the opposite sex - why on earth it can't be for others is INSANE.

oh and getting back to miss california - ms prim and proper and holy and god like ... why did she have to get a new set of tatas before the competition....yep new boobs, couldn't she just love herself enough to appreciate her flat chested self???? oh and orange self tanner isn't a great look either. she should have bought classes on how to speak in front of others - that might have helped just a bit more than the rocks on her chest.....

Edited by luluc

because i have that drivel on ignore - that's my guess; and beth you can quit copying ANYTIME....:thumbup:

My sincerest apologies... :ohmy:

Could proselytizing be considered a "transfer addiction"?:ohmy:

that is brilliant & quite true!

thanks luluc for the reminder of the original intent of the thread...my opinion on that....

i think it took balls for her to stand up and say what she believed in when she HAD to know what would come of it. that was just a loaded question, either way. answer yes, its ok, the pattygreen's come down on you, answer no, its not, the perez hilton's attack. just a way to draw attention to the pageant itself. now to blame your loss of the crown on that, pathetic. another attempt at attention.

just my humble little opinion of course, wrong as some are bound to see it.

It is interesting to me that some people choose to allow a state service to discriminate. Why not stop issuing marriage licenses be issued to Blacks, Mexicans, and Jews while we are at it?

The state should not be in the marriage business unless it is for all citizens. I guess to some it is ok to discriminate though if you don't like them or their fully legal lifestyle.

I just got married last July. No one voted to allow me to marry. I have not right to take away someone else’s right to marry the life partner of their choosing.

As a resident of California I was disgusted at the downright bigotry shown by my fellow Californian's.

God did create marriage in the beginning when he joined Adam and Eve together and told them to procreate. And Yes, that was before the many laws that humans made, and the laws of human beings stem from God's original laws on human rights and wrongs and what he deems acceptable or not.

You are correct in saying that you are here as a creation of God, and a creation he loves dearly, but the choices that you make in life are yours and yours alone, not Gods. He created man and woman and gave them their body parts to fit together and to procreate as he had planned for them. It was not in his plan for men to get together with men or for women to get together with women. If you desire to sleep with other women, it is because it's what you desire, not what God planned for you. A gay person can make a decision to either fulfill his own desires in life, OR follow God's plan for themselves. It's their choice. You or anyone else who is gay is not a part of any bigger design of Gods. God designed you as a woman, and expected you to get married and then have sex with the man you married, or otherwise stay single and not have sex at all.

I don't believe in god, seriously. Why should I be held to your religious standards?