Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

VENT HERE - anger about Katrina Relief

DeLarla

Babs: Wasn't posting this to either support my points. I only posted it to bring it to light that the levee was old and could break.

We have differing opinions on Bush and that I respect. You like him I don't. I agree to disagree on that point.

I posted this on the other thread that got deleted. I thought it was a great thing to have been done.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20050906/STORMSTRONACH06/TPInternational/TopStories

I have not watched the news. I have not read the newspapers. Most of the details I 'know' about this situation are from this thread. I knew the hurricane hit, I knew it was horrible, and I knew people needed help. I simply (and selfishly) did not want to hear the rest. I still am not watching the news, and I still am not reading the newspapers. I just don't want to see that stuff. I tried to give blood yesterday, but my red blood cell count was one point lower than they will accept. They said to eat foods with Iron in them and come back in 2 months. I'm going to try for one month and see what happens. In the meantime, I am getting together a box of everything I don't need in my house that might do someone some good. I'm going to see if anyone at my office wants to participate. That's really all I can do. But I've had some conversations with people, and I think that the little stuff helps. I think part of the problem is that people want to look at the big picture and see what will 'solve the problem' but that problem is just too big. You'll never get anywhere looking at it that way. Send people stuff, work on getting them homes, and getting them out of N.O., once the people are safe, then maybe start draining the Water out of the city. Who knows what happens after that, but if people would look at it one step at a time, it doesn't seem so big, and it seems more do-able.

Whatever happened, happened. We all want answers as to how or why, but at the same time, I think more importantly at this point, we need to scream and yell to make sure that it never happens again. "You've seen this now, USE IT to make sure that cities are prepared for stuff like this now." So that's my little ramble for the moment..

Help. Please call (702) 876-FM92 and put the male DJs in place. I'm truly disgusted. Today they were cracking jokes about the smells and odors coming from women's private parts. It's a big friggen joke to them that women can't bathe after losing their homes. They said they were sending tons of donations, so they sent a guy to the douche and tampon isle to pick things out over the air, while cracking vulgar jokes and making songs up about how rancid women are right now. Big friggen joke to them. They are acting generous, but if women got those boxes with a copy of today's show, they would refuse the donations. Vulgar and disgusting.

So I called the station and opened my mouth like a foul-mouthed construction worker to prove a point. I told them not to put me on the air, and then I broke down crying. I told them how painful and awful they were being. The bastards put me on the air anyway, sobbing. They apologized and said they were stupid and immature, but then they aired the apology, but then opened the line up to more male callers while laughing for more wisecracks about vaginal odor.

Please support me by calling or e-mailing KOMP FM. They are pigs sending a variety of products to Katrina but all while laughing. Tampons that they call harpoons, douche that they refer to as pickeled egg juice. Sure, it's funny to guys, but would YOU think it was funny if you lost everything? Would you want that kind of donation? Sure, they sent money too, but it's all a big joke to them.

Send an e-mail to kompmorningshow.com in protest. Ask them to send the tape of the show with the donations so they don't humiliate the women that are hurting and in need.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Ms. Penni,

First I offer hugs! Squeeze!

I am sorry if I backtracked to previous posts where you had strong opinions about the levee breach and that something should have been done about it. I thought that is why you were referring to this article.

And by the way, I am not really a Bush supporter. I am neither a Republican or Democrat. I vote for who I think will do the best job. I just believe we should support our "imperfect" government and Prez cause thats what we got to work with.

I spent 50% of my adult life living and traveling in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. I worked publishing magazines, putting together television productions and organizing global events for economic and industrial development groups. My US boss was a Senator from GA. Global development and billion dollar infrastructure projects are my cup of tea.

So I dont mean to offend anyone at all with my strong voice, but after living abroad and traveling around Europe, Africa and the Middle East, the US governmental infrastructure looks good in comparision to the way some other countries in the world handle their issues.

I just want folks to know that we live in the best country in the world despite its imperfections. OK, now I am sounding really sappy........ Get out the violins.... OK, lets go help some people in need now..... Back to the regularly scheduled channel.

Babs in TX

Hi lIsa,

I just called and there is no answer. Do you think they are not answering cause they are in over their heads. I will tyr later....

Babs in TX