Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else NOT a fitness overachiever?!

Nope, I'm still walking virtually everyday. Just getting busy around here. Next week will be crazy with DD's 3rd b-day, with the party to follow on the weekend.

B/c of next week, I bumped my fill appt up to tomorrow. Was supposed to go on Wed but I'll go tomorrow instead. That will take one thing off of next week!

Luckily the party isn't at our house but my mom and her BF will be staying here so I still have to find time to clean this place up! LOL!

Have a great weekend!

Monday: Spread dirt in the back yard, getting ready for sod

Tuesday: Laid 100 pieces of sod and built a 16 foot flower bed

Wednesday: Walked on the treadmill 45 minutes, pretty slow because I am extremely sore from yard work!!!

Oh girl, you WIN! That is hard work! My DH did landscaping as a side job when we first met. I helped him lay sod on a yard and I couldn't walk for 2 days afterwards! I'd like to think I could do it now, but I won't be volunteering for it any time soon.

I'm going to swim tonight with or without DH. I feel the need to be in the Water. Trying for 10 laps! We'll see.

Okay people, if you're not posting, you are probably NOT working out!!! I'd really like to see all of you back here this week!

I admit it. I haven't been exercising. I have been feeling like such a loser (and not in a good way). I need a fill. I was supposed to have it Thursday, but my sinuses have been in awful shape. I was scared to get a fill with that going on. I have gained and lost the same 5 pounds for the past month. I am so frustrated that it is beyond belief. I know that the band is a tool. I know I have to work at it, but dang, I would like to feel like I am not on a diet for at least once!

I am a little bummed about working out. I haven't been able to until now. I had a really bad injury and spent most of last yr in a wheelchair and altho I am walking now, that accident shoved my hip into my thigh and I my gait is off now so I stay in constant pain over my back. I joined a gym and have my first Water aerobics class in a couple of hours but I went in yesterday to try that eliptical machine b/c I heard it was no impact and I lasted maybe 7 minutes and the pain was horrible. I feel like crap...the heart is willing but the back is fighting me. I suppose you have to start somewhere, it's just hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Hope everyone has a happy Memorial Day.

Katie

weight.png

Bella, how did Water aerobics go? Was it okay? I sure hope so. I just hear really good things about working in the water when you have pain. I'm really praying that this can be a viable alternative for you!

Slim, hang in there! I know how you feel. I've been stuck for awhile now too. I started tracking my food intake again and was shocked to find I'm actually eating around my band! I'm eating when I'm not hungry and for no reason other than it's there. I was horrified. I know now that I must track my food regularly to keep myself in check. :smile:

We didn't make it to church yesterday so I left DD and the dog at home with DH when he finally got in and took off for my extended walk (the 2.5 mile one) and really enjoyed it. Worked up a good sweat and actually didn't feel the need to collapse into a dripping heap when I got home! WhooHoo!

Got out for my regular 1.5 mile walk with DH joining us this AM. That was nice, except he slows me down! LOL!

I'm in some pain right now. I have bone spurs on the backs of both heals but the left one is HUGE and impedes with the Achilles Tendon. I get flare-ups and am in one now. I'm wearing cruddy shoes for my walks. I buy inexpensive walkers for normal, daily wear and since I've started walking, haven't gone and bought GOOD shoes for this. I'm paying for it now. I'm still walking anyway b/c it actually works it out and feels better for awhile. It's getting up in the AM or after sitting for awhile that becomes a problem!

My next major expenditure is going to be a good pair of shoes for my walks. We're headed to the city this week for the major b-day party shopping and so I'm hoping we can fit that in. We'll see.

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Take care!

Bella, how did Water aerobics go? Was it okay? I sure hope so. I just hear really good things about working in the water when you have pain. I'm really praying that this can be a viable alternative for you!

The first workout was really intense and I had horrible abdominal pain for close to 2 days but my body has been atrophied for over a yr so I kind of expected that but I went tonight and it was more relaxed but I still broke a sweat so I am going to try and go to all 5 classes during the week. Thanks for asking! On a positive note I am down another 6 pounds in the past week which is great!

Katie

Michelle, go get you some shoes! I am a FIRM believer in good quality shoes for working out. You have such a beautiful place to walk. I would love to live in the mountains!

Katie, Great job on the Water aerobics! I've never done the classes. They have them here during the middle of the morning. I can't get off work for that. Good luck with it! Oh, and WOW! 6 lbs in ONE week!! I would be over the moon if I lost that much in a week.

I hope we all have a great week! Get out and MOVE!!!!

This may sound CRAZY but I bought a dog to go walking with me.

I don't think it's crazy at all! Especially if you WANTED a dog to begin with! What a great walking partner AND a good motivator!

The first workout was really intense and I had horrible abdominal pain for close to 2 days but my body has been atrophied for over a yr so I kind of expected that but I went tonight and it was more relaxed but I still broke a sweat so I am going to try and go to all 5 classes during the week. Thanks for asking! On a positive note I am down another 6 pounds in the past week which is great!

Katie

Hang in there! Sounds like it IS going to work well for you once you get your body used to moving again!

And congrats on the WL!!!

Michelle, go get you some shoes! I am a FIRM believer in good quality shoes for working out. You have such a beautiful place to walk. I would love to live in the mountains!

I know, I'm headed to REI tomorrow. I'm starting to think that I'm almost more hiking than walking b/c of the terrain and hills. A lot of pounding on the heals going down hill, etc. They're all well-trained and pretty knowledgeable at REI and should be able to help me figure out what I actually need to be looking for. I'm thinking I might actually need a shoe/hiker hybrid. They kind of look like an aggressive athletic shoe but they have more support and cushioning. We'll see.

My mom was saying that they have a Fleet Feet store near her in Sacramento and they measure things, watch how you walk and take in to account any foot, leg or back issues and recommend types of shoes, then give you lists of brands that have those types. Next time I go visit, we'll make some time to go and see what they say.

I'm already realizing that even my daily stuff needs to be better quality [usually means more money!] than what I've been buying. I really DON'T want to have foot surgery!

On another note. This AM was able to get out and walk. DH took my truck to the shop [tire balance and rotate] for me so I could still walk! Wasn't that nice? What a guy!

Today is DD's 3rd b-day! We just got back from the movies. Saw Night at the Museum II. It was pretty good and I liked how it ended. I do like the first one better but I didn't find this a total waste of money. Especially since we went to the matinee showing! LOL!

The rest of the week is going to get crazy. I'm hoping to still be able to get out for my walks but it's not looking good! We'll see. I know tomorrow's out b/c of the shopping trip to town but Thurs and Fri may still work. I'm hoping! Sat will probably be out. We'll need to be at the lake early [party starts at 11:30] to get set up and ready, so we'll see.

Have a great day! I'll let you know what I find out tomorrow at REI!

I took the holiday weekend off, though I went to an arts and craft festival...did lots of walking there!!

Monday- 10 minutes on the elliptical 30 minutes on treadmill

Got busy with the b-day party prep and never got back here! Bought some great shoes at REI and spent a load of money on them too! Yikes! Guess I've just gotta suck it up every 6 months and do it!

Feet feel loads better on my walks. I got all terrains for the different stuff I'm on with the hills. Much better!

Was able to get out and walk my normal 1.5 loop on Thursday. Friday was able to get out there about 7:30 before anyone woke up for my 2.5 mile loop. Then Saturday, day of the party, couldn't sleep so I was up and out of the house just before 6AM!! That is unheard of for me! I am NOT a morning person! LOL! But I got out there and did my 2.5 mile loop. I actually took my time with it that day. I knew the day was going to be crazy and when I got home would be hitting the ground running so I took my time and enjoyed my walk and music. Got home a little after 7 and sure enough, got Breakfast and off we went! It was a great day!

Sunday I was toast so I didn't walk. I'd been on my feet ALL day Saturday and was hurting. Monday did a little different walk and went almost 2 miles. Today, I had too much to get done and just didn't have the time to get out for my walk. I'll get out there for sure tomorrow. If I'm up before DD, then I'll do the 2.5 mile loop, otherwise, we'll just do the 1.5 mile loop. We'll see.

I hope everyone is doing well. Post up and let us know how you're doing. Whether it's good, bad or ugly! And if it's bad and ugly, let us help you!!!!

Night all!

Michelle

Michelle,

You are doing AWESOME! You walked more in the last week than I have in a month or more! Good job on the shoes!

I finally went to the gym Monday after not going for over a week. I plateaued a few weeks ago and I can't seem to make the scales budge. I had to modify my vacation goal, and I still don't feel like I'll make it! That, combined with having to buy clothes for vacation, has really bummed me out. I was SO hoping to be down another 10 lbs before I had to shop so I could wear the clothes longer.

Now that I'm back in the gym, I'm hoping the week off will help kickstart my weight loss.

I hope everyone else is having a great week!

Hi all,

Up until today I've been walking, either on the track at work, or the treadmill. I exercised Sunday, but not yesterday--I mean the weight resistance stuff. And I've been eating sweets. Not like I used to, but still ...

I'm scheduled to go for my third fill tomorrow, and I honestly don't know what to do. Maybe I should get a little one. I'm getting hungry about every three to four hours, and the sweets! I know the band won't stop that, I have to, and I'm doing better. Tomorrow I'll exercise when I get home from work.

Thanks for letting me go off topic a little.

Debbie

I'm scheduled to go for my third fill tomorrow, and I honestly don't know what to do. Maybe I should get a little one. I'm getting hungry about every three to four hours, and the sweets! I know the band won't stop that, I have to, and I'm doing better. Tomorrow I'll exercise when I get home from work.

Get the fill. My doctor has me do liquids for the next 24 hours and mushies for 48 hours after a fill. If yours has you do that, it's a great time to get control of the sugar monster. For the next 3-4 days plan exactly what you're going to eat and stick to it. That's very short term goal that's easy to manage. Just make sure you're eating the right foods. Then when you go back to solids, you'll be back on track.

Keep exercising! It sounds like you've got that one under control. There's nothing that says you have to work out EVERY day.:redface:

Well, I didn't get the fill because my doctor thinks my weight loss is pretty good. I've lost 8 pounds since my last visit for a total of 50--count 'em!--50 pounds! That's enough to let me know that I can do this! So I'm going to be a better bandster now--at least for a while! :biggrin:

Debbie

Wow! Great Job, Debbie! You CAN do this. I'm glad you got your motivation back! Keep us posted on the exercise, too.

Well, I've made it to the gym twice this week. But, I only did 30 minutes on the elliptical each time. No weights. I kind of lost my motivation for a few days. But, I bought a really cute sexy dress to wear on vacation, and I want to look my best in it, so I gotta get busy!!

Have a great weekend everyone. Get out in the sunshine and MOVE!!!!