Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else NOT a fitness overachiever?!

Michelle,

You are doing AWESOME! You walked more in the last week than I have in a month or more! Good job on the shoes!

I finally went to the gym Monday after not going for over a week. I plateaued a few weeks ago and I can't seem to make the scales budge. I had to modify my vacation goal, and I still don't feel like I'll make it! That, combined with having to buy clothes for vacation, has really bummed me out. I was SO hoping to be down another 10 lbs before I had to shop so I could wear the clothes longer.

Now that I'm back in the gym, I'm hoping the week off will help kickstart my weight loss.

I hope everyone else is having a great week!

Thanks.

Good for you for getting back to the gym!

Well, I didn't get the fill because my doctor thinks my weight loss is pretty good. I've lost 8 pounds since my last visit for a total of 50--count 'em!--50 pounds! That's enough to let me know that I can do this! So I'm going to be a better bandster now--at least for a while! :biggrin:

Debbie

Debbie, you're doing a great job!

Well, I've made it to the gym twice this week. But, I only did 30 minutes on the elliptical each time. No weights. I kind of lost my motivation for a few days. But, I bought a really cute sexy dress to wear on vacation, and I want to look my best in it, so I gotta get busy!!

Have a great weekend everyone. Get out in the sunshine and MOVE!!!!

June, at least you got there! That's half the battle. The other half is making it a productive trip. Getting on the machines when you don't feel like it is doing pretty good!

LOL! No sunshine here! Woke up to pouring rain and almost an inch of it since the early morning hours! T-storms predicted for the day/evening. No walk today. No way do I want to get out there with DD and dog and have the skies open up on us! YIKES!!!

I was able to do my 2.5 mile loop on Wednesday and my 1.5 mile loop on Thursday BUT I'm having to force myself out there! Must be a "lack of motivation" bug out there!

If the sky clears and the t-storms go away, I'll get out there again tomorrow for my 1.5 mile loop. Whether I want to or not!

Have a great weekend everyone! TTFN!

Oh my gosh! Fifteen days since I posted! Not good!

Well that motivation bug finally got me completely.

On the 6th, I got out and walked and then didn't get back out there again until this past Monday! Eight days of no walking! NOT GOOD!! And it showed when I started back up again on Monday. It KILLED me!!! I so wanted to turn around and go home! Even the dog was struggling b/c it'd been 8 days since she'd been out for a walk too!

I can't do that to either one of us again. Not worth it!

So, I've been out there everyday this week, except for today BUT that was b/c we were leaving early for a church outing to a mining museum and I was going to be walking a lot today. Tomorrow is church, so most Sundays end up a day off. If it's not too hot tho, may get out there in the afternoon after we get back. Definitely getting out there on Monday tho!

So, where is everyone?! Post up people!!! Don't leave me hangin' here all by myself!! LOL!!

I need advice on free exercise ideas, but I have a unique problem. Aside from 2 kinds of arthritis in my knees and hips, I pulled a good one when I went for my 2nd fill. When I stepped up to get on the gurney, my right knee popped (loud enough to echo in the room), and I had severe pain. The next day my ortho diagnosed a partially torn ACL. I'm now in a custom brace, but warned to watch every step-they don't want to do a total knee on a 50-yr.old. So now I'm stuck-I was banded 2-12-09, and have only lost 26 lb. HELP!!!

I need advice on free exercise ideas, but I have a unique problem. Aside from 2 kinds of arthritis in my knees and hips, I pulled a good one when I went for my 2nd fill. When I stepped up to get on the gurney, my right knee popped (loud enough to echo in the room), and I had severe pain. The next day my ortho diagnosed a partially torn ACL. I'm now in a custom brace, but warned to watch every step-they don't want to do a total knee on a 50-yr.old. So now I'm stuck-I was banded 2-12-09, and have only lost 26 lb. HELP!!!

i can relate to your pain. i also wear a custom brace. i shattered my left knee last yr and i still have severe arthritis and it keeps popping in and out on me. i do Water aerobics classes at my gym 3 x per week which really helps. i have lost close to 40 pounds since my surgery 8 weeks ago. i hope you feel better. take care

katie

i cant get a tracker

i cant get a tracker

I use daily plate at livestrong.com. It's free and easy to use.

~~~~~

Haven't walked since last week again. We're hitting 100+ degrees here and it's just too dang hot by the time I'm able to get out there.

I'm going to have to suck it up and use the treadmill. :tongue2:

It was supposed to be really hot here yesterday, so my friend and I walked on the track before work. It was really nice up there.

We went again today, but during my lunch hour.

I weighed myself this morning, and the scale said I've lost two more pounds, so I'm down 54. I won't actually add it to my signature until I go for my fill in a couple of weeks, because my surgeon's scale says I weigh four or five pounds less than my scale here at home. The good news is that the scale is heading in the right direction--down! YAY

Debbie!

Fantastic job, Debbie!!

I have yet to even hit the treadmill. I've gotten to where I hate that thing! Guess I'm going to have to get up at the crack of dawn if I want to get outside to walk! :P

Okay! I am back! Vacation is over. Holiday is over...time to get back on track!

Only worked out one morning while on vacation. The resort had an awesome gym so I decided to take advantange! But, on day two, I turned my ankle so I stayed out of the gym. Walking around was hard enough. The food was great, but I didn't go overboard. I DID have the worst "stuck" episode ever!!! Bottom line, we had a blast..and I lost 2 lbs on vacation!!! I have NEVER done that before!

I will be headed to the gym at 4pm today! I am ready to get going again!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Ok, I haven't been posting because I haven't been doing so well with the exercise. I have been wearing a pedometer at work. I have trying to make sure that I take the longest routes and taking the stairs. I have gotten to about 7000 steps a day. I know that isn't great, but I am working on it. I also ordered some new shoes that are supposed to help work your legs more while walking (skecher shape-ups). We shall see how that goes. I will post about them if they don't kill me. :confused:

Oh Slim, you're not alone there. And, as usual, I have dozens of excuses!!!

One of the gyms I go to is closing this month. The other has alot of broken equipment and they won't fix it. There are two other gyms in town and I plan to look into those on Monday. Both are 24 hr places, so I have to take off work during the day to check them out.

It's WAYYY to hot to try to workout outside. I didn't mow the yard to almost 2 weeks because it's too hot to be out there! My DH cleaned it all up yesterday and now he's sick in the bed. Poor thing!

Excuses or not, I WILL get back on track! Have a great week!

June and Slim,

I'm there too. It's too dang HOT!!! I have no money to join curves and I'm not interested in the only gym up here.

DD and I did go to the pool Friday for a couple of hours and tho I couldn't swim laps, hauling my DD around in the pool, ect, probably helped a little.

I just need it to cool down so I can get back out there again!

Okay. So. We haven't checked in for, let's see, two months, maybe? So how is everyone?

I finally got another fill, 2.75 CC's, and it feels like I have some restriction. I mean really. I've lost three more pounds which isn't much, but I know why. I'm still walking a mile on the track, and going on the treadmill when I don't walk at work. I'm involved in a musical which has been kind of interesting, because there are all kinds of sweets I could eat, but I've been pretty good, just have Water.

By restriction, I mean that I don't seem to get hungry as often, and stay full longer, and I am more aware of feeling uncomfortable if I'm eating too fast. Nothing has gotten stuck. Can someone tell me, am I on the right track?

Hope to hear from someone!

Debbie

Debbie,

You must be psychic! I was just thinking the same thing. I haven't even been on the website for almost 2 months.

You are definitely on the right track! Good job!

I have been kind of "coasting" for the past couple of months. Not really watching my food, and no exercise to speak of. For whatever reason, I was just tired of focusing on all of this. I have gained a few pounds (maybe 4), but not as much as I usually gain in Summer.

Now it's time to get back on track. I joined a new gym yesterday. The membership comes with a free session with a trainer. So, I did that yesterday at 4pm. Now at 8am the next morning...I HATE THAT GUY!!!!! There is no part of my body that doesn't hurt!!! My plan now, is to do what he showed me for the next month. Then I'll sign up for another session with the torturer to incorporate something new. We'll see!

Everyone have a great week!

Ahhhhh good old exercise. . . I not only am "metabolically challenged" but I hate exercise. . . the only reason I do it EVERYDAY is because I don't want to hurt so much. . .I have to keep my muscles going or else I totally suffer! So I gripe as I leave work all the way to Golds, then I gripe more from the parking lot to the entrance of the gym, then even more louder griping to the dressing room and to the treadmill, then I really gripe and try to talk myself out of my 45 minute walk at 3.2mph, but i keep going grumbling to myself. . .after the 45 minutes i get up on the bike at peddle at random hills at level 9 for 10 minutes, (griping of course) then off to the sit up machine for 5 sets of 10 at 90lbs. . . off i run to my car and go home. . . i've done that for the past 1 year religiously EVERYDAY. . . errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I am truly the queen of gripe!!!!!