Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone want to fess up to nasty habits and try to work on them together!

OK,

Here goes. I think the thing that is holding me back the most is eating at my desk. No a meal, I mean snacking while working.

I need to break that habit and maybe being accountable here will help if anyone else wants to join in and try to work on breaking some habits that are holding us back?

:crying:

OK,

Here goes. I think the thing that is holding me back the most is eating at my desk. No a meal, I mean snacking while working.

I need to break that habit and maybe being accountable here will help if anyone else wants to join in and try to work on breaking some habits that are holding us back?

Not eating at work is hard for me too. The high stress level and the fact that people bring in junk food. I would like to try to break that habit right along with you! Great idea!

OK,

I had to break this bad habit too. It's the worst eating habit to get into to. I've finally broken it.

GRAZING.....

I'm a grazer....I tend to have a bite of this and that when I'm cooking and then do it again if I end up back in the kitchen with the food after dinner.

Now that I'm banded I keep reminding myself....your not hungry, don't put that in your mouth.

im a receptionist for aerospace...i sit all alone...bored out of my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!! i use to snack on boxes of cheese its...sunflower seeds (were my favorite) along with whatever else i could find at 7-11...lol...the week b4 i had surgery i threw it all away...it was kind of embarrassing...now i snack on a super big gulp full of crystal lite....and that seems to keep me occupied when i want to reach out for something...but it was really hard in the beggining...i ate a lot out of pure bordem!!!!!!!!!!

Hello All

my weakness is the weekends because I am out and about..sometimes dining out and making the right decisions is tuff...do I want the buffet or should i make dinner at home?! LOL..Its tough..sometimes when at work i get bored and wanna munch on stuff...ok there is goes!

Thank you all for your honest answers! So far today I have not had anything to eat at my desk.

I work at home, so this is sooooo hard. :w00t:

I gave up the eating in front of TV a few weeks ago and I started losing again. One bad habit down, one to go!

I did run out into the kitchen and took a few bites though :smile:

Gosh...this is tough.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Denying myself from eating at my desk just didnt work for me. So instead of eating cakes, pies, chips, pretzels all through the day I now eat carrots, fruits, nuts etc... Don't deny yourself just change what you are eating. I figured if I chaged what I ate instead of just stopping it would work and it has. If I want something sweet to eat I take some washed grapes and mix in a pac of my favorite sugar-free Jello, shake it up in a plastic container put it in the freezer at work and when it becomes cold eat it! OHHHHHH its soooo good and it wonderful for a summer snack! (Im sure you could do this with pretty much any fruit!) TRY IT! :unsure:

If I want something sweet to eat I take some washed grapes and mix in a pac of my favorite sugar-free Jello,shake it up in a plastic container put it in the freezer at work and when it becomes cold eat it! OHHHHHH its soooo good and it wonderful for a summer snack! (Im sure you could do this with pretty much any fruit!) TRY IT! :drool:

Question: Do you mix the grapes with the Jello powder or a pack of pre-made jello? And how many grapes do you use? I need a healthy snack that will conquer my sweet craving.

Okay...my problem is sweets, pure and simple. It's always been my problem, and unfortunately...sweets go right down. It's a constant struggle with me. Add that to late night snacking and it's a real problem. Let's tackle these problems together and see if we can get a handle on them!

Ok here is the recipe LOL

1. Take about a couple of handfulls of grapes wash and do not dry

2. Put them in a plastic container

3. Take a dry packet of sugar free Jello.

4. Pour the packet of jello in the container with the grapes.

5. Add a small amount of Water. Just enough so that the jello can coat the grapes and somwhat dessolve some of the jello.

The powder coats the grapes, but sometimes can be too much on one grape.

6. Shake! Shake! Shake!

7. Put in freezer.

8. Take out and enjoy.

Ok here is the recipe LOL

1. Take about a couple of handfulls of grapes wash and do not dry

2. Put them in a plastic container

3. Take a dry packet of sugar free Jello.

4. Pour the packet of Jello in the container with the grapes.

5. Add a small amount of Water. Just enough so that the jello can coat the grapes and somwhat dessolve some of the jello.

The powder coats the grapes, but sometimes can be too much on one grape.

6. Shake! Shake! Shake!

7. Put in freezer.

8. Take out and enjoy.

Thanks! I will definitely give that a try.

Hello.... My name is Aubrie and I'm a foodaholic.

LOL. My surgeon told me I'm an addict. A food addict because I can't stop snacking!!!! I do great all day long, until I get home from work. In the morning, at lunch and all afternoon I follow all the bandster rules. I eat what I'm supposed to, in the amount allowed, I drink my Water, I chew, chew, chew. I even exercise 2 or 3 days a week. But when I get home, I go through a metamorphosis!!! I'm immediately looking for cheese, nuts, chips, cheese nips or something to hold me over until dinner. It's horrible. I can't seem to stop. I've tried and tried. I'm not gaining any weight at all, but I also haven't lost a thing in 5 months. Sucks. I'm so pissed at myself.

Hello.... My name is Aubrie and I'm a foodaholic.

LOL. My surgeon told me I'm an addict. A food addict because I can't stop snacking!!!! I do great all day long, until I get home from work. In the morning, at lunch and all afternoon I follow all the bandster rules. I eat what I'm supposed to, in the amount allowed, I drink my Water, I chew, chew, chew. I even exercise 2 or 3 days a week. But when I get home, I go through a metamorphosis!!! I'm immediately looking for cheese, nuts, chips, cheese nips or something to hold me over until dinner. It's horrible. I can't seem to stop. I've tried and tried. I'm not gaining any weight at all, but I also haven't lost a thing in 5 months. Sucks. I'm so pissed at myself.

Aubrie....welcome to the land of addictive personalities...LOL

I have always had a problem with walking in the door and shoving food in my face too...so here's my question to you, is life at home a little hectic and stressfull, or do you have a heavy commute? I know for me personally I think sometimes I head for the food as something to help calm me or take me away from all the crap whirling around me.

Suggestion, try eating something protien rich as a small snack just before you leave to go home. Maybe that will help carry you through until dinner time, or even keep something in the car. Have something ready so that you have your portions under control, but maybe you just need a little afternoon protien to help pick you up.

If you find something that works let me know....I'm always in need of support!!! LOL

~Monica

Thank you all for the great responses!

OK, so I have conclused what my doc told me at the beginning, I am a grazer indeed!

I just like to fill my friggin face! lol. :thumbup:

Lets just be grateful for the band and know it's doing it's job, we just have to kick ourselves in the A$$ once in a while.

Ok, so week 3 I still have not eaten at my desk. I know I could eat healthy foods as one of the posters suggested, but give me an inch and I'll take a MILE! :tt2:

Also, I am a workaholic and am ALWAYS at my desk, so I needed to get this under control. I also have 2 Protein shakes a day and plenty of drinks while working.

I do allow myself to eat my healthy lunch at my desk somtimes, but I realy don't miss the crumbs and ickies on my keyboard!

Thank you all for your support. :smile: