Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's the longest you've gone between fills and still had consistent weight loss?

I'm just curious about this because I had my last fill the first of January and I'm beginning to think its time for another one. I've never gone more than a month without needing a fill and am wondering if its normal to go 3 months, or longer, between fills and still be losing weight. Thanks for your input!!

i had a small fill last wk & my last one was in may '08.

i lost 27lbs & have maintained it roughly during that timeframe.

WOW!!!! Maybe I should have asked how long between fills when you HAVEN'T reached your goal weight yet....like around 6 months post-op which is where I am. Some of you have gone a long time...a really long time and are still losing...I'm impressed and it gives me renewed hope!! Still I am curious about the folks not yet at goal...like me.

7/6/08 Weight 250

7/17 Weight 242 - Band Date

9/07 1st fill - weight 215

11/07 2nd fill - weight 201

1/08 3rd fill .01 - weight 184.5

Haven't had a fill in 15 months

7/24/08 - weight 145

9/08 - Weight 138

WOW!!!! Maybe I should have asked how long between fills when you HAVEN'T reached your goal weight yet....like around 6 months post-op which is where I am. Some of you have gone a long time...a really long time and are still losing...I'm impressed and it gives me renewed hope!! Still I am curious about the folks not yet at goal...like me.

probably a better question, however i had roughly 30lbs to lose at the time of my last fill - which i did & now maintaining. before then, i was going every month for a fill.

My year anniversary is next month. I had my first fill in Nov 2008 and going for my second one tomorrow. I lost about 30 pounds after my first fill and basically stalledin my losing last month. So I decided it's time for another one. It's so hard to gauge because everyone is different...but my doctor said when I stall out for a few weeks, then it's time to schedule the next one. I have about 35 more to lose and I'm hoping this one does it! I'm going crazy to reach my goal...lol!

I have been having a fill about every three months. I feel my doctor is very conservative and I haven't reached by perfect level of restriction yet. Once I do, I am hoping I don't have to go as often. I do get full at meals, but I am still getting hungry about every 3 hours. I go back on the 15th for my 5th fill and I do believe I am real close to the right level of restriction. I have been either staying the same weigth or losing a pound to pound and a half a week for about 3 months now. I'm okay with that. There hasn't been any gain so I feel good about things. Really ready to resolve the hunger between meals though.

I never viewed fills in terms of a "sweet spot" since honestly EVERY fill had me losing weight steadily again. But what I found was that the more fill I had, the longer the next fill would last. So at first I needed another at six weeks, by the end it lasted more like six months - weight loss slower, not as dependable week to week but still kept going (and you expect that close to goal).