Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band Out, Sleeve In! It's done.

Thanks Elizabeth. It's comforting to hear you feel well enough to go back to work. I have a desk job and I know being a nurse is more strenuous work. I only work part time, so it feels good to know I may not need 2 full weeks off work. Nobody at work knows about the band, and won't know why I am off work this time either.

I love reading your updates!

I honestly don't see how people are getting in all their Protein without supplementation.

I'm 6 months out and have a Protein shake every morning and Protein hot chocolate every night.

When you are on the full liquids, you can make every drink have protein of some sort in it so that can help. Then with mushies, I just considered that practice for real eating and not a big source of protein or calories.

Even now it's easy to eat lunch and realize you only got in 10 g of protein. Sometimes I eat my meals in stages so I can get more in. I know that if I ate slower I'd be able to do it in one stage, but sometimes I rush before I think about it and then I feel full on just a few bites. I know I need more sustenance so I wait 15 min and then eat the rest.

Elizabeth: Thanks for the daily updates. I find it very comforting to see the normalcy of it all. I hope that makes sense. It's making feel that I can do it and I appreciate that so much!

You're very welcome. I see no value for ME in not trying to get back to "normal" as soon as possible. It's important to get proper rest, follow the diet, and refrain from heavy lifting so I am definitely following post-op orders. I am sure some people recover faster than I do while others need more time. I am purposely staying off the scale until Sat AM when I move to full fluids.

I'm 6 months out and have a Protein shake every morning and Protein hot chocolate every night.

When you are on the full liquids, you can make every drink have protein of some sort in it so that can help. Then with mushies, I just considered that practice for real eating and not a big source of protein or calories.

Even now it's easy to eat lunch and realize you only got in 10 g of protein. Sometimes I eat my meals in stages so I can get more in. I know that if I ate slower I'd be able to do it in one stage, but sometimes I rush before I think about it and then I feel full on just a few bites. I know I need more sustenance so I wait 15 min and then eat the rest.

Mac,

Where are you getting the protein hot chocolate?

I get mine from my dr.'s office. The brand is Proti. It's delicious. I am not sure if you can get it online.

I asked Mac about it one time and I believe she said it is not available online. If it was, I would be all over it!!

I could buy some from my doctor's office and mail it to you!

It was $10 a box, but I think all their stuff has gone up to $12. There are 7 packages in the box. They have 15 grams of Protein.

Let me know if you would like me to do that. I would be happy to send you some.

Edited by Oregondaisy

I could buy some from my doctor's office and mail it to you!

It was $10 a box, but I think all their stuff has gone up to $12. There are 7 packages in the box. They have 15 grams of Protein.

Let me know if you would like me to do that. I would be happy to send you some.

Proti Brand Hot chocolate Drink Mix - HealthLife.com - Where Health, Life and People Meet!

Here is a link to where they can be purchased online.

That is more expensive than what my dr.'s office charges. I didn't check to see what they charge for shipping either.

They do make a Tomato Soup with 15 grams of Protein and a cream of chicken Soup with the same amount of Protein too. They are all good.

Thanks for the offer Daisy. I will just use the site Elisabeth posted, and thank you for posting it Elisabeth.

Edited by Oregondaisy

Mac,

Where are you getting the Protein hot chocolate?

I found it at Nashua Nutrition. My doctor sells it too as Healthwise (which you have to get through a doctor) but it's clearly the exact same stuff. Everything is exactly the same except the company name at the top of the box! :blink:

I tried other brands and I didn't like them as much as this brand. It's probably because it hasn't got Aspartame in it but uses Sucralose. Though this time I bought some that use Aspartame too just to try them.

It's post-op day 8 and I had no problems doing an 8 hour shift so, tonight, it's back to my regular 12.5 hour shift. I'm tired of the liquid diet but it's only prescribed for another 2 days so I'll survive. I never looked so forward to full fluids. LOL. Chewing gum helps ease the urge to chew.

Elisabeth, glad the shift worked out well for you.

I agree about the liquid diet, I am sick of it too. I was reading our paperwork last night and saw that it said if you are tolerating the full liquid diet well after seven days you can move to mushies. However, it said we are absolutely not to move to full solids until thirty days after surgery.

Elisabeth, glad the shift worked out well for you.

I agree about the liquid diet, I am sick of it too. I was reading our paperwork last night and saw that it said if you are tolerating the full liquid diet well after seven days you can move to mushies. However, it said we are absolutely not to move to full solids until thirty days after surgery.

Susan,

Reading this post from you was like getting a million dollars. LOL. I am DEFINITELY moving to full fluids for dinner and have my Tomato Soup packed for work. LOL. I think it's important to get the Protein in and for me, I've been lucky if I get 25 g /day in.

THANK YOU!!!!

Stacy

P.S. I read over the post-op diet in the hospital but must have been under the influence of drugs. LOL.