Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band Out, Sleeve In! It's done.

hi my name is violet and i have a fatass bc i am addicted to sugar

Hi, I'm WASa and I used to have a BubbleButt! HA! My thing has never really been sugar. If it's in front of me I'll eat it but I don't crave it. I just eat anything in front of me. ;o) So today I only keep good foods in front of me.

When it comes to trigger foods I learned a long time ago that if I eat it I crave it more. It's all or none for me. If I give myself an inch I take a mile. ;o) Anything with flour in it is a huge trigger food for me. bread, Pasta, anything. If I take one bite that's it, the carb craving cycle begins. :thumbup:/

Hi, I'm WASa and I used to have a BubbleButt! HA! My thing has never really been sugar. If it's in front of me I'll eat it but I don't crave it. I just eat anything in front of me. ;o) So today I only keep good foods in front of me.

When it comes to trigger foods I learned a long time ago that if I eat it I crave it more. It's all or none for me. If I give myself an inch I take a mile. ;o) Anything with flour in it is a huge trigger food for me. bread, Pasta, anything. If I take one bite that's it, the carb craving cycle begins. :thumbup:/

I am the same as you WASa ... so now there is nothing in my house that isn't healthy ... my fridge contains lots of salad and fixings, eggs, cheese, tons of Water and bottled tea ... if someone is coming over for dinner, we have to go to the store and buy whatever it is we want to fix ... freezer is full of frozen veggies, chicken and tilapia, fruits and SF popsicles ... so even if I DO have a craving for something ... if I want it, I have to get in the car and go get it...and after working all day, that's the last thing I want to do ... so I eat string cheese or drink Water until the "head" crave goes away... I am hoping that all of this helps me once I have my VSG surgery on 6/12/09.

Now that I'm getting used to solids, I've been experimenting... lol. I love the 100 calorie english muffins. For lunch one day last week, I toasted one and put a tablespoon of Peanut Butter on the surface. It's about 250 calories total and was very filling.

Today, I toasted another muffin but this time I used a teaspoon of mayo and then put 2 slices of honey turkey breast to make a sandwich. I could only eat 2/3 rds. This proves that solid Proteins are the way to go with the sleeve if you want to keep calories low and your stomach full.

No, I am not the mad scientist. LOL.

Here's a question for those already living with the VSG. Do you find it's better to eat 3 meals a day with no snacking or do you do better with smaller, more frequent meals?

Here's a question for those already living with the VSG. Do you find it's better to eat 3 meals a day with no snacking or do you do better with smaller, more frequent meals?

I am a natural born grazer so I eat all day long. ;o) If I just ate three times daily I'd keep losing.

I eat about every 3-4 hours. So that works out to about 3 "meals" and 2 Snacks. However, when I am working out, that all goes out the window.

What I've worked out for myself is to eat like an endurance athlete right before, during & after working out and like a bariatric person the rest of the time.

So I may have my afternoon snack then go to the track to run and drink a sports drink the entire time and have a Protein Bar afterwards. Then I go home and have dinner.

So is that 1 snack and 1 meal or 3 Snacks and 1 meal? I count it as 1 snack and 1 meal and the sports drink and Protein bar, I count as "fuel" for the workout. After all, one my days off, I don't consume them because I'm not working out.

Of course, this is all still in flux because I'm only now starting to go into maintenance mode. But I am working out so much now that I have to do something or I'll become skin and bones!

I workout 2x a day for 5 days a week and burn 500-1000 calories with each workout. If I counted that in my regular diet, I'd start eating all sorts of junk to get my calorie count up and I'd have to eat constantly. I like the idea of having separate workout "fuel" that is only associated with workouts. I think that will give me good habits that will work even if I go through a period where I can't work out as much.

Thanks, Ladies. Dr. Aceves said to keep to three meals a day with no snacking. I think this might apply more to the band. Unlike the band, I get the "full" feeling quickly and experienced that awful sensation that occurs when you take "one more bite" after the full feeling hits... NOT pleasant.

I couldn't eat veggies and fresh fruits with the band and all those things are in season now. I can't eat large amounts but I do crave a healthy diet and prefer to eat a few grapes rather than snack on crap when I'm working (13 hour nights). Flip-flopping from days to nights and back again and figuring out what to eat and when is challenging. LOL.

I don't know how you can do that. I have a good friend who is a nurse and works grave yard, on one week and off one week. She still sleeps all day on her week off so she stays on the same schedule. It's nice for me since I have insomnia because I can call her at midnight and know it's not too late to call and that she is always up at that time.

I am glad you're enjoying solids! You went through hell with that band.

I don't stay on a night schedule. I'm off tomorrow so I'll take a 2 hour nap in the AM and then stay up until @ 11:30 PM. Luckily, I am not a person who requires a lot of sleep... 4 hours and I'm good to go. LOL.

You asked and we listened!

We're happy to announce the launch of http://VerticalSleeveTalk.com !

VerticalSleeveTalk.com is very similar to LBT, except that it's specifically dedicated to the Sleeve Surgery. Please visit http://VerticalSleeveTalk.com and sign up for your free membership.