Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rollercoaster

Anybody remember the old disco song, Rollercoaster?

Rollercoaster, wow-owe-wow say what,

Rollercoaster, woo Hoo HooO HOOOO...

Well, that's what life's been lately so that song won't get out of my head. Instead of trying to make it go away, does anybody wanna get up and sing and dance to it with me?

I miss you gals & wish I had more time, but Rollercoaster, woo hooooooooo hooo HOOOO!

Rollercoaster of Love - Great Song - Let's Dance.banana.gif

Ohio Players! I actually saw them live at a small venue in Deep Ellum, which is in Dallas. That was probably about 15 years ago...of course, the song is a bit older than that. Thanks for the rewind! Cindy

Ohio Players! I actually saw them live at a small venue in Deep Ellum, which is in Dallas. That was probably about 15 years ago...of course, the song is a bit older than that. Thanks for the rewind! Cindy

OMgosh I forgot about Deep Ellum! Been there a time or two. Some club called the Trees? Maybe? Something like that? Or maybe that was the name of the band? Anyhow, it was fun when I went around 15 years ago. Roller Coaster was out in 1975 or so. I remember because I was in the 5th grade and there was a rumor that the screams in the song came from somebody running into the recording studio and stabbing these 2 girls that were standing there listening to the song being recorded. So they left the screams on the record since it was a song about roller coasters. ???? huh? Bad rumor but when you are 10 anything sounds possible! So that song used to scare me. I'd sit and listen for the screams and imagine these poor girls being stabbed. Yeah, thanks for the rewind!! :)

Lisa/DeLarla be sure to keep us updated on the latest sagas. We are missing you!!!

Hey, Kathy, did you live in Dallas, or just visiting? There is a club called Trees and lotf of pretty good alternative bands play there. I spent more time than I care to mention there, before I got married 9 years ago...Ohio Players performed at a club called Club Clearview.

Hey, Kathy, did you live in Dallas, or just visiting? There is a club called Trees and lotf of pretty good alternative bands play there. I spent more time than I care to mention there, before I got married 9 years ago...Ohio Players performed at a club called Club Clearview.

I lived in Dallas for about 6 years. I moved there in '85 and started my Junior year at NTSU...Oh wait, it's UNT now. In Denton. I took the long road through college and graduated with way too many credit hours in '91. Then moved back to North Carolina. I actually lived in Carrollton and commuted to Denton. I worked in Addison for a bit, too.

Trees must be the place then. I dated a sax player that went to UNT, then he transferred to UT Austin. He came back in town with a band and me and some girlfriends went there to hear them play. They were great! I did a few other trips down there but it was too wild for my tastes, even then!!! Not sure if I ever went to Club Clearview. Funny how marriage changes our priorities!!! hehe. Fun times, though!

Crazy how those rumors got around back then since the internet didn't even exist, but I heard the same rumor in Southern California. The screams were from a girl that got murdered during the recording of the song. Pretty funny since I worked in recording studios, and the whole reason they go into the studios is to block out all the sounds from outside... duh, because they are soundproof! But till this day, you can't help but listen for that scream!

Yep, it's a great ride so far... but floating on the raft sounds pretty good about now, too. I'll let you guys in pretty soon. I'll have a website up and running by October.

Say what? Roller coaster, woo hooo hooo hooooooo.

Okay, now somebody tell me who sang Blame it on the Rain... that's the only line I can remember, but we've sure had some funky weather lately. Great, now I'm gonna have Play that Funky Music Whiteboy stuck right after the Weather Girls get out of my head.

NICE TO KNOW I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS HEARD OF DISCO!

OMG you just reminded me of a story. I went to Vegas for my sister's 21st birthday with her and my mom and we went to the Piano Bar that is in Harrahs. Before the dueling pianos there was karaoke, and there was this guy there, he must have been 75 or 80, and he sang "Play that Funky Music White Boy", and a song by the Bee Gee's whos name I don't remember. It was so funny! He wasn't half bad either!

Milli Vanilli

Okay, now somebody tell me who sang Blame it on the Rain... that's the only line I can remember, but we've sure had some funky weather lately. Great, now I'm gonna have Play that Funky Music Whiteboy stuck right after the Weather Girls get out of my head.

NICE TO KNOW I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS HEARD OF DISCO!

Milli Vanilli's "ghost" singers!!!

Delarla,

You must be up to your.... in .....? Flying off the shelf? Haven't seen you around. Thought you went to the North Pole to help the other elves make toys.:laugh Boy, at first I thought you had a toy named rollercoaster...never had one of those. :)