Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My new Life Taina009

Hello everyone my name is Taina a wife and mother of three.

I have been over weight all my life yo-yoing. Three years ago I reached my big scale at 270 something. I felt so hurt that I got this big. I got on a diet, home made and worked out and some how lost 100lbs. I was so proud of myself. Now am not so proud. Half is back and I feel like I have failed. I decided enough! so I want to get lap band this year. I went to most of my pre-op follow ups and my surgery is set for April 13, 2009. I am new to all these blogs and Vblogs. So bear with me. Anyway if you would like to see some of my vblogs you may. I would love as much support as possible. I have some on Youtube wls forum under Taina009. Soon I hope to add a face to this group. I would love to support anyone who needs me also. So may we be blessed on our journeys to a new start in life.

Dear Taina, I am also soon to have lapband hopefully in April. I have been overweight my whole life. It was seeing 291 that maded me wake up. I am trying to educate myself for what comes next. There are two girls that I know that have had the lapband done. One is a good example , one is not. I am scared but determined that I will be healther and hopefully be able to stop my insulin.I want to see my grandchildern grow up. My insurance co recently approved lapbanding and has a program locally. I have met all their requirements, the support so far has been good. I am rooting for you. MiMi Teapot:smile2:

thank you so much I will also be here for you every bit of the way. I am also afraid but I am going to do girl. lol

Taina, one of the things I have been doing to prepare is thinking of what supplies I will need. Since we need to eat slowly I have a baby spoon and a small fork to take little bites. I also am making sure my blender is in good repair, and I brought a hand mixer to mix Protein Drinks, I also have a small food processer to pureed foods. A friend of my gave me a good tasting chocolate Protein Powder as a starter, I need to find either a vanilla or no favor to mix with other food. Protein is very important to get in.60 gm a day I think.I have looked up what diet I looked up what diet I will be on, so I can get my mind set. My friend said she lost 20 lbs that first week. I have already lost 15lbs with the good Lord"s help.I am trying to walk every day also. My Dr does the first adjustment after 4 wk.:mellow: Take care, Denise

Hi Taina and MiMi

Congratulations on your decision and your date Taina.

In case you're interested, you'll find a whole community of people banded / being banded in April HERE and you'll find your name has been added to the list HERE (MiMi, I've added you as an April hopeful!).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches