Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scared of getting my 4th Fill

First a little background....My last fill was a complete nightmare. I could not swallow my own spit by the time I got home and I had to turn around and get some taken out. That was last October and I have not been back since. I have been losing until February and then I plateau for a few weeks and now I am losing again.

I know I need a fill because I am snacking in between meals and I don't ever have the full feeling and I am stopping eating on pure willpower alone...which will not last.

I am scared of my fill coming up on the Thursday because I don't want to be too tight. I know I need this. I think I just need some encouragement and some reassurance that every fill does not equal in being tight.

Anybody else ever been scared of getting a fill but know they need one?

I know exactly how you feel. My fourth fill was like that, it was late afternoon and by the time I realized I was too tight, it was too late to go back. Had to go through the night and part of the next morning barely able to swallow my spit, was foaming at the mouth and very miserable. I went back the next day and in that short period had lost 4 pounds from deydration. He took a little out and I was good for about two months then I started to show signs of needing another fill and I kept putting it off afraid that it would happen again. But I finally did get a fill and had no problems, that was more than two months ago.

I, too, know exactly what you are going through. I have been too full 2x and I know there is a very fine point between being just right or overfull, at least for me.

I, too, know I need a fill because I have the same exact things going on as you, not full, snacking, etc. It has been three months since my last fill which was very slight because of fear of being too full again. I have only lost 2lbs since my last fill but I am pretty much at goal(not really sure if I should lose more). I have an appt April 1 and I am a bit worried, too. I think, like me, you need to take it really easy and get only a slight fill. Do not let Dr. put in too much and try to hang out near the office for at least an hour after your fill. That is what I have to do. I have a 10cc band and will not get more than .3 put in at once. Good Luck! Let us know how you do.

You can do it! Just stay at the doc's office a little longer...take a book to read, a bottle of Water, hang out in the waiting room and see how you feel. That way if you are too tight you'll be right where you need to be, to get it taken care of. :smile:

I had my 5th fill 11 days ago putting me at 7.8 in a 14cc band. I didnt really feel too tight the first day but boy the next day, I could hardly get a sip of Water down. I was hurting with everything I tried to eat. But I didnt want to get an unfill if I didnt have to. I had only lost 3lbs. the 6 weeks before this fill and needed some restriction. Did I ever get it. 11 days after, and I can drink a full bottle of water without hurting. I can only eat a small amount at a time and stay full for 4 hours. So far so good. Im glad I stuck it out and didnt get an unfill. But I dont know if I will get another fill for a while now....... Good luck to all with your fills......:)