Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bunny Bandsters - April '09, MASTER THREAD #1

Hey you guys!! DB here, but not for long! I went back to work this wk. and I am so tired! It has been a rough wk., but getting a little better. Someone asked about back pain, well, I had back pain about 3 days post-op and the Nurse said that was normal. Still on mushies, but Monday I will get to ear normal foods, only a lot less than I used to. Well, I'm off to bed, try to write some this wkend! Hope everyone is doing good!!

Hi everyone,

I was re-banded on 23rd April. It's now 25th. Surgery went well, but surgeon decided on the AP large size rather than AP small size due to scar tissue from the original lapband that came out. He said the surgery went very well. I have had very little pain, just once daily paracetamol. Stayed in hospital two nights, but could easily have gone home the following day - just liked being waited on in hospital! haha. My check up is on 12th May. Completely clear fluids in hospital, now I'm home I've had thin pumpkin Soup (as long as it can fit through a straw I'm ok). No back pain, it's all good so far! I'll post some pics soon.

:lol:

Hey everyone. I was banded Wednesday and I am on the road to recovery....woo hoo. I stayed overnight in the hospital and came home late Thursday night. My first night home was rough but I started feeling better yesterday afternoon. I am having trouble getting all the liquids i'm suppose to have in a days time, especially the Protein Drinks, they make me nauseated. Well talk to you all soon. Keep up the good work everyone.:lol:

I'm in Australia. While in hospital I was only given "clear" fluids, i.e. apple juice, Water, black tea and clear broth. My first "protein" drink came today three days later, which is skim milk. Maybe you should concentrate on thinner, clearer drinks for the first few days.???

Hi Everyone,

I had my surgery on April 16th and am proud to be a part of this group! I hope that everyone is doing well. I am on my second week of Clear Liquids post op and it is ok. I am so glad that I didn't have to do this pre-op! My surgeon had me on a high Protein and low carb diet before surgery to shrink my liver, so I was lucky. Good luck to you all and I hope to hear from you soon!

Hi Everyone -

So glad to hear that many of you are doing so well post-op.

I am 3 days from surgery (April 28th) - and getting anxious.

I can't wait!!!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Hi everyone! I had surgery Friday and I lived through it. They had to give me two knock out shots to get me into surgery. I have bad anxiety. Pain has been tolerable. Gas not so much. I have had gas-X every 3-4 hrs on the dot.

I have not had much sleep b/c I cannot get comfortable. I had no nausea until last night and woke up very sick. I dry heaved 4 times before my husband could get the anti nauesa pills under my tounge. I hope I did not damage anything. During that same time I got explosive diarreah sp? has anyone had this? I was SOOO sick and then as soon as it came, it passed.

I took myself off of strong meds and down graded to tylenol liquid b/c I THINK that is what caused nausea. Thanks to all for your continued encouragement.

PS: I sucked it up and went on the interview and it went very well but I was wiped out the rest of the day.

I was banded this past monday the 20th and I know what people mean now about the sholder pain. It has been hell. And I have barely been able to burp instead I get this hiccup that then causes pain to shoot to my shoulder. It has been hell. Also I only have two incisions but the one that is at my belly button is the one causing the most problems. Every once in while I get this REALLY sharp pain especially if sit or turn in certain ways. I'm being very ginger with myself. I am happy that I finally have my band but I want to get on with my diet and exercising. I am really beginning to HATE liquids...lol. Still its been and I'm sure will keep being an adventure (BTW...I'm happy to report that from pre-op diet to now I'm down 32 pounds:) Hurray!!!)

Just wanted to give everyone an update. I had surgery on the 22nd. I'm feeling great! I didn't have a lot of side effects, the gas was irritating, but I walked and walked,and it was mostly gone by the 24th. I'm so looking forward to the next "faze" of this, mushys sound soo good!

hi guys had surgery on the 22nd all is well now...the first 3 days i was not sure i did the right thing but now am happy i did it!!! I am alittle hungry at times so i do look forward to the shakes to take the growling out of my stomach...Hope all is well with everyone else and good luck to those scheduled this week!!!!

Just want to give a shout out to:

boomski, shellynnrn, Shrinkerbell, smiletracy, asaylor2009, VADarlene, mlat1822@live.com, ALuv82, tulsarealtorgb, jayne02, PUDGY, eak7615

All the best to you all tomorrow!!