Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have you motivated others?

I work in an office that has nearly 30 women. Having this surgery was like a domino effect. Since I had my surgery in May 05, two others have alreay had theirs, and two others are going through the insurance approval process. Has anyone else experience people close to wanting this surgery?

One of my dearest friends asks me for an update almost weekly. This morning he asked if I had any regrets, how hard its been, etc.

He's going to start checking with his insurance company this week to see if he can ge covered for it.

does it count if I'm HOPING to enfluence someone? In all honestly there aren't many MO people in my life but there is one in particular that I am very afraid for. She's one of my best friends (but unfortunately we don't live close anymore) and if she doesn't have any co-morbidities already, I just know she's on her way. I truly hope she is watching me to 'see what happens' and gets motivated.

:banana me and one of my co-worker has the surgery done on the same day under the same doc.had another co-worker about two month ago had it done with the same doctor that we use and another co-worker is going to have it done next month i hope i keep being enfluence on some one.

Nope, I don't know anyone close to me who would qualify. Well, I take that back. My husband's boss would qualify, but I'm sure he's not interested.

Since me and my sister have looked into this, we have had 2 other people looking into it..One has surgery 9/1/05 and the other one is just beginning her journey BUT we have also had people who say we encouraged them to go to WW again...and other diets..

Kristen

I have motivated several people at the agency I work for. One has already met with the surgeon and setting up a date. The others are waiting on the insurance.

Yes Yes Yes..I have sent 5 people I know to Dr. Ortiz for their Lap bands and a couple others to Dr's, where their insurance covered it. I have motivated several . I tell everyone and anyone who ask about the Lap Band..

I haven't motovated anyone towards surgery. However, my mom wishes she could have the surgery. She would qualify and she does have co-morbidities. She is a very high risk though and her PCP wont even entertain the idea. She has started to eat better, so I guess I have helped motovate her that way. She has lost I think like 6 pounds since I have had surgery. We are going to start walking very soon hopefully! Once fall comes. She doesn't deal well with the heat of summer~

Nope, not yet. Probably because I haven't told anyone that I got banded.

I am the only fat person in my circle of influence and I am the only fat person in my family (how does that happen?). They just think that I could lose weight if I made up my mind to do it. When the weight is all gone and I start hearing, "I told you that you just needed to DECIDE to do it" . . . then, I will tell them I got banded.

Actually, I am thinking of throwing myself a big coming out party to Celebrate x amount of time at my goal - we'll see!

Ellen

banded for a week

full liquid post-op diet - still :-P

219/209/I dunno - not 'overweight' would be good

They just think that I could lose weight if I made up my mind to do it. When the weight is all gone and I start hearing, "I told you that you just needed to DECIDE to do it" . . . then, I will tell them I got banded.

It's just sad how many people think that is true. Makes me crazy. Even more so when I say it to myself. But yet, I did "make up my mind," if you will, because I am getting banded before the years end. YEA! I am sure that is not what they had in mind, but that shows ya what they know. :)

OK, back to topic, does it count that so many people on this board have motivated me? I feel like I am winning an Oscar and just have so many people to thank! :) Anyway, this is just my quick thanks for all you supportive folks on here who share so much. I can't wait to change my life.

So Vinesqueen, you might want to rethink that statement. You are a huge inspiration. Thank you! Thank you all.

Angel

Time will tell...I have had LOTS of questions come my way....I am very open about my surgery so I guess I make it easy for people to ask me about it.

I agree with Angel, the people on this board are so supportive, motivational, inspriational, and educational...(whow that's alot).