Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I just weird.....got banded Wed, 3/4...

I didn't say he allowed it. LOL but I go to a suport group and everyone in the group had a little something to eat and they all survived. I am being real careful and blended very well

Michelle...i was banded on 3-6...feeling the same stuff, although today I don't think I can fix meals and do any errands, I'm still sore at the port site and I feel like I have an orange stuck in my easofogus:blush: i am supposed to be drinking 2 shakes a day, broth and 64oz of Water, I can't get more than 1/2 a shake down and i am really struggling with the Water.< /p>

I need to update my ticker...

seminar 231

pre-op 238

3/09/09- 225

My doc lets me count the shake as part of my 64 oz. also jell-o and Popsicles. Check and see if that's what your doc allows. I was banned yesterday.

i was banded 3-4 also day 6 feeling pretty good sore at port site and still have headache but that might be cause i am hungry.....

It's so cool that so many of us were banded on the same day. Mine was on 3/4 as well. Two days ago I had blended oatmeal and it made a huge difference with my comfort level. My stomach just needed more! I was headachy, shaky, and in discomfort from having an empty stomach. I was allowed juice, pudding, Protein Drinks, yogurt and Soups with no chunks. It just wasn't cutting it. Anything with sugar (protein drinks, pudding juice etc.) was making me feel worse. My body isn't used to that kind of food. Today I steamed brown rice and added it to mushroom Soup. I made sure that it was liquid by the time it went down, but I immediately feel 100% better.

I hope that this is okay.

Hi all, Today is day 6 after surg. and I ate some spaggetti o's. that i chewed real good. but now I am so bloated and I know I am not getting enough Water down. Any one else with this problem?

Hey all..I was banded on the 4th as well....and I have been doing ok so far. I also had the few rough days of pain and gas along with squirts..lol....but today is the first day that I felt well all day long. I am still trying to figure out the eating thing...full liquids can get boring but I plan on treating myself to some egg drop Soup this weekend if i continue to feel well. Has any tried the refried Beans at this stage? And if so did u thin them down or eat as is?

I also was banded on the 4th and down 20lbs, it has subsided since I started mushie foods. I have had this horrible pain under my left boob that just kills me. I know its gas but gasx isnt touching it, I get up and walk around and it doesnt help me at all, it seems it makes it worse. I made the mistake the other day and had a couple carrots(raw) and Im like crap why did I do that, I guess old habits are hard to break, i just picked it up like it was nothing. Hope that doesnt mess anything up? Anyways congrats to all of you and reading these posts do help answer alot of questions.

Hi, I was banded on 3/5 and my energy is okay (and has been since 2-3 days afterward), however, I continue to have severe shoulder/neck pain on a daily basis. Does anyone else have this? If so, does it ever end?? Mine comes and goes throughout the day but I can't take this much longer.....

Yes, they say it's the gas they expand your tummy with. Mine has cleared up as of today and I had surgery the day before you. Good luck!

Oh, I'm so glad to hear your shoulder pain has now cleared up! I was so afraid this was going to be long lasting.....I haven't lost hardly any weight yet but hope that picks up and the shoulder/neck pain lessens over the next few days! Thanks for your quick response.