Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else close to finding out their surgery date?

Congrats! Please keep us posted! I'm going tomorrow. I can't wait! The moment I found my date, I did the unthinkable. I went out every day pigging out on all the greasy foods and Desserts. I gained 13 of the 20 pounds I lost. Doc put me on a 5 day CLEAR liquid diet. Surprisingly I'm doing okay. So I lost 11 pounds in the past 4 days. My body is going cuckoo. Your day will come soon. Be smart! Don't do what I did, you will only regret it. I was soo stupid.

I think with Kaiser they would cancel my surgery if I came back weighing more. I want to lose 10 more lbs before I go in. I do want to eat some of my favorite meals but spread them out with healthy eating and exercise.

Congratulations on your date!! Tell us how everything went.

I'm with Kaiser too.. my surgeon told me to do the clear liquid so not too bad. He gave me the option to post pone for 1 week or do the CLEAR liquids... I chose the Clear Liquids. Oh, forgot to say, I'm still under my original weight. Yes, Kaiser requires you to be less than your original weight at weigh in. I hope all goes well. I'll try to post again when I get home tomorrow.

YAY I am scheduled! May 21st is my date. I had the option for May 11 but I am really hoping to only take the 2 days off from work. A lot of people seem able to do it. I have a sedentary job close to home. Fortunately that is memorial day weekend so I will be able to have Monday off as well.

I am so thrilled its real now!! 2 months and I'm banded. I plan on trying to balance eating my last Pre band meals with losing another 10 lbs. I would like to get down to 280 lbs.

*bouncy:lol::sneaky: bouncy*

I just finished everything last Friday and my surgeon's coordinator sent everything into my insurance for approval.. So now the wait is on! She said to wait about 2 weeks to call CIGNA to start bugging them, and I am anxiously waiting for it to have been 2 weeks. :)

I am ready to get this show on the road!!!!!!!

I just found out last Thursday my insurance approved me. Due to being out of town in April for work, I cannot schedule my date until May 6th. I'm equal parts excited and nervous. Good luck!!!

Hi Everyone,

I too am waiting (impatiently). My process has not really taken very long, but after I did all the things my insurance company asked (Dietician, psych eval, etc), the next thing is to meet with the surgeon and the first available appt for that was 4/6, so I've literally been waiting the entire month of March!

My nurse at the Weight Loss Institute and the nurse that is overseeing my case at BCBS told me that everything is in place...just need this consultation with the surgeon, where he will determine if I need any further tests, etc. Once he clears me and notifies my insurance co., I can be scheduled for a day-long orientation with the "team", and that is the day my surgery is scheduled. She told me that it is usually within a month, so I'm still holding out hope for an April banding date, but deep down, I know that it might be May.

So, in the meantime, I prepare mentally, am making my list of things I want to be sure to do before the surgery, list of things to have on hand, list of foods I want to eat before I can't ... lol... and I get on this forum a few times a day to read, read, read. I'd love to correspond with a couple of people in the same part of the process as me, if anyone is interested....would love to hear from you.

Best wishes to those going in soon, and for those still waiting!

I'm right there with you. Since I am self-pay this whole process has gone incredibly fast. I've been considering it for a long time and just started all the appointments at the beginning of the month. I will probably have surgery in April. I'm so excited and scared all at once!

I would love to keep in touch with everyone here as we go through this at the same stages.

As Sherri said, best wishes to everyone as we get closer and closer!

I'm not sure if this is the right board to ask this question but i am undecided on which surgery to have lap band or gastric. I have did research on both. Any suggestions??

I recently bought a really good book called Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies and it really explains both procedures very thoroughly. It helps you figure out which one would best be suited for you. I highly recommend it.

I'm not sure if this is the right board to ask this question but i am undecided on which surgery to have lap band or gastric. I have did research on both. Any suggestions??

When I went to attend the seminar put on by the WL Institute, I had already decided on the Lapband. Then, after listening to the surgeon talk about both, I was on the fence and was almost leaning more toward RNY. So, I made a list (I am a list-person) of pros and cons for both and really researched both, and read testimonials on both, and finally decided that the lapband, was indeed better for me. The pros and cons will be different for each person, but for me, I decided on the lapband because:

** It is reversible, if need be (the band can be unfilled or removed)

** Although the RNY has made great strides in safety, it is still a little more invasive than lapband & changes the body's "plumbing" more

** With bypass, I just didn't like the idea of how the body makes it's excretory "dump" after eating.

Seems to me there were some other reasons I made this choice, but research it and read up on both - you will make a choice that is best for you. Good Luck!

My surgery date is April 7! I'm so excited. I've been incredibly lucky and things have moved along quickly. So excited!

And and congrats to everyone else who has their dates. :frown:

CelticAngel, who is your surgeon? I ask because I am also in Dallas.

I called my insurance this morning and they received the paperwork last Friday but said that it may have gone to the wrong department because of how my surgeon's coordinator sent it to them? I don't know what that means... The coordinator says she sends it to the same place "every time" and has "never had a problem before". I posted more details in the insurance forum though, so hopefully someone sees it and has had the same issue or can advise. I am crossing my fingers that the coordinator is correct though!!!

My surgeon is Dr. Jayaseelan. A friend of mine went to him and I've heard lots of good things so I went there. I hope your insurance stuff gets worked out.

Met with the dietition again today and she said she will meet with my Surgeon this Thursday to try and forecast a date for me! Yay!