Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else close to finding out their surgery date?

The only thing I have left to do is see my dietician one last time before she gives the ok to schedule me a surgery!!! I see her on 3/23 so I am praying for an end of April Surgery! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Oh and the letter is in the mail from Aetna to see if insurance is going to cover me or not!

Anyone else near this point in the journey!??

I am close. I had my last weigh-in today. Monday info goes to ins company for approval. I should be scheduling my surgery by end of next week. I am excited! I am expecting to get banded by the end of the month.

Last visit April 1, so I'm hoping for the end of April or early May. Good luck to you!

Yeah me too. I have already had my initial consult, meeting with dietician, meeting with psychologist and my upper GI. Next week I have...Mon 3-9 appt with the cardiologist...Tues 3-10 2 hour support group meeting...Thur 3-12 appt with the pulmonologist and then Wed 3-18 the follow up with my surgeon and dietician. So I am hoping that soon I will have everything in order to get my surgery the end of April. Good Luck everyone.... :)

Jen

Yep, I'm getting there too! :)

I have a little more than a month left in my 6 month supervised diet. Last week my insurance finally gave me their specific criteria for approving surgery (in writing), so unless something goes terribly wrong, I'll have met all their requirements at that point and should get approved by the end of April, at which point I'll get a surgery date! My surgeon is very popular and it'll probably be a few months of waiting before the actual surgery, but after all the waiting I've done thus far, I think I can handle it!

OMG, I just got a call yesterday morning and it was my doctors office. They have scheduled my date for April 16th. :laugh: I have not even finished all of my pre-op appointments but the insurance already approved it. So now my pre-op appointment is tomorrow. I will find out what kind of pre-op diet I will have to follow. wish me luck :tt2:

Jen

Congrats Jen! That's great that you have a date! I hope your pre-op diet isn't for too long. Good luck! -BG

I just found out today that as of yesterday my insurance company (Aetna) Approved me for the surgery! I am so thrilled!

I have another dietician appt 3/23 and as long as I have lost the weight she wanted me to she will tell the team to schedule me a date!

I have my apt with the Surgeon March 16 I believe I will be scheduling my surgery then. I am very excited. I would love to get this done ASAP

I was scheduled for 700am this morning. I sadly had to cancel due to the whole house (me included) getting some sort of stomach flu. I waiting for an email from the nurse and hoping to reschedule on March 24.

I have my last weigh-in and consult Monday March 16 and then the insurance will be submitted. i am also hoping for a surgery date ASAP as I have a new(first) granddaughter Due May 1 and want to have surgery either a few weeks prior or will hold off til after she comes as I don't want to be sore or not be able to hold her. The waiting is the hard part. I am on a restrictive diet as of this week and doing ok on it. I just keep thinking it wont be long compared to the time that has already past. Good luck to all in their journey.

Just found out my date yesterday! I am so excited! June 2nd is the date. Kind of far out but I will deal with it.

Hi there -

ALL my pre-op stuff is DONE!!

And I got the call from the surgeon's office yesterday - meeting with the surgeon on Friday the 13th!!

Pschy eval

2 sleep studies (now have CPAP)

EKG

Chest X-ray

Mammogram

Pap

Blood draw 9 vials!!

Nurse consult

6 weeks of classes (run by surgeon's office)

dietician consult

proof of a 6 month supervised diet

Yea -- now for the actual surgery!!!

:thumbup:

I found out from my surgeon I get to be scheduled in MAY!! I don't know the date yet apparently the calendar doesn't open May until end of the week but I'm hoping it will be the beginning. SO EXCITED!!