Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 17th 1st appointment

Hello everyone,

Well my appointment is set for March 17th at the Mercy Hospital in Chicago, IL.....and I have to say that now the time is near I'm pretty darn nervous. This appointment is just the seminar letting you know about the procedure, but it's freaking me out right now, and I can't figure out what's wrong with me. I'm so ready to be smaller.

Did anyone else feel this way, maybe had second thoughts as the time got closer?

Thanks

Kiddow:confused:

Well I know my anxiety level rose as my surgery date loomed closer and closer, lol. The thing to remember at this stage is that you're still only getting information.....so no worries, mate! You can walk away at any time. Good luck!

Hey Kiddow,

I originally had my consultation appointment scheduled many months ago, Sept. 08 and I cancelled it because I let someone discourage me. I think to myself, i could have possibly already had the surgery if i didn't let that person discourage me. So I finally rescheduled and tomorrow is my appointment. I'm so excited because I feel that I have hope now to get rid of all my unwanted weight. So if anything we are doing a great thing to improve our health and have a better lifestyle. So i will let you know how it went after my appt. Good luck!!:rolleyes:

Thank you for your responses......I'm nervous, but I can't wait until it's over. I want this so bad and I don't want to be in my 40 moving slower than my mother who's in her mid 60's.

:rolleyes: Hey, I know the feeling...it's not just you. ABout one year ago I was so excited about doing this surgery, I was turned down by my insurance and did not have 17K to self pay. On top of that I had someone who kept discouraging me from continuing the process. I got a second job and paid all my bills off (new years resolution) and every penny I made with the second job I made a saving account which I named "The Lap Band Account" . One year later I have 20K ready to help invest in myself and sacve my life. This past thursday on 3/5/09 my 26th birthday I finally went to the seminar. I left there with such hope and desire to continue on in the process. Last year I met a guy in Novemer and he was schedule for surgery on 12/26/07, I am now his girlfriend & I went to his last weight in and he has lost 274 in 1 year and 2 months, mor ethan almost any lap band patient. He works out 7 days a week and said if you put your mind to it, it can happen. He was weighing 600lbs, the docs made him lose 100 lbs.... he is now at 226 !! He is my inspiration and I have been there through his whole process. He told me to forget what everyne esle thinks and says and keep in mind that they cannot save your life, only you can. Make the right choice...being nervous or scared is part of it....stay true to YOU!! :thumbup: My consulation is 3/20/09, I have my sleep study done, upper Gi done, phych eval..I am ready to go!

Thanks for that queenv1505 this is why I'm so glad I signed up for this site. My friends and family are against the whole thing. They said that you didn't have surgery to put on the weight so why do you need it to take off. It's like they don't want me to succeed in this. I'm am depressed about the way I feel and not one person is supporting my decision.

I'll be 41 in April and by the end of this year my goal is to be healthier, more fit, and a size 12 or smaller.

Keeping my eyes on the prize.....with or without their support.

THANK YOU!!!

Hey kiddow,

Don't let your friends and family discourage you. Once you lose all the weight, they're probably going to wonder what they were talking about. This is your health, your body and your life. Your the only one who knows what struggles you may go through because of the weight. Others may not understand those things because they don't experience them. Oh also, if you have any questions that you've been thinking of, write them down so you can ask at your first appointment. I had my first appointment on 03-07-09 and got nervous and didn't ask enough questions. So good luck!!

I as at the same seminar as you on the 17th, Have appt. with the Dr. on 3/30/2009 to do the first check if I can have surgery, I am so ready for this my mother had it done in November 2008. I need to do this for me and my two children. Good luck!! Hope to see you in some other classes

Got past the seminar, Doctor's appointment set for Monday the 23rd. Still nervous, but excited!!!!