Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bet you're sorry you voted for Obama now

Where`s all the Sarah Palin supporters chanting "Drill Baby Drill"? Kinda quite.....huh? Shucks.......its kinda like you can`t cook an omelet without cracking an egg....huh? Guess further drilling in the Gulf is kinda off the table for a while.......both Obama and Gov Crist have done a discrete push back from that idea. Lose of eleven lives and billions of dollars of damage to both the environment and wildlife, putting countless thousands of fisherman out of work, all in the name of a futile attempt to be (oil independent), when we don`t have the refining capacity to do so (even) if we found an ocean of raw crude under our nose! Perhaps we aught to enlist John McCain`s buddy...Joe the Plumber to help out. He should know how to fix a leak. He might be too busy trying to stop "wealth redistribution". Did Joe ever get his license or is he still an apprentice plumbers helper?

Where`s all the Sarah Palin supporters chanting "Drill Baby Drill"? Kinda quite.....huh? Shucks.......its kinda like you can`t cook an omelet without cracking an egg....huh? Guess further drilling in the Gulf is kinda off the table for a while.......both Obama and Gov Crist have done a discrete push back from that idea. Lose of eleven lives and billions of dollars of damage to both the environment and wildlife, putting countless thousands of fisherman out of work, all in the name of a futile attempt to be (oil independent), when we don`t have the refining capacity to do so (even) if we found an ocean of raw crude under our nose! Perhaps we aught to enlist John McCain`s buddy...Joe the Plumber to help out. He should know how to fix a leak. He might be too busy trying to stop "wealth redistribution". Did Joe ever get his license or is he still an apprentice plumbers helper?

Hey, Phil, welcome back. Where've ya been?

Didn't you hear Joe the not plumber say that when he was young he stole a woman's silky undergarment from a department store and put it beneath his butt because he liked the way it felt? Maybe he's in the wrong profession. :scared2:

Edited by Cleo's Mom

I think drill baby drill just went the way of the bridge to nowhere. Nobody is gonna touch that with a ten foot pole. My understanding is that even the exxon spill is still having repurcussions to this day. BP can't get the big top on the leak, a disaster of epic scope. Lets hope they can do more to stop it and come up with better ideas to contain the damage.

Funny all those warm fuzzy ads the American Petroleum Institute were running showing those Oil Platforms that can be connected to (multiple wells) on one Platform were suddenly pulled from airing....why? Maybe cause the ocean Water is a bit murky now and we can`t see the real truth! Ahhh,to be a Teabagger.....you can see the bottom of your cup no matter how strong you like your brew or how many times you dunk your teabag. Maybe Joe the Plumber was just letting his (feminine side) get comfort by feeling the silk panties around his (manhood). LMAO!

You peeps crack me up!!!

I thought it was fortuitous that this BP disaster right off our shores followed the president's announcement that he was endorsing offshore drill, baby drilling.

I don't know why they didn't call Joe. Maybe he was out of touch because he was off playing with somebody's plumbing. He was his own disaster just waiting to happen. So are the tea baggers.

Many thanks to my secret admirer PattyGreen who`s recent post on this Blog, woke me back up! Now that I`ve retired and moved to Key West, Fl here in Monroe County, the epi-center of Sodom & Gomorrah here in the USA, I`ve been kicking back a lot and chilling out. Teabagger`s would hate it here! Lots of Gay`s (who don`t bother anyone who`s not interested) including myself, but more difficult to find the other 2 G`s.......G-D and Guns! Oh well, guess that proves that no place is perfect.

Wow congratulations Phil on your retirement to the land of enchantment (so to speak.) I've always enjoyed visiting but wouldn't want to live there because of the heat and humidity. Of course I lived in Orlando which is chock full of G-d and Guns and Disney dancers and singers with the heat and humidity but absolutely no ocean breezes. So I dunno, maybe I would like living in Key West better. It is definitely a whole 'nuther very laid back lifestyle. I hope you love it and are living the good life.

Many thanks to my secret admirer PattyGreen who`s recent post on this Blog, woke me back up! Now that I`ve retired and moved to Key West, Fl here in Monroe County, the epi-center of Sodom & Gomorrah here in the USA, I`ve been kicking back a lot and chilling out. Teabagger`s would hate it here! Lots of Gay`s (who don`t bother anyone who`s not interested) including myself, but more difficult to find the other 2 G`s.......G-D and Guns! Oh well, guess that proves that no place is perfect.

Secret admirer???:biggrin: Very funny!

I will never be sorry that I voted for and supported the Obama-Biden Ticket. They have given their all to make improvements in our country. Change is a good thing !

I will never be sorry that I voted for and supported the Obama-Biden Ticket. They have given their all to make improvements in our country. Change is a good thing !

Absolutely. Pres. Obama has done an amazing job turning the disasterous economy he inherited around. We are seeing the positive results now. I even heard Mr. Coppertone (Boehner) say something positive about the economy.

Obama's Amazing Statistics

Thu May 13, 2010 at 12:44:50 PM PDT

President Obama has been in office for exactly 478 days. That puts him only 32.74% of the way through his first term. While on the campaign trail, he made a total of 504 promises that can be verified by politifact.com.

Of those 504 promises, how many of them would you guess to have had zero action taken on them? 400? 300? 250? 150?

Bzzzzt. Too high.

The answer: 3

Yes, that is correct. Of the 504 promises Obama made on the campaign trail, there are only 3 that his administration has not taken any action on.

What is even more amazing is what those three promises are.

More below...

obameter1.jpg

Here is the link.

As amazing as this is, the three promises he has yet to take some kind of action on are even more amazing. Here they are...

3promises.jpg

So what conclusions can we draw from this?

I'd say that Obama is doing the job we elected him to do. I'd also say that those last three promises may get checked off in the very near future (I hope). We shall see.

He is doing an amazing job, especially considering what a mess he inherited from the failed policies of bush. Sorry I voted for him? NEVER. I am so proud to have done so.

Edited by Cleo's Mom

Obama: Rs Drove Us Into a Ditch. "Now They Want The Keys Back." And They Can't Have Them.

Fri May 14, 2010 at 08:14:10 AM PDT

This is good. Speaking at a DCCC fundraiser last night, President Obama used a very good analogy to describe the Republicans in terms of their governance and obstruction after driving us into the Great Recession.

OBAMA:
After they drove the car into the ditch, made it as difficult as possible for us to pull it back, now they want the keys back. No! You can’t drive! We don’t want to have to go back into the ditch. We just got the car out.

"You would have thought at a time of historic crisis that Republican leaders would have been more willing to help us find a way out of this mess," Obama added. "Particularly since they created the mess."

You tell 'em, Obama. :w00t:

Obama's Broken Promises

In a Reason Magazine interview last year, Ted Balaker asked me about my hopes for the incoming Obama administration. "Maybe Obama will be financially responsible," I said.

I’m so inclined to wishful thinking.

It's now been one year since Obama took office. He promised fiscal responsibility. Then he broke lots of those promises. Here is a list of some:

Promise #6: No Tax Increase on Families Making Under 250k

“Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase - not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes,” Obama said in a September 2008 town hall meeting in Dover.

Reality: In his first year in office, he proposed Cap and Trade, which would be a fat tax on everyone. He increased the cigarette tax by 159 percent, and now we have that proposed tax on fancy health care benefits.

During the campaign, he criticized John McCain for just suggesting that.

“My opponent can't make that pledge [not to raise taxes] and here’s why: for the first time in American history, John McCain wants to tax your health care benefits," he said in the same speech.

But now it's Obama who wants to tax health plans:

“This reform will charge insurance companies a fee for their most expensive policies,” he said in his health care address to Congress.

Promise #5: Ban Earmarks

"We are going to ban all earmarks,” Obama said at a press conference on January 6, 2009.

Reality: The first spending bill he signed had over 9,000 earmarks.

Promise #4: I Won't Force Americans To Buy Insurance

During the campaign, Obama attacked Hillary Clinton:

“She believes we have to force people who don’t have insurance,” he said in a primary debate in January 2008.

In a Feb. 2008 CNN interview, he added: “If a mandate was the solution, we could try that to solve homelessness by mandating that everybody buy a house.”

Reality: This September, he told Congress: “Under my plan, individuals will be required to carry basic health insurance.”

Promise #3: Health care negotiations will be on C-SPAN

Obama promised at least eight times that "we’re going to do all the negotiations on C-SPAN, So the American people will be able to watch.”

Reality: They haven’t been there.

Well, briefly. C-SPAN CEO Brian Lamb said, “The only time we’ve been allowed to cover the White House part of it was one hour inside the East Room, which was kind of just a show horse type of thing.”

Promise #2: Putting bills online

Obama promised “When there’s a bill that ends up on my desk as President, you the public will have five days to look online, and find out what’s in it before I sign it.”

Reality: He broke that promise when he singed his first bill, the Fair Pay Act. He's broken it since, for instance on the Credit Card Bill of Rights and an expansion of the State Children's Health Insurance Program.

Promise #1: Cutting spending

On the campaign trail, Obama promised to cut spending several times. In the second presidential debate, he said that “actually, I am cutting more than I’m spending. So it will be a net spending cut.”

In the third debate, he reiterated: “what I've done throughout this campaign is to propose a net spending cut.”

Of course, Republicans made claims like that, too. Bush Sr. is famous for his “Read my lips. No new taxes” line. Bush Jr. made statements like “Prosperity requires restraining the spending appetite of the federal government.”

More Broken Promises

African activist organizations are speaking out in support of a planned protest outside President Obama’s fundraiser, 5:30pm on Thursday, May 13th at 5th Ave and 55th St outside the St. Regis Hotel. Hundreds of activists will protest outside the fundraiser because Obama committed to increase funding for global AIDS, but he has broken his promise. As a result, thousands of people each month who were promised medication are being turned away, forced onto waiting lists where they will likely grow sicker and die. rganizations from across Africa are endorsing the action. These include (list in formation): African Centre for Volunteers, AIDS and Rights Alliance for Southern Africa, AIDS Response, Community Media Trust, HIV iBase, International Community of Women Living with AIDS (ICW) East Africa, Mamelani Projects, National Association of People Living with HIV/AIDS in Nepal (NAP+N), National Empowerment Network of People Living with HIV/AIDS in Kenya (NEPHAK), Positive Action for Treatment Access

Section27, Treatment Access Movement, Treatment Action Campaign, and World AIDS Campaign

Below are statements from organizations of people living with HIV in Nigeria, Uganda and Kenya, further expressing support. Treatment Access Movement (Nigeria): “Defaulting on the promises now makes living with HIV hell. Obama came with great promises and we had great hope in him. If Bush could keep his promises and exceed expectations in fighting AIDS in Africa and Nigeria in particular, I think Obama has every reason to do more.”

International Community of Women Living with HIV (East Africa): “Mr. President Sir, you have broken your promises to the people who trusted in you. Your broken promises to Ugandans is causing 168 new infections in Ugandan women, killing seven people per hour”. Positive Action for Treatment Access (Nigeria): “It is without saying that the developing countries are at risk. We were promised drugs, which we were told, before taking that huge step, that the drugs were for life. Why would anyone want to leave us out in the cold? What do you want us to do if you refuse to increase the funds? You say you want to invest in Prevention. It cannot be separated from treatment. What happens to the infected persons? It takes us back top the fear of the unknown.”

National Empowerment Network of People Living with HIV/AIDS in Kenya (NEPHAK): “We appreciate past and current PEPFAR efforts in Kenya. We are even grateful for the just unveiled Kenya - PEPFAR Partnership Framework that is geared towards the delivery of Universal Access. Nonetheless, we are not even halfway through, especially when it comes to issues and needs of people living with HIV and communities affected by HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria. Not even half of PLHIV who are eligible for treatment are accessing the life-saving medicines. Worse, Kenyan treatment for PLHIV is still based on old WHO treatment guidelines.”

What makes Obama's broken promises different from the campaign double-talk we are used to from politicians?

DG: The actual phrase I heard from one important player in Jewish Democratic circles was, "Sociopath is too nice a word to describe Obama." That was a Kiddush [festive synagogue event] conversation, so no names, of course. The difference is the magnitude and depth of the deception. In July 2008, the press was full of reports of Obama's anti-Israel connections, including the fact that his foreign policy advisor in his Senate office was the odious Samantha Power – who proposed international military intervention to end the 'Israeli occupation' – as well as Zbigniew Brzezinski, who was an official campaign spokesman, along with many others.

Obama gave assurances to the Jewish community which were so persuasive that Martin Peretz announced in his 'Spine' blog that Obama could be trusted. Brzezinski and Power were shown the door (Power after she made inappropriate remarks about Hillary Clinton) and the Jewish community was satisfied that Obama was as reliable as, say, Bill Clinton. Obama has extraordinary gifts of persuasion, and has been profligate about employing them. He persuaded some very wealthy and sophisticated people that he was on their side, and then turned on them.

Promise #6: No Tax Increase on Families Making Under 250k

“Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase - not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes,” Obama said in a September 2008 town hall meeting in Dover.

Reality: In his first year in office, he proposed Cap and Trade, which would be a fat tax on everyone. He increased the cigarette tax by 159 percent, and now we have that proposed tax on fancy health care benefits.

So on your paycheck stub there will now be a "cap and trade" tax deduction? I guess if you make over $250,000 and smoke and the cigarette tax goes up, you will pay more. ROFLMAO.