Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Talk Movie Review

We saw Star Trek over the weekend - and I have a major celeb crush on Spock now. I know...I'm off the beaten path, I think.

I loved that movie! I will see it again in the theaters, which is something I rarely do.

re: Land of the Lost - we were flipping channels this weekend and caught the old tv show. I really hadn't remembered how cheesy it was! We could only get through about 2 minutes of it before switching it. It was so cool when I was a kid!! What happened??? :eek:

You are not the only one with a crush on Spock... in fact I've also had a crush on Leonard Nemoy since pre-teen too... LOL!

*SPOILER ALERT* It was weird the relationship in the movie, but if I were her I'd do the same thing too. :smile:

No more spoilers... for now anyway.

LOTL will be great, especially with Will Ferrell. I have disliked nothing with him in it so far.

Which reminds me, I also recently saw Step Brothers. I liked it alot! Very corny, but hey thats how I like em.

Star Trek: 3.5, solid but tried a bit hard

Night at the Museum II: I -loved- this movie! And where did Amy Adams come from? Never heard of her 3 years ago, and now she's literally everywhere. Speaking of...

Sunshine Cleaning: Decent little character flick. Didn't really -like- any of the characters, but the acting and story was well done. 3+

Terminator Salvation: 2. And I like Terminator flicks, but the CGI couldn't hid the lack of story. Since we already know the big mid-movie reveal from the previews, there's not a lot of tension.

Angels and Demons: 2.5. Frankly, watching The Castaway randomly run around Vatican City spouting ancient riddles and always getting there late gets old.

Wolverine: solid for what it was. Good work to explain how he and Cyclops met earlier without either one realizing it later. Best part was the still-frame intro through the years.

Ghosts of Girlfriends Past: Matthew M. doing what he does. I don't think he really acts, so much as wanders through being himself in most of his movies. Still, as long as he takes his shirt off and smiles, the ladies will go see it. Fools' Gold is evidence enough of that.

I can't believe I haven't seen movies lately! The last one was Star Trek...

I want to see Hangover because reviews (from folks) are good. I hear it's really funny.

Other than that...eh...What's out there?

I'm waiting for Harry Potter, but it's a slow summer so far.

I haven't seen movies in about a month - now that the nice® weather is here, I'm all about playing outside in the dirt! DH has a stack of movies put aside for me to watch whenever it is I get back to them...but other than Harry Potter, I think I can happily go through a few more months without a flick.

I cannot wait for the new HP to come out (of course, we're a family of book geeks).

I recently saw "Up" in 3D. It's a fantastic movie, but a little bittersweet. I recommend it without hesitation. 5/5

I recently rented "My Bloody Valentine" (the remake) and viewed it (I know this isn't your type of movie, tap). I did a little mini-blog on Facebook about it, but for those unfortunates who aren't my friends there, I'll say this: Excellent remake....not a shot-for-shot like the "Psycho" remake (which was a cine-turd, but I digress), but payed homage to a few iconic scenes. I didn't figure out the twist until the end. A solidly good movie for those that like slasher films (an extended full frontal nude / sex scene and lots of blood and gore, so if that's a deal-breaker for ya, give this one a pass). 4/5

Because the weather is so crappy (:thumbup::biggrin::(), in between laundry, cleaning, vacuuming, ironing, and other misc. Saturday chores, DH and I have watched: About Schmidt (4.0), and Anatomy of a murder (a B&W oldie with Jimmy Stewart) (3.5)...and the day's not over yet.........I really wish I could be outside digging holdes, planting trees, ripping out weeds, planting perennials, trimming.....

plan on seeing Transformers this weekend.

Other than that, I've been catching up on DVR from being out of town last weekend! :thumbdown:

Seeing HP this weekend! I'm excited.

I think I have celeb crushes on the weirdest folks. I like Prof Snape.

I felt sorry for him in the books and I'm an underdog kinda gal! Him and Spock (the new one) and I'm swooning at the movies.

I felt sorry for him in the books and I'm an underdog kinda gal!

I thought Snape was one of the most tragic figures in the series. Without spoiling anything for those that don't know how things end, I think Snape symbolizes the redemption theme more than any other character (even Harry).

I agree!

Saw it this past weekend. I thought this one was really slow and "artsy" in some places. I really don't think it did the books justice at all!

But, then I think the books are great. :lol:

I haven't seen HP yet. But soon. I really love the books.

My recently watched movies in the past week (stupid crappy weather continues) include:

Spellbound - 3.5

Knowing - 2

Roger Dodger - if it were possible to give a negative # I would. 1

Road to Perdition - 3.5

The Corn is Green - 3.5

The Children's Hour - 4

The Bad and the Beautiful - 3.5

In the Electric Mist - 2.5

Frantic - 2

Flash of Genius - 3

And as it is raining today, with forecast of rain for the next 3 days, i guess I will be posting more in the near future...:thumbup:

Never heard of most of those. Knowing I saw recently and loved it. It was hokey in some spots, but I really liked it.

Even the screaming mom and overacting didn't put me off because I think I'd be screaming like that, too. :thumbup:

Never heard of most of those. Knowing I saw recently and loved it. It was hokey in some spots, but I really liked it.

Even the screaming mom and overacting didn't put me off because I think I'd be screaming like that, too. :D

You LOVED knowing? Oh dear heavens! Well, it makes you unique as you are the first person I've heard of who liked it.

Tonights movies were:

I remember Mama - 4

Arabesque - 1

and just for the fun of it, I watched Life of Brian...Blessed are the cheesemakers!

Some of the movies previously referenced are OLD B&W which may explain why you don't know them. The more new ones I watch, the more I prefer the oldies...