Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Talk Movie Review

These are all movies I haven't seen before - I went years (make that decades) without a TV or an interest in movies; DH has made it his mission to correct this 'deficiency'... I need to 'catch up'! Every available 2 hour time slot is dedicated to watching movies, and good ones (4's and 5's) are kept (we are up to 500+). But there are thousands more to go...thankfully with summer coming (eventually) we will spend all this time outside playing in the dirt rather than inside watching movies (although I get a lot of knitting/sewing/ironing/needlework done while watching them).

just finished:

Splinter 1 (stupid inane ridiculous terrible horrible)

The Conversation 1.5 (oh dear heavens, why was this movie made?)

Long weekend...yay!

Saw:

Marley and Me - yeah, I cried, cried....cried.

Juno - eh...I'll never watch it again, but it wasn't as horrible as I thought.

SlumDog Millionaire - same thing. Not my type, but it was okay

Bedtime Stories - I actually really like this movie. This wasn't as corny as I thought it would be.

Deathproof - I like this kind of movie, so I enjoyed it. :cool2:

I am a huge movie buff so I thought I would chime in here with a couple of flicks.

1st, Seven pounds is an incredible movie with a very disturbing message, While I appreciate Will Smiths talents I find it hard to recommend any movie that depicts this subject. That said, I give it a easy 5

2nd, "The Reader" I saw this movie last week and loved it, It is no surprise to me that it was nominated for so many awards. Exceptional. I give it 5 as well

Edited by alabubba

alabubba------would you consider editing your post so as not to give away the 7 pounds movie basis---there are lots of people waiting to see it, and everyone is trying really hard not to give it away. I know going into the movie, if I had had any idea of what it was, it would have colored my perception of it.

PLEASE continue to leave your feedback on the movies tho!!!

alabubba------would you consider editing your post so as not to give away the 7 pounds movie basis---there are lots of people waiting to see it, and everyone is trying really hard not to give it away. I know going into the movie, if I had had any idea of what it was, it would have colored my perception of it.

PLEASE continue to leave your feedback on the movies tho!!!

OK, but let me also say that this is not a movie for everyone, and people should do a little research to see if its appropriate for them.

This IS NOT A FEEL GOOD FAMILY PICTURE!

I'm sorry, you're right, and if you feel like it needs to be said, and your position in regards to it, you are fully entitled. I meant nothing personal with it.

Please accept my apologies.

Kat

I am a huge movie buff so I thought I would chime in here with a couple of flicks.

1st, Seven pounds is an incredible movie with a very disturbing message, While I appreciate Will Smiths talents I find it hard to recommend any movie that depicts this subject. That said, I give it a easy 5

OK, but let me also say that this is not a movie for everyone, and people should do a little research to see if its appropriate for them.

This IS NOT A FEEL GOOD FAMILY PICTURE!

I agree completely! I am usually very vague however when giving movie reviews. Just saying its not a feel good family picture doesn't give anything away I don't think, besides its absolutely true. I don't usually like to read any lengthy reviews or even the backs of the DVD's before seeing something the first time either. I like to figure things out on my own. It makes the movie experience so much better.

Side note: Kat, I don't think you did anything wrong either. It's all good people! Keep the reviews coming!!

Anyway, back on subject here - I only caught one movie this weekend:

Burn After Reading: Blech... 2 stars.

had company this wkend & while movies were on-going i didn't sit down much to watch many .... did catch 2:

baby mama - 2, not sure if was really tired yesterday morning or what .... still saved on tivo & might try it again.

yes man - 3.5

* still plan on seeing seven lbs this wk - wanted to watch when i know i won't have any interruptions.*

MacBoy and I went to see I Love You, Man last night. It was pretty good, but I felt like it kind of ended soft.

Between yesterday a.m. and thus far this evening:

The 10 Commandments - 5

To Sir, with Love - 5

The Time Machine (2002) - 1

The 39 Steps (1935) - 3

Jamaica Inn (1939) - 2

The man who knew too much (1934) - 2

Between yesterday a.m. and thus far this evening:

The 10 Commandments - 5

To Sir, with Love - 5

The Time Machine (2002) - 1

The 39 Steps (1935) - 3

Jamaica Inn (1939) - 2

The man who knew too much (1934) - 2

Re: The Ten Commandments: Truly one of the best films ever created! I love that movie! In fact its that time to pull it out and watch it (again)

Re: The Time Machine - 2002: I totally agree with the 1. What a ripoff. If you've seen the original and loved it, you will be very sadly disappointed.

Sunshine Cleaning: Very well acted, interesting story, worth watching if you can find it. Adult situations, not a kid flick.

Observe and Report: I walked out in under 30 minutes. Seth Rogan plays a very unlikeable character, and the scriptwriters seem to think throwing foul words into a boring situation makes it hilarious. Perhaps it gets better further in, but I will never know.

Blindness - 1

If you are into allegory films with repetitive camera effects, unnecessary nudity (I was going to write pointless nudity, but thought better of it, Plain.:sad:), and bad acting, this is your movie! :)

Blindness - 1

If you are into allegory films with repetitive camera effects, unnecessary nudity (I was going to write pointless nudity, but thought better of it, Plain.:lol:), and bad acting, this is your movie! :)

Nudity (especially Julianne Moore - sp?) is ok. Dudity (male nudity) should be used sparingly. Forgetting Sarah Marshall is a good primer on the acceptable use of dude-ity.