Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Talk Movie Review

Plain have you seen Ju-on, that was a pretty freaky Japanese flick too?:thumbup:

No, but I caved and watched the American version (The Grudge). Eh.......

But now that I'm doing netflix, I have the ability to watch all those movies it was difficult for me to see (because I'm in the middle of rual nowhere). Yay Netflix! And thanks for reminding me of Ju-on!!

Doubt - 4

One of the rare movies that DH and I couldn't agree on the subject of the movie (we understood the issue, but were of different opinions as to what was the 'truth' in the movie).

grey gardens - 4: a little slow - tad long but amazing acting

australia - 2: maybe really a 1.5

cadillac records - 3: loved the music

I watched "Boy in the stripped pajamas" 4 and a box of tissues.

Grand Torino- 4 (lots of language) Love Clint. also a box of tissue

12_7_23.gif I had a "71 Torino 4 door limited edition. Had it for about 10 yrs. It was the old ford green and we called it "The green lima bean" I painted black racing stripes down the hood of it. I loved that car. When it finally died it had over 350,000 miles on it. It was like the energizer bunny, it kept going and going and going!

Over the weekend DH wasn't feeling well, so I let him pick.

and we ended up watching a Saw marathon. Ick. I don't mind the actual plot of the movie - it's actually well written. It's just...well...ICK, EW, GROSS with a little OMG & WTF thrown in.

LOL - I dont know why, but I'm addicted to the Saw movies. My cousin and I have gone to each one on opening night.

This past weekend went to see Ghosts of Girlfriends Past. Was actually a cute movie. I thought it would be one of those you-wont-ever-be-happy-and-youll-die-alone-if-you're-not-married movies..but it wasnt. I dont think I'd go see it again, but it does make you laugh and cry (oh yes, major chick flick).

Saw "Obsessed" with Beyonce the week before. TERRIBLE. Awful movie. Horrible "acting" and you knew exactly how it would end. Sorry, but who is "obsessed" with someone the first 3 minutes they meet him and goes berserk? Whatever. Complete waste of money. :thumbup:

This past weekend went to see Ghosts of Girlfriends Past. Was actually a cute movie. I thought it would be one of those you-wont-ever-be-happy-and-youll-die-alone-if-you're-not-married movies..but it wasnt. I dont think I'd go see it again, but it does make you laugh and cry (oh yes, major chick flick).

I saw it with my wife this weekend. It was pretty good, for a lite-romantic comedy. Lacy Chabert (sp?...the "party of 5" girl) is HOT in this movie. Poor Matthew McConn plays the same character he's played in every single movie he's made: himself. Still one of the better "chick flicks" that I've seen in awhile.

Sorry, but who is "obsessed" with someone the first 3 minutes they meet him and goes berserk? Whatever.

Every single one of my ex-girlfriends!! *zing!!*

I watched "Boy in the stripped pajamas" 4 and a box of tissues.

4?!?!? Absolutely a 5 for me, 5+ even. I loved it. No tissues though. I don't cry at movies...or at least, I haven't yet.

Star Trek - 3.5 I'm a trekkie from the days of the original show, so just for being a star trek movie it gets points! I thought the 'Bones' character did the best, believable 'Bones'...if you closed your eyes, you could hear the 'real McCoy' in cadence and tone. I missed the Romulan big shouldered 'tweed' suits, though!

P.S. I finally saw ET - and yes, I know it is an OLD movie, but I hadn't seen it before. I told you, I lived DECADES without seeing movies, so I have lots to catch up on. Anyway, i give it a 4.

Edited by tapshoes

P.S. I finally saw ET - and yes, I know it is an OLD movie, but I hadn't seen it before. I told you, I lived DECADES without seeing movies, so I have lots to catch up on. Anyway, i give it a 4.

You didn't cry during ET?? I still can't sit through that movie and not sob *LOL* I know, I'm pathetic.

Recent new movies:

Star Trek: Loved it!! 4 out of 5

Terminator: Good! 3 out of 5

Older movies:

Pinapple Express: Hilarious! 3.5 out of 5

The Wrestler: Very good! 4 out of 5

Bride Wars: Silly but entertaining. 2.5 out of 5

Going to see Land of the Lost this upcoming weekend... whoohooo cant wait! That used to be one of my favorite shows growing up. The graphics were hilarious but dangit if it didn't keep me quiet for awhile... rofl!

We saw Star Trek over the weekend - and I have a major celeb crush on Spock now. I know...I'm off the beaten path, I think.

I loved that movie! I will see it again in the theaters, which is something I rarely do.

re: Land of the Lost - we were flipping channels this weekend and caught the old tv show. I really hadn't remembered how cheesy it was! We could only get through about 2 minutes of it before switching it. It was so cool when I was a kid!! What happened??? :smile: