Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you get sick of other people.......

Yeah, I've had issues with my DH too.

The counselor during my psch eval told me that after being banded, good marriages get better and bad marriages get worse. I so believe that now. My husband gives me no support and doesn't even get excited for me that I am losing. The only small amout of support I have had (outside of here) has been surprisingly from my mother.

The counselor during my psch eval told me that after being banded, good marriages get better and bad marriages get worse. I so believe that now. My husband gives me no support and doesn't even get excited for me that I am losing. The only small amout of support I have had (outside of here) has been surprisingly from my mother.

Oh wow, Carrie, I'm sorry to hear that. Mine isn't that bad -- just loves his food and I'm sure he feels he's missing out since we have scaled back the eating out. But he does get excited for me when I tell him of a weight loss.

You know we love you. I know it's not the same, but even still... :thumbup:

If I were still working (I'm retired) I would not have told my snotty co-workers. But my family knows. To those who know about it and make comments say -" No one food is off limits and I'm still learning what I can and can't eat and how much and it's all part of the learning process. But I'm sure that with the band I will now make the right choice about both." But on another note, when I see all the comments about one's DH - it makes me sad because mine died 3 years ago but if he were still alive he would be SOOO supportive of me - he would never say anything that wasn't supportive - just like he NEVER said anything when my weight went from 122 to 240+ over 30 years. Never - even when I beat myself up over it. He loved me in spite of my weight and I miss him everyday.

Well, I think that is part of the problem with my husband. He loved me when I was bigger and he never thought I had a weight issue (love is blind I guess). So I guess that's why he's not been very supportive.

Well, I think that is part of the problem with my husband. He loved me when I was bigger and he never thought I had a weight issue (love is blind I guess). So I guess that's why he's not been very supportive.

Do you think it's that, or could it be like in another thread I'm subscribed to, it could be that he will get jealous and nervous as you lose?

No matter what, we would all hope our loved ones would want what's best for us -- and being overweight is not it.

I'n on vacation in Florida right now - we go out to eat for lunch & dinner every day. Everyone is shocked that I have been able to eat everything (I found out that I can no longer eat a sandwich wrap) but I'm never able to finish my meal like I used to. I do have to stop after a few bites just to wait a few minutes for the food to pass and people keep asking me if I'm OK. My co-workers are so used to it that they just ignore me when I stop which I like.

I did the same thing - not telling many pple to avoid all the comments and questions regarding how fast the weight would come off and what I can/cannot eat.

I knew it would be slow and bc it was surgery everyone else thinks it should be DRASTIC/FAST. I am going to a Continuing Education lecture next weekend and I just know the ladies that know I am banded will think its too slow and insignificant (Like I care) - But I am abit self conscience and hope they don't ask too many questions.

The CHERF--

the ladies: "Oh! Have you lost weight??"

you: "Yes"

:thumbup:

Do you think it's that, or could it be like in another thread I'm subscribed to, it could be that he will get jealous and nervous as you lose?

No matter what, we would all hope our loved ones would want what's best for us -- and being overweight is not it.

I don't know, I don't think it's jealously with him. He has never had a problem being overweight, in fact, he has the opposite problem, he is very small and wants to gain weight and can't. I think the main thing is he is very old fashioned. He doesn't think it is 'natural' to have something around your stomach and to have a port under your skin. He is very set in his ways. I have learned to just live with it, and hope he changes his mind when I get to goal and look really good.

I don't know, I don't think it's jealously with him. He has never had a problem being overweight, in fact, he has the opposite problem, he is very small and wants to gain weight and can't. I think the main thing is he is very old fashioned. He doesn't think it is 'natural' to have something around your stomach and to have a port under your skin. He is very set in his ways. I have learned to just live with it, and hope he changes his mind when I get to goal and look really good.

I hope that for you as well. :thumbup:

Carrie...my husband continues to buy and cook (we have a deal - whoever gets home from work first starts dinner ) foods like home fries, french fries, sweet potato fries, etc...he says "Oh yeah - you can't have this can you?" I have asked him NOT to even bring it in the house - because frankly - he could stand to lose 25 - 30 pounds himself...and we are going on a cruise in 27 days....AND his suit is tight...so this morning he got up and while I was in the shower, he walked a mile on the treadmill! But I bet he buys and cooks the same stuff he always does.....and BTW...NO - I don't eat the stuff.

I'm down 38 pounds and have less than 60 to go. It's been just over 8 weeks since I was banded.

HAPPY I DID IT - WOULD DO IT AGAIN IN A HEARTBEAT!!

My husband turned 40 in September and I was hoping he would put on a little weight, just so he would know a little of what I feel. But he is still thin as a rail!!

LOL...my husband will be 59 this year..and basically carries most of his weight in his belly. He is just under 6 feet tall and weighs just over 220.....should be between 185 - 200. He and I would be thrilled if he were down to 200. I worry about his health too...I want BOTH of us to be healthy! And he did promise to exercise with me and to eat the same foods I did - not the same quantity of course! But so far ....he's got some catching up to do. We'll see.

A lot of ppl don't know that I have a lapband, so I'm not questioned a lot from them. Some of my family members don't even know. It was enough to get questions like that when I was overweight, and I certainly don't want them now. My DM thinks that I don't know that she knows (my DS, big mouth told her) so she just make comments like, "oh, you are getting so small", yes, I freaking am and you know why I am. (I would never say that to her, but I think it).

My DH will be 58 this yr, high blood pressure, and is a diabetic. You'd think he would join me eating right and exercising. NOOOOO, he talks about me when I eat even a potato chip (mind you, he was the one that brought them home FOR ME). I secretly know that he was comfortable with me being overweight, and is so afraid that I'll leave when the weight comes off. I have reassured him that MY address WILL stay the same until he decides that we need or want another home.:rolleyes:

I try to encourage him to eat properly with me and to exercise (he is a workacholic and a very good provider) but he just won't. I continue to pray and hope for the best cause as I stated to him, I'd like to grow much older with him and enjoy life to the fullest. That's why I've decided to improve my health.

Edited by A lot less

I answer with the truth.

Yes, I can, no it probably isn't the best choice, but in the end it is really about calories in and calories out and eating enough of the right things to stay healthy.

I also tell them, this band is for life...."do you really think I won't ever eat anything just because it tastes good for the rest of my life?" I'm eating the way I will eat for the rest of my life, not just for awhile to lose weight and then gain it back.