Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Days out of Tummy Tuck!

Wow... can't believe it is all said and done!!!

It is quite a recovery...I don't know how some people do multiple areas at once. I think revovering in my tummy area alone is all I can take at one time. At first I was frustrated that my doc didn't want to do my breasts at the same time, but now I am grateful for that decision.

I am very sore, but I am sticking to my pain meds faithfully. Usually after surgery I give them up about 1-2 days after.... but this time I think it will be at least a week before I give them up!!!

I am very drowsy cuz of the meds so I have been doing lots of sleeping. Back pain and tummy muscles are much more sore than the incision itself.

Can't wait to go to my post-op next week and get this binder off. Its SOOOOOOOOOOO itchy and tight. The drains are pretty easy to work with, but I was surprised at how large they are! Good thing I saved some stretchy pants from my heavier days.:ohmy:

Aw, big hugs and continued speedy healing my dear.

Just think that with every day, you will feel better. The worst is over.

hugs

Paula

I am 18 days out from a lower body lift. I stopped taking pain meds 2 weeks out. I also had thigh Lipo which was far worse than the LBL. I havent had alot of issues with the binder I like it it feels good and holds me in. The drains are a pain but I only have 1 left. I had two things done and to be honest I could have had the boobs done and it probably wouldnt have been that bad. Its better just to get it done and over with. Good luck with your recovery.

:rolleyes: I had a Tummy Tuck and breast lift a month and a half ago and I just love it. I can't believe it. Great feeling right? No more butt in the front.

Whoop!!!! Plus, as of yesterday morning I have officially lost 100 lbs. :scared2:

good luck to you !!! Joanie :crying:)

Congratulations on yout TT!! Your going to love the new you!!!:rolleyes:

I did my breasts at the same time as TT and really had no pain with them. I think the pain from the Anchor TT kept me from feeling any other pain. I did alot of sleeping the first week also, I wish the Dr would have let me keep the catheter in so I wouldn't have had to get up so many times to pee. I had to get muscle relaxers from Dr for the back pain from being hunched over for so long.

Taske it easy and don't try and do too much to fast!!!:biggrin:

Thanks everyone!! I am feeling much better and am managing to get around quite a bit!!

Tomorrow is my follow up appointment and I can't wait for doc to tell me how things are going... and maybe, just maybe, get my drains removed!!! We'll see...

How much time do you take off from work for this procedure?:rose:

are you at your goal weight already, or still have some more to lose. How much weight did you lose all up, and would you do it again, surgery if given the chance.

I was able to tap into our "sick bank" for 4 weeks out because the procedure is considered medically necessary and not cosmetic. So I got a full month paid for recovery!!!!

are you at your goal weight already, or still have some more to lose. How much weight did you lose all up, and would you do it again, surgery if given the chance.

I have lost 60lbs and have been stuck there for quite a few months now. I would love to lose another 20-25 and am hoping that my new tummy will bring new motivation!!!!:rose:

I am so glad I did the band and know that it is responsible for my success!!! I would do it again in a heartbeat!!!!

Good luck in your journey!!!

I was able to tap into our "sick bank" for 4 weeks out because the procedure is considered medically necessary and not cosmetic. So I got a full month paid for recovery!!!!

But do you think you need the full four weeks or more. I am not at goal BMI yet, but I considering PS. Not sure about the TT, but will do breast augmentation. Just wondering how the recovery time is. TT sounds so painful.:rose:

congrats!! I have been looking at getting a lower body lift and remember just from my first c-section (daughter was 10 pounds and I was cut hip to hip to get her out) how painful that was.. I am willing to do it to have a good result! I hope you post before and afters!

But do you think you need the full four weeks or more. I am not at goal BMI yet, but I considering PS. Not sure about the TT, but will do breast augmentation. Just wondering how the recovery time is. TT sounds so painful.:tongue2:

Not sure, as I am only one week out so far. I think it would be fair to say at least 2-3 weeks because of drains. It is really hard to conceal them as they are big and bulky! I am sure it all depends on what you do for a living, etc....

Good luck!!