Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not liking foods after eating them

This question is for people who are already banded. Do you ever have a craving for something and eat it and then feel icky afterwards so you never want it again?

It's weird. It can be something healthy for me or something not quite as healthy for me, but I find I really don't like a lot of foods anymore and my list of stuff that I'll actually eat is getting smaller and smaller.

Is this normal?

It's not like I'm too tight or anything. I think I have good restriction or maybe indeed a little loose. It's just that a lot of foods are like "ewww" to me. Bizarre.

Yep,

I tell people all the time that my love affair with food is soooo over.

There are fewer and fewer things everyday that I actually really like eating anymore. And even when I crave something, when I actually eat it, it doesn't taste as good as I remember.

Like pizza. After craving it for weeks, I had a piece today and couldn't figure out what was so great about it. And I felt awful after.

For me, what kills the taste is the amount of times some things need to be chewed. When you get down to the swallow point, it doesn't taste the same anymore. It's like its butchered.

Yeah, except for ice cream, that is still good LOL. I find that after more than a year now I view food as a means to keep from passing out for the next few hours. It is not a relationship that I nurture but a means to keep going. Food is a fuel, not a friend, so I dwell less on how things taste. There are quiet a few things that I dont like the taste of anymore, soda included.

This question is for people who are already banded. Do you ever have a craving for something and eat it and then feel icky afterwards so you never want it again?

It's weird. It can be something healthy for me or something not quite as healthy for me, but I find I really don't like a lot of foods anymore and my list of stuff that I'll actually eat is getting smaller and smaller.

Is this normal?

It's not like I'm too tight or anything. I think I have good restriction or maybe indeed a little loose. It's just that a lot of foods are like "ewww" to me. Bizarre.

My answer: All the time.

Foods I use to eat, now the thought of them is disdainful. I also have odd experiences with foods I use to eat. An example: I use to love this Chinese food, ordered it often. Suddenly after one meal, I felt nauseated. I hadn't over eatten because as you know, we can't really overeated unless we want to do the PB MONGO dance all over the house. My food preferences have definately changed.

My tastes haven't changed to much. I don't crave soda any more at all. The only things that seem gross to me are foods that are dry and tough and donuts. The smell of them makes me Yak for some reason. I still miss a few things like a double cheeseburger and beer..... LOL but for the most part I'm still the same. There are several things however, I don't do well with. tuna, baked chicken, and the black seaweed stuff on sushi. PB City!!

I know EXACTLY what you mean! I used to really enjoy a wide variety of foods, and now although I don't have any problems eating them, some foods just don't have the same appeal anymore. Steak for example. Weird.

Ugh donuts!

Krispy Kreme opened here, my god the smell that place puts out across the shopping centre carpark is vile. KK is possibly the most disgusting food ever to be invented and NOBODY is buying them, they're going broke here. Same as Hershey's, lol, that failed too.

We went in when it first opened, they had to have the police out to manage the traffic, there was so much anticipation,and news helicopters etc. They have it set up so you can see the production line and man, when they slop the glaze over those donuts and it gets sucked back up the tube and slopped out again, it makes me want to chuck.

I have to admit, that I dont desire foods like that, but what disturbs me is how judgemental I have become. I watch people eating in the food court and they disgust me. Shoving their gobs full of fatty, greasy, deadly food, its not a fat discrimination thing because its fat people AND thin people. But I find myself HIGHLY judgemental of people who dont look after their bodies. Like perfectly nice middle aged ladies who have a bit of that spread going on, I think, "just get off that ass and do something about it, stop being so lazy and pathetic". Eek, I'm awful, I know.

Ugh donuts!

Krispy Kreme opened here, my god the smell that place puts out across the shopping centre carpark is vile. KK is possibly the most disgusting food ever to be invented and NOBODY is buying them, they're going broke here. Same as Hershey's, lol, that failed too.

We went in when it first opened, they had to have the police out to manage the traffic, there was so much anticipation,and news helicopters etc. They have it set up so you can see the production line and man, when they slop the glaze over those donuts and it gets sucked back up the tube and slopped out again, it makes me want to chuck.

I have to admit, that I dont desire foods like that, but what disturbs me is how judgemental I have become. I watch people eating in the food court and they disgust me. Shoving their gobs full of fatty, greasy, deadly food, its not a fat discrimination thing because its fat people AND thin people. But I find myself HIGHLY judgemental of people who dont look after their bodies. Like perfectly nice middle aged ladies who have a bit of that spread going on, I think, "just get off that ass and do something about it, stop being so lazy and pathetic". Eek, I'm awful, I know.

I totally understand what you are saying.

Most definitely!!!! I do not crave soda and when I tried one that was my all time favorite, I could barely drink it. I had a craving for a double cheesburger meal from McDonald and yuk, never again. My taste has totally changed for it...thank God. After eating, the mere smell of food makes me sick.

OMG I was going to say the same thing about being judgemental about seeing heavy people being gluttonous, but I thought I would refrain thinking that I may offend someone. I wondered if anyone else felt that way.

Ugh donuts!

I know what you mean. I have a problem thinking of something that might taste good enough just to get the Protein in. Fast food burgers are not even tempting-the meat consistency feels weird, besides tasting bad.