Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2009 National LAP-BAND Conference

The NYC 2009 National Lap-Band Conference- NYC, NY March 20-21, 2009 will focus on “Living the Lap-band Lifestyle”. This conference is designed to educate, motivate and inspire the lap-band patient to embrace every change throughout their journey.

Determination, Inspiration, Motivation, and Transformation will take center stage at the 2009 NYC National Lap-band Conference hosted by Banded Together to be held in New York City, NY March 20-21, 2009. Some 150 participants from all over the United States are expected to attend.

The NYC 2009 National Lap-band conference is expected to help both the pre-operative and post-operative patient prepare for the “Lap-band Lifestyle”The focus of this campaign is to promote a healthy lifestyle so that life can be lived to the fullest. Educating people about the health benefits of the LAP-BAND will increase awareness and therefore expand the direction of this promotional campaign.

Among other issues, the conference will address, post-op eating, post-op fitness and post-op emotional changes. The “Living the LAP-BAND Lifestyle” campaign is meant to address the whole lap-band experience. The conference is designed to educate all Lap-band patients so their transformation to better health allows them to achieve more Results, Support and Success.

Obesity is a terrible disease; as a result patients are cheated out of the greater opportunities life has to offer them. Weight Loss Surgery has given many patients the gift of taking back what obesity has robbed them of: self-esteem, self-confidence; and self-love. The NYC 2009 National Lap-band Conference will present a summary of how to embrace all the changes a person can experience and how to live their best life.

Organized and planned by Banded Together & Lap-band Talk; The NYC 2009 National Lap-band Conference, themed "Living the Lap-band Lifestyle," will present a mix of national and local speakers. Bariatric Surgeon Dr. Brian Jacob; Bariatric Surgeon Dr. Duc Vuong; Plastic Surgeon Dr. Matthew Schulman; Certified LAP-BAND Lifestyle Coach Cher Ewing; Fitness Trainer Lisa Avellino, Nutritionist Sharon Zarabi and Licensed psychologist-.Dr. Connie Stapleton. This wide-ranging group will present a combination of main talks and breakout sessions designed to inspire the Lap-band Patient.

More information about The NYC 2009 National Lap-band Conference can be found at https://www.bandedtogether.net/Events.php

**Quick Update**

The room rate has been extended until February 27, 2009

We have a block of rooms set at $139.00 per night, be sure to book by the 27th in order to receive the discount.

Looking forward to meeting you there!!

Due to the economy and its decline we have not met the expected attendance as originally planned when we first organized the 2009 NYC Gastric Band Conference. At that time we expected approximately 100-150 attendees with less than a week away we have less than 25. Unfortunately since we have such a low attendance we cannot meet the minimum financial obligation contracted with the hotel. As you might expect we have to postpone this conference to a future date, ideally between September and October 2009. We are very excited and hopeful for an economic upturn that will result in an even more spectacular conference, with more speakers, vendors and attendees.

We look forward to seeing all of you then.

Edited by CoachCher