Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you douche?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Do you douche?

• Yes
    • No
    • I used to, but don't anymore.

Years ago I had stubbon yeast infections for over a year and nothing worked. I had numerous tests, etc, and all the OTC stuff as well as prescription. Finally my gyn gave me a prescription for boric acid vaginal suppositories. The pharmacist has to make them. They worked and the infection went away very quickly.

When I was a teen my step mom really pushed douching on us. She was against us using tampons, but insisted we douche. Must just be her generation. When I turned 18 and got out on my own, no more douching and I use tampons. The horror of it all! Needless to say I'm std free and I have had less than 5 yeast infections my entire life. Only when I had to use high doses of antibiotics do I ever get one. Eat yogurt and fruit, avoid douching. Trust me.

You're going to have to read labels. Any 100% fruit juice is going to have sugar in it, b/c fruit naturally does but what you're looking for in the ingredients is no ADDED sugars.

If you look just at the NI, it's going to list say, 18 grams of sugar, but if you read the ingredients, it may just say 100% cranberry juice. That's okay.

If you look at the NI and it says 18 grams of sugar but then you look at the ingredients and it says, juice, sugar or high fructose corn Syrup, etc. then you don't want that one.

So by saying 100% UNsweetened, that just means no ADDED sugar. Anymore these days you can't read only the front label or the NI. You've got to read the ingredients listed. Takes more time but it's become important to do these days. Especially, if like me, you're trying to eat "cleaner" and cut a lot of the added garbage out. It's hard.

100% cranberry juice is also excellent for the prevention of kidney stones. If you do get small stones, the doctor will often blast them with sonically and send you home with instructions of drinking cranberry juice to get them out of the system. Be warned though.... pure cranberry juice can be mouth puckering :tt1:

I don't douche for the same reason I don't do things like "colon cleanse". Our normal healthy bacteria is there FOR A REASON! We remove it (like taking broad spectrum antibiotics) and we can be in for trouble (the subsequent yeast infections many get after the broad spectrum antibiotics)

Years ago our family doc told me "only use soap if it's dirty" and don't douche. If something's wrong, come see me. Otherwise, what germs are there are there for a reason.

When I was a teen my step mom really pushed douching on us. She was against us using tampons, but insisted we douche. Must just be her generation. When I turned 18 and got out on my own, no more douching and I use tampons. The horror of it all! Needless to say I'm std free and I have had less than 5 yeast infections my entire life. Only when I had to use high doses of antibiotics do I ever get one. Eat yogurt and fruit, avoid douching. Trust me.

As a RN nursing supervisor for the STD/HIV dept, douching is a big topic in our dept. Not only is this a horrible thing to do, it rids the vagina of beneficial bacteria and leaves it open for many other problems. It especially opens the area for Bacterial Vaginosis. This happens when all the beneficial bacteria are gone and the body tries really hard to replace it by making an over abundance of bacteria. . . too much = nasty odors that don't go away. . . hence of course you need a good 500 mg of flagyl for 7 days. . . NEVER DOUCHE. . . its not good. . . use FDS instead, just a little goes a long way!

so i'm abit confussed ,i was just reding on this site about a neti pot for post nasel drip and draining the nasel pasage as most of the dirt and bacteria we suck in is through the nose

will cleansing out the bactsria in the nose cause unballance or is it just a girl parts thing??

I use a neti pot and I love it, no more post nasal drip, less headaches and earaches too...dont know how they relate to each other tho...and I havent had a sinus infection since I started using it.

No. My body does an exquisite job of cleaning itself--I don't want to interfere with that. There are certain medical indications for douching, but unless my gyne tells me i need to do so, I stick with the self-cleaning approach!

Yea, I have been taking that AZO yeast and it doesn't seem to do anything.

I have been seeing urologists about the urinary tract infections. My urethra is too close to my vagina so I get one every time I have sex. It's a very big problem in my life. I see the dr. again this thurs. They are talking about

wanting to look inside my bladder. That is very expensive

and I have a $1,000 deductible and then my ins. will only

pay 70% after that.

iI am trying this stuff a friend uses called D Mannose, which is supposed to make your body not be able to hang onto bacteria. It's very expensive too, but if it worked I would be happy. I have tried everything everyone has suggested, like wiping both of us down with baby wipes before sex.

I use to get them all the time also.....I started using condoms and my problems went away