Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Many cc's in your band and how is

slow losing is not a bad thing. You are 30 lbs less than when you started. That is a major accomplishment. You still have quite a bit of room in your band. How much weight do you have to lose altogether?

I know I have done great with the weight loss, and all my hard work has definitely paid off. I don't mean to sound ungrateful at all, because I certainly AM NOT. This has been the best thing that I have ever done for myself. I feel a world better and am not taking ANY MORE asthma meds. It's amazing. I'm just concerned with the what's next after I'm full to capacity.

i have only had one fill in my Realize C of 3ccs. I had restriction of about a minute. lol. I really liked the restriction right after surgery. So I'm hoping I can bully my surgeon into at least 2-3 ccs in two weeks. I'm basically just back to plain ol simple dieting and trying to convince myself to get on the exercise bike. With my metabolism and my sedentary job I really have to keep calories well below a thousand. If I go above I HAVE TO get on bike. Don't mind the dieting but with even a little restriction it would make it easier to stick with it. I have days ..oh, well, we all know those days. My daughter is in a Lap-Band at 6 ccs now for the next ten pounds and then will drops to maybe five for maintenance. I have a friend/acquaintance who goes to same facility, which is ultraconservation. She goes tomorrow for a her second fill also. So I'll have an idea what to expect and how much I need to either butter up or bully my surgeon to get at last 2ccs. May have to stop at Panera and buy them lots of fattening stuff and make nice lol

Trisha

I have the realize band but not sure which one. I was implanted 4/1/09 and have 7.2 cc and go in Friday this week for my next fill. My office mate who was banded 2 weeks after me is at 8.0 cc and goes in Friday as well. Guess we will see what happens.

Ty you all for your insight. It has really helped me reading what everyone has posted. I have a standard size band 10 cc. I just now was able to get a total of 5 cc. I FINALLY feel there may be hope in my weight loss now. I'm able to eat a lot less and I feel some what restricted. I'm sure I would be able to benefit from another fill at some point. I'm not totally where I need to be but THANK GOD I have become tighter! My first doc was practically against fills. He said the MOST I should need is a total of 3 fills. (After I EARNED it by loosing weight) Then I switched docs, due to his location and the long drive. My new doc is the total opposite! He is fill crazy! lol He wants to do fills once a week. Of course that scared me at first and I was at that point a little confused. I have decided to listen to my own body and tell the doc when I feel I'm ready! The doc is working for me and yes I agree he knows more, but when you have sooooo many ppl saying different things....well I guess that's when it's time for what you feel is your own common sense to step up to the plate! I know how my body feels more then anyone else. I DO NOT want to risk my health during my journey of weight loss….but I also want to loose weight! So sad to say but true…I’m depending on what I FEEL is the right amount and time to be filled :crying:

Edited by PGIRL

I have the Realize Band and am 4 months out. I currently have 7.5 cc's in my band and am going for my 6th fill tomorrow. If I were losing 1 to 2 lbs. a week I'd be satisfied but I'm not. I have some restriction but not nearly what I'd expect. Eating 4 oz. per meal three times a day and no Snacks is difficult when it's not satisfying. I don't seem to have a problem with Breakfast and lunch but by the time I get home and exercise, when dinner comes I'm starved. I'm eating about a cup, sometimes more but not on a regular basis. I know the band is a "tool" but I had higher expectations. Maybe tomorrows fill will get me closer to the sweet spot!

I have the Realize Band and am 4 months out. I currently have 7.5 cc's in my band and am going for my 6th fill tomorrow. If I were losing 1 to 2 lbs. a week I'd be satisfied but I'm not. I have some restriction but not nearly what I'd expect. Eating 4 oz. per meal three times a day and no Snacks is difficult when it's not satisfying. I don't seem to have a problem with Breakfast and lunch but by the time I get home and exercise, when dinner comes I'm starved. I'm eating about a cup, sometimes more but not on a regular basis. I know the band is a "tool" but I had higher expectations. Maybe tomorrows fill will get me closer to the sweet spot!

Now I have 8 cc's in my band after my 2nd fill in a week (yesterday). I don't really know that I feel much more restriction than I did before. Hopefully, I will.

6 fills in 4 months?

2 in one week?

Sorry to be a doubter but I find that very hard to believe.

Sounds like someone is expecting over night miracles and is not giving things time to work or a doctor that makes a lot of money doing under fills.

Something just does not sound right.

6 fills in 4 months?

2 in one week?

Sorry to be a doubter but I find that very hard to believe.

Sounds like someone is expecting over night miracles and is not giving things time to work or a doctor that makes a lot of money doing under fills.

Something just does not sound right.

StartingOverNJ,

My doctor will do a fill every 2 weeks if there is no restriction. I have little to none. When I called to schedule another fill after 5 days I was told I could come in the next day after they checked with the DR.

I'd like to be averaging at least a one lb. a week weight loss but I am not even doing that. I am following orders and exercising. In 4 months I've lost 17.8 lbs. That's pretty much on own since the restriction is not really there. I have mobiltiy issues with my knee and need to get this weight off in at least the 1-2 lbs a week.

It may sound like like I am expecting over night miracles and am not giving things time to work but I assure you that I am not. As much as I have gone through with this new "tool" I am not satsified with no restriction.

Edited by Moondust
....should have used spell checker!

If your doctor is doing it in the office can I assume he is not using a fluoroscope machine?

If he does "a fill every 2 weeks" then why 2 in ONE week?

I know every doctor is different but your fill schedule seems way above norm. A proper fill should last more than 2 weeks IMO.

If your doctor is doing it in the office can I assume he is not using a fluoroscope machine?

If he does "a fill every 2 weeks" then why 2 in ONE week?

I know every doctor is different but your fill schedule seems way above norm. A proper fill should last more than 2 weeks IMO.

StartingOverNJ,

The PA's actually do my fills. No fluoroscope. The past two times they have withdrawn all Fluid to make sure that the Fluid was in the band since it is rare that someone would have little to no restriction with the amount of fluid I have.

The "every 2 week" fill is if a patient has no restriction, not a normal schedule. Apparently the exception was made because I feel no change at all with the 7.5cc. Personally, I am glad they made the exception to the rule.

From what I have read a proper fill should last more than 2 weeks if it were enough. Since it is not, my case is not the norm.

StartingOverNJ,

The PA's actually do my fills. No fluoroscope.

Enough said right there.

I suggest you discuss with your Doctor the issues you have been having and perhaps schedule a fill that does not rely on what I like to call the "poke and hope" method.

Just my 2 cents so please don't take my comments as a personal attack. They sure aren't meant to be. All but one of my fills have been using the fluoroscope method and I've been having very consistent and satisfactory results.

Enough said right there.

I suggest you discuss with your Doctor the issues you have been having and perhaps schedule a fill that does not rely on what I like to call the "poke and hope" method.

Just my 2 cents so please don't take my comments as a personal attack. They sure aren't meant to be. All but one of my fills have been using the fluoroscope method and I've been having very consistent and satisfactory results.

We'll see how I do with 8cc's in the band now.

That just might be my next step if there is little restriction after this.

Enough said right there.

I agree that the fluoroscope seems to really help and make the process a loooot easier. Luckily my doctor invested in a machine to have in his office. I will say though, that having someone OTHER than the doctor doing the fills is not necessarily the problem. Both the MD and the NPs at my office do the fills, and my doc will tell you that the NPs are amazing at getting the port on the first try, to the point where a lot of people request them rather than the doc. Thankfully he has a sense of humor about this lol So it's not necessarily about the title of the person doing the fills, but rather the experience.

Hey Moondust.......you have been very strong and committed to eat like a bird with hardly any restriction. That shows the determination you have...I really hope that this last fill will be just what you need. If not, I know you will be able to talk with your doctor to see exactly what is going on. KEEP THE FAITH>>>>>

Hey Moondust.......you have been very strong and committed to eat like a bird with hardly any restriction. That shows the determination you have...I really hope that this last fill will be just what you need. If not, I know you will be able to talk with your doctor to see exactly what is going on. KEEP THE FAITH>>>>>

09Freedom, thank you for the encouraging words. I truly appreciate them. It's been a struggle to have gone through this not achieving at least average weight loss. I WILL keep the faith. :)