Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Many cc's in your band and how is

I'm crying uncle! Finally decided to make appointment and have some fill taken out but only if the surgeon will promise to only take out .5 cc. I'm at 7cc and just too erratic on food...what I can eat one day gets stuck the next day and too many "stuck" issues. But I'm within 25 lbs of goal and feel like I could eat a little healthier with less fill. right now, can't eat chicken in any form. Can eat beef if it's ground in chili, no Pasta, which I don't have a huge problem even with that, but it would be nice to be able to eat some veggies. Right now I drink V-8 juice to get at least some veggies in. I've made several appointments, but then I'd have 4-7 good days and would cancel appointment or it would take 3-4 weeks to get an appointment so I'd think well, if I can hang in that long, then maybe I can "manage" it and wouldn't make the appointment. So my last fill was in September and i've struggled with way too much throwing up. Weight loss has been okay but because I have so many stuck issues I eat stuff I shouldn't , like ice cream. I at least buy the ice cream cups to manage my portions. Wendy's chili or home-made chili always go down, so I eat quite a bit of that...figure I'm at least getting quite a bit of Protein in.

Trisha

Patterba, Did you get your fill in January Yet?

hi red,

i hope you begin to feel comfortable consistant restriction soon.

i don't know about you, but i don't remember my surgeon and his staff ever mentioning something like, "you know that with this Realize Band, many patients may not lose any weight for up to several months, if they do not have upwards of 7+ cc's in their bands to promote restriction, yada, yada, yada." if i heard that before surgery, i may had looked into getting the Lap band or bypass...if anything else, i would have at least been better prepared and not have felt like such a failure over a course of 3+ months!

anyway, from being on this site & reading a gazillion posts, i see that it is super common not to always feel restriction in the beginning months...that hopefully eases the minds of those who have not yet found restriction.

good luck to you and keep reading and posting...let me know when your "true" restriction sets in, k?

:thumbup:

i'm @ 7ccs.i had 7.2ccs 12/15 and had 2 have .2ccs removed,i am trying to go until the end of march before i go get another fill.hopefully by than i wil be able to tolerate .5cc fill since i will than have to pay out of pocket again.i am also trying to train my body to last longer with fills.today i tried an unflavored power Protein in 8oz of v8splash.it was ok.so now i am going to try this when i wake up in the mornings when i take my medicatiions.if i do the 1/3rd cup protein in juice thats 25gms of protein.

I'm at 8.5 cc feeling the most restriction I've felt hope this will last a while and give me a good kick after 4 weeks of no loss..

Good luck jay Tee, but boy have you lost a lot since your surgery...so I wouldn't worry.

Trisha

Good luck jay Tee, but boy have you lost a lot since your surgery...so I wouldn't worry.

Trisha

Thanks Trisha

I'm hoping that I don't have to have an unfill I seem very tight maybe it's just that I finally have that restriction we all want and don't know how to handle it. I'll keep you all posted.

Edited by JayTee562

Jay Tee, I'm at 7ccs, and I won't lie. I struggled horribly with it the first three months. This past month it finally seems to have come together...My bad days are few and far between. But it's been a learning process. Before this I had 5cc and I could eat anything and almost any amount and almost any speed. My biggest battle was giving up having fluids with my meals. Once I got over that hurdle, it was finally accepted that it had to be smaller portions. I still don't do well with chicken and obsolutely no steak. But I did have lilke a 3x3 piece of pizza a few days ago and that was a first. But that's not one of my favorite foods. I can eat 99 percent no bread, which is good because hotdogs are my favorite. So it saves me from that. Good luck. For the first 3 months I threw up a lot and I know I should have removed some but I liked having the reminder that, okay, you're done, stop eating...and now it's just fine.

Trisha

Hi, I have 9.2 cc in my 9cc realize band. I had surgery a day after you. I currently have NO restriction, but I'm kind of struggling through it, as I'm at my max for my band. My surgeon said he can go a little over. I'm struggling keeping the same 2 lbs off now. I have done great with my weight loss with a loss of 92 lbs, but I've struggled every step of the way. I've never had complete restriction that lasted. I can eat anything now, and pretty much a normal size meal. I may go in for a little fill and see how it does.

Thanks Trisha that sounds a lot like what I'm going through I'm realy trying to cut back my protions even more than before and chew chew....

I had another fill of .25 cc. I'm now at almost 9 1/2 in my band that holds 9cc. I don't really see much of a difference. Has anyone else had this problem. It's a little frustrating.

I currently have 7 and Im still able to eat what ever. I dont eat sweets. so thats a plus. but im going on thurs for another fill so i hope this works for me..

hope it works too. I'm feeling really discouraged.

I have a 14cc band and doc now says I have 13cc's in there. I can pretty much eat as much as I want and still don't feel very full. I was refused a fill last week, so is this it? Is there anyone that has more than 13cc's in their 14cc. band? I know the tubing takes up several cc's too doesn't it?