Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Many cc's in your band and how is

I was "realized' on 6/1/09. Had my third fill two weeks ago and this one is happily kicking mah butt...:( I hadn't had any restriction at all since surgery. I'm at 7ccs. And I really am at the 3/4 to a cup of food, at least a half hour to eat and just a lot of foods that I can't eat at all right now. Calorie count has been down very low, which you would think the pounds would be flying off...but I wasn't getting near the Protein I needed. So went back to my Isopure Protein Drinks and have dropped three lbs in the last two days. But the "stuck" feeling is not a walk in the park. But now that I have restriction, almost no snacking between meals, have a SF pop at bedtime. But before I added the Protein Drink back in, because calorie count was so slow, I was also feeling extremely sluggish. Feeling much better. So all is good and don't think I'll be needing any more fills anytime soon..:tongue2::

Trisha

Hey, Poconomom, we are almost neighbors. I'm in tobyhanna, just up the highway from you. I was banded June 1 at Geisinger Danville and after 3 fills I'm at 7ccs, which for me will do it for a while. At 5ccs had almost no restriction and could eat at any pace and any amount. The 7ccs has finally slowed my roll down. So think positive and the next fill may do the job for you.

Trisha

Hi, Had a second fill on 9/16 to total 10.2cc in an 11cc realize C band. Boy am I tight now! I am in the same situation as you. I need to get more Protein because even the low calorie intake and exercise is not moving the scale down. I really hate the protein stuff but I found a unflavored liquid that I can add to drinks. Will see if it works.

Hi, Had a second fill on 9/16 to total 10.2cc in an 11cc realize C band. Boy am I tight now! I am in the same situation as you. I need to get more Protein because even the low calorie intake and exercise is not moving the scale down. I really hate the protein stuff but I found a unflavored liquid that I can add to drinks. Will see if it works.

Hey Peachwood, if you don't mind sharing what brand is the unflavored liquid you can add to drinks to get in your protein? Thanks bunches!!

I ordered the liquids and have not receive them yet. They are Proteinex and Pro-Stat 64. I heard they are really nasty but there is 15 grams in 2 TBSP. I figure if it is unflavored I can put it in a large amt. of liquid(Crystal Light) to sip on during the day. I just need an extra 15 - 20 grams right now because I am so tight. I am using the Protein bullets right now and they are fine as well. Even though they are incomplete protein with what I am eating they are fine as well. I will check if they are unflavored as well. The flavors are intense but work when diluted in at least 24 oz. for me. I let you know what I think when I get them.

I have been working with the Proteinex. What I have found to be acceptable is using 1 Tbsp in 24 oz of Lemonade Crystal Light. That gives me 7 grams in 24 oz. I try to have 3 of them a day, giving me 21 grams of Protein. It gets me closer to what I need. My restriction is still fairly tight but I feel a little looser at night. But the weight is coming off.

How many cc's are in the realize c band? I have a realize band and my fill nurse told me i had a 9cc band. Right now have in 6.75 cc's and i'm a little worried about getting the restriction before it's filled up. I go for another fill in 2 days. I have restriction but i am able to eat more than a cup of food, I could probably eat about 1.5 to 2 cups of food. I rrreeeaaalllyyyy do not want to fail at this. I've been able to lose before, but keeping it off has long been the problem. Good Luck to everyone.

How many cc's are in the realize c band? I have a realize band and my fill nurse told me i had a 9cc band. Right now have in 6.75 cc's and i'm a little worried about getting the restriction before it's filled up. I go for another fill in 2 days. I have restriction but i am able to eat more than a cup of food, I could probably eat about 1.5 to 2 cups of food. I rrreeeaaalllyyyy do not want to fail at this. I've been able to lose before, but keeping it off has long been the problem. Good Luck to everyone.

There's a new Realize Band that is an 11 cc band, I believe. I have the 9 cc band too. I had to get an overfill to get good restriction. I have 11 cc in my band that was put in under fluoro while the doctor was measuring my pressure. From what I've been told, my Realize Band patients get good results at 7 to 7.5 cc, but we're all different. So, when there's some that find good restriction with little or no saline, there's others, that have to have extra. I'm doing absolutely great now. No pb's, reflux, etc.

Just be careful about eating too big of meals just because you can. You don't want to overfill your 4 oz pouch. Once you get close to good restriction, just a small fill (my last was .5 cc) can get you there.

I'm at 7ccs in what I thought was an 11 cc, but now I'm not so sure.

But I have to say, since this fill, I've been pretty tight. I went for about 3 days, no problem eating, everything is going hunky dory and my first thought is oh, my gawd, I've sprung a leak, I've slipped ...surely something is wrong..never did it cross my mind that I'm eating foods that I know are "safe," eating slow, not drinking with my food...nooo that never entered my mind. I was really kind of freaking out, that is until I got up yesterday and tried eating scrambled eggs...well, all is good in my band world. They promptly came back up. So I can breathe a sigh of relief.

Trisha

:unsure::)

Very interesting and insightful posts on this thread.

I had my first fill. I have the Realize-c 11cc band. My doc gave me 6cc's at the first fill. I had some restriction the first few days, but now not so much. I am being conscientious not to overeat, but I guess I could. I use my burps as my clue to slow down or stop. I don't have hunger between meals but I certainly need to read that I am satisfied vs. full signals my stomach is giving me.. weightloss has been OK..

Hi Patterba, My first fill was 8cc and the restriction lasted about 8 weeks and then I could eat most anything and the quantity increased as well. I gained about 10 lbs!!! Then I got the second fill of 2.4 cc. It has been 3 months and i have lost 25# and the restriction is still very good. It took me some time to get going but all is well now.

Thanks Peachwood.. I was hoping someone else would have a similar experience.. When the restriction went away I thought maybe I had a leak.. you know how all kinds of thoughts go through our heads when something is different than expected...

But I was happy to see your post.

Sounds like you are doing VERY well now.. I look forward to my next fill in January.. I will let you know how it goes..

Your experience sounds similar to mine. Just be patience. When I lost the restriction after such an aggressive fill of 8cc. I was worried. Then I got the second fill. Getting fills under flouro is most reassuring. I am pleasantly surprised that this fill has lasted so long and I think it will last for awhile. I only have .8cc left to fill! I seem to lose about 5 to 7# a month over the past 4 months. The longer I have the band the better it is going. So good luck and let me know how you are progressing.

Hi...

I needed to reach 9cc's in my Realize-11cc band before I started feeling restriction...I have had a total of 6 fills since six weeks post surgery, which was in September. I asked the PA to withdraw/reinject all of the saline this last time, just to make sure it was truly 9cc's.

Before this last fill, I felt "UnRealized"...now, though it's only been over a week, what a difference it is, how good I feel and how little it takes to make me feel comfortably "full".

Hope this feeling lasts, Take care :thumbup:

I was banded with Realize - C/11cc capacity on 10-15-09 and have so far been discouraged at the fact I've only lost 4 lbs! I was filled with 6cc on first fill then 3.2cc then on December 30 I got 0.7cc bringing me to 9.9cc's. I'm scared because I only have an 11cc band. I've gone 88 days since surgery and haven't really lost anything. I do feel some restriction now but only when I eat "real" meals. I seem to be able to snack all day. Any advise or comments are greatly appreciated as I feel "un" Realized.