Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Many cc's in your band and how is

4/29/2009 surgey date 3.2 added, 1st fill 5/29 2.2 cc added, 7/10 1.00 cc added total 6.4 cc. Mt doctor try to add anith 1cc but i could not swallow since my last fill 5/29 lost 14 lbs

I was banded May 4th and have had only 1 fill but it was 6cc and doc said still wasn't tight but didn't want to add anymore. I have pretty good restriction I guess or I've just learned to eat less. I sure hope I don't need much next time or I'll be at 9cc before I know it. I'm wondering if I didn't need a different band. I losing so thats all that matters right now:)

I was banded on 4/10 and I've had 2 fills for a total of 5cc's.

Fills: 1st - 5/19/09 3cc's 267, 2nd 7/14/09 2cc's 258

My last fill was June 4th for a total of .2. This did absolutely nothing for me, and I feel like I have very little restriction. I had some after my fill before that. It took me to 8.4 cc. That was ok for a few weeks, but then I lost restriciton. I'm at a total of 8.6 in my 9cc realize band. I really don't have much more room in it to fill. I'm very concerned. I am down almost 80 lbs, but how will I keep it off, and continue to lose if I'm at the max fill mark? Is anyone at the max fill? Also, I feel like I filled quick. I'm 10 months out from surgery. I hear of others that still have several cc's in their band and are out 3 years. YIKES! What's wrong with me?

Luvmydogs, are you banded with Realize or Realize-C. The Realize C holds 12 ccs. I've only had my first fill, which of course has done absolutely nothing after the first few days. So I go again in two weeks for another fill and I'm gonna try to bully my doctor into doing at least another 2. My facility is ultra conservative since they don't do a lot of bands and would rather err on the side of caution. But I play the "I live 100 miles away, can't we just do more so I don't have to come back again" card. We'll see if it works. Still happy with decision but happier when there's restriction.

My daughter was banded last year, Feb, had plastic surgery last month, but is still keeping her fill at 6cc (out of a 10 cc band) because she still has about ten lbs to go but she will always keep a fill in, likes have the reminder to slow the roll down a little on eating.

Good luck

Trisha

The Realize-C can hold 11cc. 4cc in the Realize-C is the equivalent of 0cc in the original Realize, which I find interesting.

Trisha, I have the Realize, not the realize c. My band holds 9cc. I have 8.4 or 8.6 in it right now, and need a fill. I'm getting another fill on Aug 6th. I'll probably be at the max level by then, then what... that is my concern. Is anyone to the max on it yet? I guess I'll be the first to be maxed out on the realize band. After that, what do I do to keep the weight off if I have no room left for a fill.

Trisha, I have the Realize, not the realize c. My band holds 9cc. I have 8.4 or 8.6 in it right now, and need a fill. I'm getting another fill on Aug 6th. I'll probably be at the max level by then, then what... that is my concern. Is anyone to the max on it yet? I guess I'll be the first to be maxed out on the realize band. After that, what do I do to keep the weight off if I have no room left for a fill.

This is my concern too I am filled at 8.7cc right now and I have gained like 6lbs back already although I am not eating right which I am sure will get alot of frowny faces, I feel hungry all the time, this fill lasted 7 months my last one was in December and that is when I felt "restriction" for some reason I have lost it. And then mentally I think when my appointments every month were over it went down hill like no accountability at all on my part if that makes sense. I am not sure I even want to go in and pay the $250 for the fill because we are going through fertility treatments right now and would hate to pay all that money and then get pregnant and have to pay again to have an unfill if that makes sense.

It makes perfect sense. What does your surgeon say about you being at 8.7 and not having restriction. Mine says he doesn't have anyone to the max at one visit and the next he says he has some teetering around the max. ??? Is anyone to the max and not have room for anymore? I would love to hear from some like that. I have never held restriction for 7 months. Mine usually lasts about as long as it takes to get to my next appt. which is about 8 weeks. It's very discouraging. I feel like a dud sometimes. I know I have done well. I've lost almost 80 lbs. But... what next when it's full?

Good luck with your fertility treatments. I went through all that as well, years ago. 7 IVF cycles. YIKES! The ended up with an ovarian tumor and had to have a complete hyster. this past Oct. A month after my band surgery. But... I'm old! LOL!

NayNay, I too sometimes feel like maybe I needed a different band, or placed differently, etc.. I just don't know. I was filled very fast as well. I'll be at max capacity before my year bandiversary. I guess I was hoping I still kept some room for the coming years to help maintain. I know some that aren't full after 3 years. What the heck is wrong with me?

Ihave not been back since June 14th where it was nto for a fill but just a check up things were fine and then after that I lost the restriction. I was going to call but I think I will wait till after this HSG test, and see where I am at in this process..first month of clomid..blah blah you know waht I am talking about. After a couple of months and nothing I will prolly go in for a tiny fill .1 or.2 maybe that will jump start the weightloss again OR STOP the eating the wrong foods!

I had pretty good restriction, and then lost it after a couple months. I may have been a little too tight, as I had a pretty major sticking episode on some pills I took at night. Then.. after that, not much restriciton. I went in for a .2 fill, and I noticed no difference at all. I guess we'll see how it goes after this next one on the 6th. I'm just really concerned that my band filled up so fast. I do well with my eating, and I exercise EVERY DAY. But.. I have to say, I'm scared to death of gaining this weight back. I worked so hard to get it off. I feel like this whole thing was really a lot of work. SO many say it was so easy for them, but for me it has been a constant battle. If I don't exercise every single day, that scale does not budge. It's not budging now, and now I'm eating the same, and exercising every day just to maintain what I have lost. I've barely moved a few lbs in the last few months.

HELP ANYONE! What are your thoughts on this? Am I going to have to kill myself like this the rest of my life to keep it off? I don't know if I can keep this pace up forever. I am literally an obsessive exerciser, because I'm afraid if I don't that is 500-600 calories that is left in me every day. I know I will have to maintain the better eating lifestyle and continue to exercise, but will I have to starve every day and exercise like this every day just to maintain? I thought I would have a little room to relax and just maintain good eating habits etc.. to maintain. Not diet my butt off to maintain like when I was losing. UGH!

rcruz: you seem like you're in about the same spot as me, with 8.7 cc and a year out. I'll be a year out in Sept. and we've lost the same amount of weight and at the same cc fill. Has this journey been just as hard for you? It has been an every day counting calorie exercising frenzy journey for me. Almost like before I had the band, but the band definitely does help with the hunger. I'm sure I couldn't have done this without it. I know I couldn't. My surgeon said I have had bypass results because of how hard I worked. He said 80 lbs in less than a year is fabulous. But... man did I work my butt off for this. I guess that is why I am so petrafied to gain it back. What if I get back to feeling hungry like before the band. Eventually I wont have any restriction again, right?

I have 6.5cc's in a 10 cc band. My last fill my DR filled me to 7cc OMG I had to much restriction went back and he cut me back to 6.5. I have restriction but I do not stay full for more than 1-2 hours. I have an appt. on Wednesday I think I will have 1/2 cc put in. I am hoping a small amount will put me at my sweet spot. I am a slow loser and this is very fustrating. I have lost around 30 lbs since Sept 08. I know it is better than gaining 30lbs, so I am trying to stay positive. :crying: