Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Some days i'm so hungry - are you????

I'm just curious if any one else experiences a day where they are hungry on a regular basis. It seems that about every 3 or 4 days I can't get enough to eat, even if I eat the same foods/amounts that usually fill me up. I just had another fill yesterday and I still was so hungry today. It takes a lot of will power to not eat every thing in sight on those days. I can understand an occasional day but I can almost track those times.:Yawn:

What are you eating? Eating a lot of carbs causes hunger. Are you eating hard Protein like chicken?

Also foods that slide right through the band will not keep you full for very long.

It happens to me to and it seems to be related to hormones. About 4-5 days before my period is due, I can eat anything and am extremely hungry. As soon as the period starts, my band feels tighter and I'm not hungry anymore. I have no idea why this occurs, but it happens every month and I'm learning to deal with it. I told one of my non-banded, naturally thin friends about this, and she told me, "that's how it's always been for me" I'm thinking this is just normal, but I never noticed it without the band because I was starving everyday!

I have the same happen to me, I am hungry after I eat a meal that should fill me. I add Protein powder to everything I eat and that does not seem to help much. I am trying to keep on track from now on, I have an appointment wih my Dr. on 1/7 for fill # 2, I hope this helps. I did not notice any difference with my 1st fill.

Good luck to everyone.

I am only 5 weeks out and yes I have days where I am very hunger and some I am not. It looks like you have lost a lot of weight you must be very happy with yourself. I was told as I went into the program that it was not going to be easy. I am already surprized at how hard it is going to be. Tell me a little about how you have been sucessful. I think we need to help each other stay positive. What do you think?

Thanks for all the suggestions. I already concentrate on eating Protein. I'm really suprised that I don't miss the carbs. Before surgery I was a real carbaholic. Could not do a low carb diet for any time. Now I hardly eat any. I also do not think it is hormonal. I'm almost 60 and don't have too many hormone fluctuations any more. Also it is every couple of days that I'm sooo hungry. I try to fight my way through it but it's not easy. Simone

Could you tell me where to find the place to put a signature on my personal information so my ticker will be displaced when I post. Thanks

Thanks for all the suggestions. I already concentrate on eating Protein. I'm really suprised that I don't miss the carbs. Before surgery I was a real carbaholic. Could not do a low carb diet for any time. Now I hardly eat any. I also do not think it is hormonal. I'm almost 60 and don't have too many hormone fluctuations any more. Also it is every couple of days that I'm sooo hungry. I try to fight my way through it but it's not easy. Simone
You can also try increasing your Fiber intake with lentils, legumes, and fresh veggies. That really seems to help me with hunger....as long as they're accompanied by good amounts of protein.

Was your second operation a lab ban also. I am going for my 6 wk check up Tuesday do you think they will give me a fill. I have not felt full since my 4 week date and now I am eating more. Also do you count calories or measure food amounts instead? Looking forward to you advise.

Was your second operation a lab ban also. I am going for my 6 wk check up Tuesday do you think they will give me a fill. I have not felt full since my 4 week date and now I am eating more. Also do you count calories or measure food amounts instead? Looking forward to you advise.

My second operation was to replace the tube between port and band and resite the port. The tube had become detached from the port. I didn't have a fill for about six months after my band was fitted, but you usually know in advance if you're going to get a fill.

I didn't count calories at all, or carefully measure my portions. I just took about a third the amount I used to have and I eat very slowly. That's a good thing to do. Just take your time eating. The food tastes much better when you eat slowly.