Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have ALL the Dec 2007 bandsters disappeared????

I was banded dec. 10 2007 and I have really lost motivation I am going to start back over on the shakes at the beginning to the year. Just about the only thing I can eat is patato for bake patatos with turkey (ground) that work really well for me. I know I don't suppose to have the patato but does anyone have any suggestions on what to eat?

Scorpio ... have you had fills? are you maybe to tight? My basics are cheese sticks, Wendy's chilli, tuna, salmon, scrambled egg whites with salsa and cheese, cottage cheese with salsa, and the list goes on . . . have you talked to your doctor about the pain? I have 2cc's in my 10cc band - had more but had to have it taken out because I was too tight . .. and couldn't even get liquids down a lot of times, especially in the morning. I still do a Protein shake every day because I can't eat enough Protein to get enough in every day. Don't get discouraged - do get back on the wagon . . . and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Chris

I disappeared for awhile, but I'm back. I was busy busy in December .... actually since a week before Thanksgiving I've been swamped. So I'm back. Didn't have the greatest holiday season, but I'm back. I'll post progress tomorrow.....I need to weigh in in the morning but I know I'm up probably 10 for the season.

Don't get discouraged Chris. I'm still out here. BTW, do you Facebook? You can always find me there.

Hey Chris

I'm still here! I was banded 12-26-07. I've lost 85 lbs. so far... well maybe 83 since the holidays. The band has saved my life... not to mention that I can now paint my toes again. lol

Take Care

Rose

Oh my ... there is life out there! Wahoo! lol

Yes Steph - I have Facebook . . . don't really know what to do with it . . . I'm chrissoporito@sbcglobal.net if that helps . . . because I can't even find people . . . really a dunce . . .I'm up 10 for the holiday . . . lost 5 . . . had a BAD day yesterday and I'm back on track today . . . I'm working 2 jobs now . .. everyone still lives at my house . . . the stress factor is out the window .. .but my DIL took her last oral chemo pill about a week ago . . . so maybe things will start looking up!

Hey Steph . . . I'm ALMOST down to where you started!

Happy New Year everyone . . . you were missed!

Chris

Hi, fellow Dec 07 bandsters! The lap band has become such a part of life, I haven't been on the site for awhile. During the first few months, I was discouraged that I wasn't losing 10 lbs a week, but as time and fills have gone on, I am taking it in stride. My goal is to lose 60 lbs, and I have lost 46 over the past year. I am getting rid of clothes the minute they become baggy, and going to resale shops to get clothes that fit. I can eat anything that I chew WELL, just alot less of it. Happy Bandiversary, and I hope you have a great 2009.

:)

Hi, Christasha. I'm still here. I don't post much but I lurk a lot. I guess at my highest I gained almost 5 pounds during the holidays and today I weighed my lowest yet. So it came off fast which is very encouraging for the future. With the band we can live like normal-weight people.

I see the doctor again on Friday - first time in 2 months since he slightly unfilled me to correct reflux problems. I think I am at that perfect spot for lifetime maintenance with the band. I'm not sure I can lose much where I am and I still have over 30 pounds to go but I am afraid of getting a fill and the reflux coming back. Remember, I had it badly for 3 months and it culminated into pneumonia from ingesting what came up. Hopefully, he can reassure me on Friday.

I think we are all doing very well and are far healthier than we were a year ago.

Hi Shirley . . . Happy New Year to you! I had to have a slight unfill in November because I was getting so tight I couldn't even get Protein drinks down in under an hour . . . and was starting to get the reflux also. I now have 2 cc's in my 10cc band . . and that will probably do it for me . . . I just have to BEHAVE . . . and eat what I should . . . my head is taking a LONG TIME to catch up with my body!

Glad to see you!

Chris

Hello Dec 2007 bandsters,

I just found this web site. I sure wish I would have known about it 14 months ago. It is so wonderful to hear how others are doing with their bands. I am proud of every single one of you! Please add me to you 2 year anniversary celebration. I was banded Dec 12, 2007. I have lost 110 pounds and have a new life! Nothing could have prepared me for such success. I didn't think there was anything that would work for me! I am so grateful!

Hi Linda . .. and welcome! Sorry you couldn't have been here from the start too! There isn't much life on our board right now . . . but it had helped me a LOT. You have done a fabulous job . . . keep it up!

Chris

Welcome Linda. Some of us are still around. Congratulations on your band success. I, for one, am stalled right now. Have not really lost much lately and really can't seem to stay at my lowest or get any lower. I keep gaining and losing the same 2 pounds. But it stays at 2 pounds at least.

I had a consultation with a plastic surgeon on Monday. I have to have a hernia repair this summer and will now be getting a Tummy Tuck at the same time. Even though I have a lot more to lose, I don't think anymore can come off from my waist up. I already fit into a medium top. I will be getting some Lipo in my legs at the same time to get some weight off my knees (with the benefit of getting into some smaller size pants). My goal here is to just go into any store and buy some pants even if they are XL. I can wear some XL's now but not in every store. Down the road I will get my arms done (outpatient surgery) and I think that will be all I do. My boobs, although rather stretched, still fit nicely into a bra without any overhanging. At my age, I just want to fit into clothes, not wear a bikini.

Shirley . . . good for you! Wow . .. way to go with coordinating the TT and hernia repair! You are going to be a totally new person! Keep it going! I was pretty stalled for quite awhile . . .and I THINK I have my head back in the game here and am finally making a little progress . .. I just keep trying to "do it right" day by day. Keep us posted!

Chris

Hi everyone. Just a quick check in. I've been gaining and losing the same 5 pounds for quite a while now. I am going in on Monday for a fill. If you remember I had all but 2 cc's taken out, which left less than what I had in it at placement. I can't blame it all on restriction. I haven't had my head in the right place and that puts my hands in lots of wrong places (like the cookie jar).

I have been battling back issues for a few months now and I think alot of it is the pounds I have put back on. I've been doctoring, chiropracting, and accupunturing, without a lot of success. Both doctor and chiro think the final solution will come when I actually blow out a disk in my back but it's just a waiting game for now.

I have been looking into Seattle's 3 day walk for the cure in September. I just need to okay it with the doc before I committ. That will give me a goal to shoot for and a reason to ramp up my exercise. Once I sign up I am committed to raising over 2k and will not have a way out, so it will be do it or else, which is something I need. I am really excited about it and want so much to give back to the world that I really hope doc won't tell me I shouldn't do it. I can't get in to see him for three weeks though so it's a waiting game now.

So that's my life in a nutshell right now. Just thought I would pop in and tell you what I'm up to. Good to hear about your progress SgHatl and Chris I'm so glad your head is in a better place. Welcome Linda. I hope you find some support on the boards.

hey dec, 2007 bandsters....i was banded on 12/14/07 in ashland, kentucky at kings daughters hospital....i have lost 80 lbs and have 18 to goal.....i love my band and love the restriction...... i am losing slow now, but still losing....i have not gained a lb back....i am very strict on myself....i follow the rules of banding to the "t"...... all band rules.... i go for my 6th fill in april, but if im still restricted like i am now, i may cancel.....good luck to everyone