Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am on my 3rd fill now, tell me if this is normal

I finally got off my butt and got my referral renewed with my insurance company so I could get back in a get a fill. I've back stepped a little and gained a little weight, that I am totally blaming on the holidays! :thumbup: This is my time of year that I always tend to gain weight, and even though this is my first year being banded, I still fell off the band wagon a little.

Well I got a 4cc fill on Fri, and this is my 3rd fill. I can feel a difference and I am actually full faster and can't eat as much, which is wonderful! The thing is that I seem to feel hungry more now in between meals. Has anyone else experienced this? I need to restock my cabinets with some healthy Snacks and I will next week on payday. I'm looking forward to getting back on track and serious after the new year starts. I am SO thankful I now have this tool to help!!! :thumbup:

I wouldn't beat yourself up over a few pounds and youre doing the right thing by getting fills.

I never experienced what you are... But it could make sense since you're satisfied quicker you're eating less so you might be getting hungry sooner. Are you making sure to eat your Protein first then filler food? The Protein should keep you satisfied alot longer.

Don't stress about a small gain. You're on the right track.

How long does it take you to feel hungry after you eat? I know many people here eat 4-6 times a day and others are strict about only eating 3 times.

What do you normally eat? Protein will help keep you satisfied longer.

I think the key is eating the right foods first and listening to your body.

I am trying to eat my Protein first, but the meals I have eaten the past few days are kind of getting stuck! I know it's from not chewing it up better. It's hard to "unlearn" inhaling food and eating too fast. I made baked chicken the other night and it got stuck and I had ham last night and it got stuck.

I have the same problem, but not all the time. bread is a problem for me so if I have to have it I wait till the end of the meal. I find to that if I cut up the meat really small pieces, I don't have as much of the problem. But my REAL problem is Portion Control. My mind is always thinking more, more more. I need a band for my brain...........

I've noticed I have less trouble with meat if it's in a sauce. My favorite way to do chicken:

1. Thaw your chicken and half a bag of frozen veggies* in the fridge.
  2. Slice the chicken breasts up into small pieces (they cook faster this way).
  3. Saute the chicken in a non-stick pan with cooking spray.
  4. Dump in a can of low sodium, low fat cream-of-whatever Soup.
  5. Add the veggies.
  6. Simmer for about 5 minutes or until the veggies are hot. You may need to cover it if it starts bubbling.

*I get the generic mixed veggies (carrots, peas, corn, lima Beans, and green beans). They come in a 16oz bag in my grocery store. When I get home, I split them up and put each half in a zip top bag.

Of course, you could substitute a can of black Beans, a can of corn, and a jar of salsa for the Soup and mixed veggies.