Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Candra~ I love the crack comment. Especially since I work in law enforcement! haha

Jes- I've tried one of those contoured memory-foam pillows. I hated it, it hurt my neck. But, I usually sleep on my stomach or my side. I will have some adjusting to do post-op!

We just got back from house shopping! We saw probably 8 houses. We sorta liked 3. One of the houses we saw was totally trashed. I took pictures! The teenagers who lived there wrote all over the walls, kicked in a cabinet, punched in another cabinet, cut holes in the wall of 1 bedroom. Ugh. I still really liked the house but it'll take a lot of work. But it was still really fun!

Tamra... we just might have surgery at the same time! How exciting!

Tamra... we just might have surgery at the same time! How exciting!

That would be so awesome!!

You girls are ALL rockin' it! Got to go they are coming to unplug me anytime now . . . . boo-hoo!

Ok, I'm back - i was on the road home - I think I would be awsome if Heather & Tamra got surgery at the same time - I know this probably sounds weird but I feel so much better knowing that Jes is doing this "with" me (so to speak) Like I'm not alone so I'm less fearful.... Make any sense at all?

Hey girls! I'm back for a bit before heading to back to school night for Soph. I had lost 5.5 lbs according to their scale (but I know it's more like 7.5 since I'm bloated and due to start TODAY!) since my last fill 4 weeks ago today.

I got another .5 cc fill and am up 8.0 cc's. That makes me nervous! That's REALLY FULL!!! I can totally feel the Water funnel down through the band and I like that feeling...it reminds me that my band is in there and that it's WORKING! Yay!

Dr. Baggs is going to start doing the group fills every other month now so we won't go back until October sometime. They'll call us with the appt in September. My goal is to be 205 or less before my next appt with him.

It was a good class but sometimes I feel like that part with Robin is kinda a waste of time. She's very negative and NEVER praises us for doing anything good or being successful and kicking ass at losing weight. All she does is criticize everyone...gets on my nerves.

Dr. Baggs on the other hand is always awesome and so encouraging and positive. He always tells me how great I'm doing and that I'm having very above average results. He said couldn't believe that this time last year I was almost 300 lbs and that this year I'm almost 200 lbs. I thought that was very sweet!

Anyway, it was a good day, I'm FRICKIN' hungry and can't wait to eat again tomorrow, lol. Hope you've all had a great day too!

Just talked to Nicole ..............that girl rocks!! She is so honest and up front about things which is one reason she is so successful. That girl tells the truth whether is is good or bad which is what ya have to do to be successful at this whole weight loss thing...............Nicole is a weightloss rock star!!! Girl I think you have broken all lap band records so far...........what are you at 60% of your weight now??

Sounds like the fill went GREAT. Telling you girls if I was at 8cc's you could just call the funeral home and take me away...............that makes me hurt inside to think about that!! LOL!!

Hopefully I will see everyone on Saturday!! Still waiting to find out..............

lunch next week. I need to check my work schedule but Thursday or Friday sounds good........

Can 't wait till the 3rd Candra and Jes............we are gonna rock the pre op class!! I promise I won't chew gum or bring in a Big gulp coffee or something..........not IV drip caffiene............actually I am having a fill that day so I will be having a starbucks Decaf on the way there and nothing else till I go home................

Glad to hear the fills went so well! Candi?! Where are you...we miss you, I know a lot of work...but how doing?

Candra, I can identify, cause there was no one around here, that I could identify with, you & Jes are gems for each other! There are the monthly threads here on LBTalk, u might find someone on there as the same day also. (But dont spend all your time over there, lol, we need ya's here!) I did meet a couple of banders with the same date as me.

Okay, working on the sat group...you ladies ALWAYS give me ideas...and material! I need you all Band O' SOS! BUT... so the tattoo wouldn't hurt as much with more 'cushion'? Does it scrunch up or look different after cushion is lost? Curious?

good question Donna - mine is on my ankle - not much cushion there to start with LOL. Still looks the same - looks like the Schlitz Malt Liquor Bull Skiing down the alps - suppose to be a roking horse - but instead of a horse, a bull cuz I'm a taurus - stupid crap I did when I was young - I HATE IT - WOULD LOVE TO TRY THAT WRECKING BALM

OK! Well after catching up with 5 pages lol...

I FINALLY made it home. Had to pee so bad lol. Ok well this am we left at 11 or maybe 10:55 and got there at 12:10 i asked mike how that one happened.... thats what i get for not lookin at his speed.....

So, Tamra, Water hmm i didnt hold off on drinking till the day of surgery. You kinda are forced into the liquids only and i think that reallyhelped.. I couldnt do it before either. Yeah occasionally ill take a sip now, but its normally when my tounge is on such fire that i need it..

Tattoos.. funny yall mention that.. One of the things me and baggs talked about were scars.. he said to use ANY lotion doesnt matter the kind but PUSH and rub at the same time.. and he rubbed mine to give me an idea.. and, he said you wanna feel it. Because you are tryin to get deeper in the tissue.. so.. remember push and rub:D AND< i said cause im close to goal so im gonna wanna wear somethin cute, and not sport scars lol, he said... GET A TATTOO.. okkkk.. thats when i said, IM SCARED OF NEEDLES.. he said (laughed) "you just asked me for blood work" lol yeah im a nut. But everyone knows i need blood work to see whats going on in my body... So he encourages tattoos!!! I dont, im runnin the other way..:confused:

So my fill was wonderful like always, nice to know my new scale is exactly the same as theres.. and for people wanting to know what they will weigh with clothes chris and i talked about this.. when ur nakie about to shower weigh first, then put outfit number one in ur arms, weigh and so on.. that way you dont have to get dressed four times:D And i told him how i got sick of wearing the same outfit.. hes all yeah the dresses dont do much cause it all weighs close to the same anyways lol. He didnt know we wear dresses though cause they are light lol.

So i told him about my energy spells so he ordered FIVE vials of blood, checkin all my sugars and vits.. i also had one for my ob to check my testosterone so i threw that one in today also.. Lotsa blood. I laid down for that one too:D

Then i told him I need counceling like last week, and he said it is very common, we get surgery to get healthy and it changes everything. I said oh yeah mikes hating my confidence and everything. I was soo close to tears, and he just looks at us with such sympathy.. ( i bet he hears it all:D ) He said well i am smart to ask for help now cause this is when people leave hubbies etc. I said id rather not but he is constantly sabbotaging me, fighting with me etc. AND, i am liking my new bod, and my new confidence.. Ive never been this size.. so i wanna strut it and mike is like nooooooooo. LOL fun life i know. So, hes gonna help me get counceling but told me to look online for how we get it.

Then he asked if i was vomitting, i said "I wouldnt call it vomiting dr baggs" Lol he just laughed.. i said no i do not vomit i PB... and i havent in a while.. i said the first two weeks i had some issues so bad i debated on this.. and (then i mentioned tina.. and how i learned from her yadda yadda) and he asked ok whens the last time i said 2 weeks ago.. so then he said ok you can have .5cc i said OKAY:) then i drank my water... sat up and was good.. drank more water :drool:

Then i told him about tina again.. i think hes got the point that tina needs a fill.. ( I TRIED HARD GIRL) i saw the next fill needle and thought of tina lol. Told him she was gonna come today, and she couldnt make it.. he thought it was funny...

Next fill is in october, they will be calling, if not we have to call them, oh joy. He did make it sound like T will be in our fills again, cause i said oh man she wont, he said why not, and then i sat there and did the math.. and realized SHE WILL:D lol.

Then we talked about my weight loss and thats when i went off about my new found confidence and everything and i said im a whole new person. We should make a before and after picture card for him. Because i dont think he remembers us heavy. Imagine what he would think seeing the chubby us to the skinny us..... idea right????

Ok, so now candi and chris you know why i was there for so long lol... I finally got up and told him i better let him get to the next patient cause with everything going on i could talk all day long and he just laughed:D

I love dr baggs, icouldnt ask for a better surgeon.. yeah he gets embarrased easily, but he is very caring, and genuinley cares about us i think...:blink:

Ok so im up to 8.3 and i feel the water. I am full right now, ON WATER. Yeah i did stop for a chai, i was diein after getting my blood drawn, needed some milk. But it sure filled me. Now i feel water.. i cant drink like i used to... kinda worries me... we will see.. I think its bad to get fills in pinole im loose there, always am.. lol then i come to the hills lol.

I hope next time i go i am 165.... that is doable I THINK.. the problem i find as i get closer to goal, THIS GETS HARDER!!!! More of a fight.. every day fight. 1 lb isnt what it used to be anymore its pretty huge.

Like when i was 250.. 2.5 lbs was 1% of my body weight.. now 2.5 lbs would be 4.45% Way different. WOW, thanks tina for help with math..

Wow that just made me realize im in for a journey..

Ok im gonna stop typing... ttyl:D

Holy cow i just realized just how much i posted! Sorry!!!!

Candra i can relate about making it easier.. me and chris and tina were all banded within 3 weeks of each other it was really nice. What sucked is i had to go first.....

And Tina, girl i love you, in my opinion honesty is the best policy and ive learned, that lately my mouth can talk an awful lot.. and right now with whats goin on i will say anythng.. i even told baggs i was scared he was gonna think i was crazy and take all my Fluid lol..

Oh yeah, chris yea we are tight, but i believe in a 10cc we can get up to 14ccs if i remember right. But im pretty sure we are close to our sweet spots......