Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Where was everyone today! We missed you all! (Pam, Maria, Tina, Reggie, Candra!) Meeting was good, Angel had a lot of free stuff for us this month. I couldn't go to lunch since I have to leave for a wedding. But I had a quick second to say hi! And Donna, thanks for all the sweet stuff you said, you almost made me cry! After that, I had a woman ask for my email address because she needs support!

I'm a little bummed since I don't have time for my workout- gotta leave in less than an hour. And I was all lazy last night and didn't get to the gym. Sunday is my day, I'll be rocking a 90 min workout to make up for these two days. Have a good weekend everyone!

Hello All!

It was great seeing those who attended the meeting today! Missed those that weren’t able to go.

Feeling good today thanks for asking Pat.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Lee – How are you doing?

I have a few options trying to decide over the weekend what to do:

1. Stay with Kaiser and just not get fills until I am down 20 pounds. (not my no 1 option)

2. FILL CENTER USA in Navato:

They can see me with only a weeks advance to make an appointment. 365 to sign up for the their program and that includes a consultation and fill. Than 165 for additional fills. Still a long drive but shorter than RIchmond and they can get you in within a week. They just need proof of the type of band I have and the cc count.

2. Dr. Jenkins in Placer County.

He can see me in two weeks and only has a week to two weeks wait to see people for fills. He is 10 miles from my house. He charges 500 dollars for a consultation and two fill appointments. THan a 100 dollars if I need more fills past that. He needs an operative report from Kaiser so he can see the position and type of band and what I already have before he will see me. Thus the two week for me to try and get a report from Kaiser. If I change my insurance to Health Net in September I can stay his patient and everything will be covered by insurance after that. He works two doors down from my uncle.

4. Dr. Laura Machado:

2 blocks from my house. She can see peole for fills within a week of a phone call. She charges 500 dollars for a consult and one fill. Than 100 per fill after that. She wants a operative report and a copy of the barium swallow on CD. If I can't get one it costs 1300 to get another one down. She won't take Kaiser or Health net but will take Blue Cross/Anthem (can we say 39% increase??) But she is so close and has a great reputation. No 1 Bariatric surgeon in Sacramento.

5. Bariatrics of San Fransico: (satellite office in Sacramento)

Still waiting for them to call me. Dr. Cirangle is involved with this one. He is a founder of laproscopic bariatric surgey and has his name all over bring lap band to the USA. But still no call back after two days. I did joine their bariatric support group and now get a monthly news letter on all the latest on surgery. This one is two blocks from my office so that would be nice to.

So gonna think about it this week. It is alot of money up front but getting an appointment in a week instead of waiting six and not having to drive??? Tempting, very tempting. I could still work and go on my lunch breaks.

I am thinking about it and gonna call Kaiser and try to have them send me an operative report and hopefully a CD of my barium swallow. Than I can make copies and give them out if I decide to go with another office. I would also like to see what they are writing about me. MOst places said Kaiser is slow and will also charge me 40 dollars for the report. But lets see what Kelly says....

I am going to keep my appointment with Dr. Baggs on the 26th either way and email him if I decide to change. I really like him but I think I have to do something different that works better for me. I need to start losing again........

Anyway. OPtions but expensive. Wonder if all the time and gas save would equal the expense of the change. Probably not but I can hope.

Ah Heather I had a training for work today.............just got out. YOu guys were in my thoughts though!!

It was great meeting everyone today at the meeting. I will try my best to make the next one as well, but my surgery is on March 22nd, so we will just have to play that by ear. Sorry I couldn't make lunch, but I skipped out on the California League of Middle School Conference to go to the meeting and really needed to get back. I had loaned them 24 of my computers and felt a little odd leaving them there, but they were fine and all back in my car safely home now.

Nicole, thanks for showing me your scars and for being so open about how you are doing. Your advice really helped. I promised you the name of the cookbook I am using. It is Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery by Patt Levine and Michele Bontempo-Saray. I like it because the recipes are really flavorful and because it tells you when in your journey you can eat each one and how to modify it for the different stages. Liz had recommended I get a cookbook on how to cook for 1, but this one has small portions and I can cook once and take the rest for lunch the next day.

Thanks again for making me so welcome!

Hi everyone,

Great to meet some of you today and learning from the ones that have gone through this already and to talk to the ones that are preparing for surgery like myself.

Thanks for all you guys do!

Ended up being a nice sunny day this afternoon and I went for a nice walk. Yeah!

Tina (I hope that's the right name)

I love the way you analize your options and lay it all out; that's just what I would do too. I don't have any advice for you except do what you feel is right in your heart and keep focused. You certainly have given me things to think about.

Good luck and I pray that the right answer comes your way.

Hi Everyone - today was a busy day. Did great with walking - walked the wetlands for an hour and then walked in downtown and did lots of errands (Lowes, Home Depot, Costco) so by the end of day I have walked 4.17 miles and 11,502 steps. Ok food wise not so good. I went out to lunch with my husband and ordered quiche and then we were out all afternoon and got take out BBQ for dinner. I have been averaging about 400 - 500 cal. a day on Stage 4 but today it was 1,100 and 72 grams of fat - uugghhh!

Here is what I had:

B - 1 hard boiled egg, 1/3 c LF Cottage cheese, 1/4 c. unsweetened applesauce, 1/4 piece whole grain toast

L - 1 piece of spinach, goat cheese and pepper quiche, small piece of crust of bread w/ 1 tsp butter

D - 4 BBQ baby back ribs (they are my favorite!!), 2 tbsp of sauteed spinach w/ 1 tsp LF butter, 4 Kashi whole grain crackers

Tamra - hope Tahoe is fun.

Heather - you rock!

Tina - it looks like you have done a lot of research. The only other thing I can think of is to make sure you find out from Kaiser if there are any problems with them continuing to treat you if you get a fill elsewhere. Its a lot to think about - pros and cons. I know you will make a thoughtful decision.

Lee and John - glad you are doing well.

Everyone else - hope all is well.

yea I will email Dr. Baggs about that. But if I go with another options I will be done with Kaiser.............I am really hoping I am only 2-3 fills away from my sweet spot and can stop all these appointments. I would prefer fills every few months.................I am almost a year out and am still yet to find my sweet spot.............

Tina, I hear ya, I sure hope I don't go down that road. but it's not looking good. I just loose and gain the same 5 pounds!! I'm going on 6 mos out.

Where is everybody today? Well I'm trying real hard to loose a few more pound before I go to see Dr P next week. argh so tough especially since I have no restriction.

so far

B-2 pcs toast (Bad choice)

L-bacon lettuce & Tomato salad (copied from cheesecake factory)

d-?

I walked the bridge yesterday and today

hope everyone is having a good sunday...

Hello hello!!

How is everyone? Ali and Laurel it was really nice to meet you ladies yesterday at the meeting. Hang with this group and you will do big things!! Hope you both can make lunch next time!

John you are lookin Gooooood!!! Your lucky our clothes cop wasnt there because she woulda had you!!! I guess I shouldnt talk seeing that I had diaper booty!! lol.

Heather, come by this week after work and I will give you my suit, its sooooo cute.....Im gunna miss it lol.

Donna and April it was really great to have some time with you both. I really enjoyed our lunch. I always get so much more motivated after our meetings lol. Thanks. Had my leftovers for din din and they were YUMMY..

Miss everyone who couldnt make it :biggrin: Hope some of you can come walking in the big V next weekend it would be nice to see you guys. Im looking forward to Pats on the 20th too.

Today has been such a lazy day for me. I woke up at 10am and havent done ANYTHING!!! Robbie is packing he is leavin me for a few days so I will have the house all to myself!! Yeehaw lol... Hope everyone is having a nice relaxing sunday.

Hi Everyone,

Just checkin in. I've had a great weekend. sleeping better. Last night went to a friends to watch movies. This morning drove for the first time and went to Whole Foods. I guess I've pampered myself and not even gotten in my car since surgery. This afternoon went with a friend to see a movie.

I've walked 4 days in a row. Three days on treadmill and today 30 minutes at Lake Merritt because it was a gorgeous day.

I'm doing good on Full liquids and hope that I'll be moved to pureed when Robin calls me on Wednesday.

Anyone going to the Richmond meeting on Wednesday? I'm planning to go.

How's everyone's weekend been?

Hi Everyone!

It sounds like you all had fun :biggrin: I wish I could have been there, but we where @ Oakland for lunch & Monster Jam to Celebrate my son's 2nd birthday! Both my boys are car/truck fans so this was fun for them. I was back down to 232.5 this AM so almost there again LOL! My 2 year old is getting his ear tubes in the morning so say a prayer for him :laugh: I know it is a simple procedure, but it is a procedure none the less. I want to go to the next meetings so can some one get me all the info? Thanks. I hope you are all doing well!

LOL Lee, We where posting at the same time :biggrin: I'm glad to hear that you are doing well. How is your pain? Do you still not feel hunger?