Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Tommorrow is one month since I started my pre-op diet....I have had no caffeine or carbonated drinks for 30 days--seriously had doubts I could do that but its been good. I had headaches the first couple days without my morning joe but once I started with Decaf coffee I was fine. Decaf tea just didn't do it for me.

I had my weight check today and confirmed I was down 15 pounds in 30 days. I am very pleased with that but I know it wont stay dropping so quickly but it sure has got me motivated.

I have been walking more and am up to 2 miles about 4 times per week. I hope next week to even do longer walks. I am logging my miles and hope I will have walked 250 miles by my birthday in August. My goal is to do the "Run for the Hungry" on Thanksgiving...well, in my case it will be the "Walk for the Hungry" because me and running is not a pretty sight.

I am anxious for my apt with Dr Park on March 8th...I hope she lets me move forward without much delay. I am hoping I have surgery in Mid May and I am taking the full four weeks---you guys are so brave that started back after 2 weeks.

Have a great night!

What I did good today--my boss brought in some delious looking scones from Panera's .... didn't even take one nibble. It was real hard to avoid them!

What I did bad today---had pintos and cheese from taco bell for lunch and wendy's chili for dinner Yikes!

Tam - I'm sure I'll start clucking one of these days! We eat such little amounts, it takes forever to use anything up! My family has been having the chilli I made, but we're not suppose to have Beans so I cooked 2 pieces of chicken and it has lasted all week! I was starting to crave your and Candra's burgers - so maybe I'll make them next for myself.

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick check in before bed. I had a great day. Runs just left me today and I got to eat three meals. B. 1/4 Fage L. 1/2 cup organic Tomato Soup D. 1/2 cup organic Tomato Soup. I worked for around 6 hours and got a lot done, then went down to the treadmill for 20 minutes. I feel like now that the runs have quit chasing me, I've got some energy and color in my cheeks. A friend came over tonight to watch a movie. All in all, 8 days out and this was my best day. I feel like I was actually very productive at my job today.

It's great to read about everyone doing so well. I love it!

Sweet dreams!

Sorry Pat!!! But congrats on the 17lbs!!

Ali - congrats to you too! I might not slow down Just yet so keep your fingers crossed.

Lee - good to hear about your day - energy is a great thing - i don't have it often but sure do enjoy it when I got it!

JES - Wish your baby girl a happy birthday for me. Have fun and enjoy your weekend. we'll hook up eventually.

So - Just wanted to share; I'm watching Gok and he said that the fastest way to lower your BMI is to put on some high heels - 3 inches of heels = 3 more bites of cake LOL LOL LOL - I love him!!! too bad he's gay...

Pat- Having a Migraine doesn't count as wimping out!

I'm still pretty sore today- 4 days after my killer workout. I hope tomorrow gets better. I finally have my 1 on 1 meeting with the trainer. We'll go over nutrition (lol) and set a game plan or something. I didn't get to the gym at all today. Just too darn busy!

In my office we usually plan a lunch thing for the birthday person. The last b-day was in Jan and we did Nachos. Well, for my b-day they did a salad bar! I was so touched that they remembered that I'm eating different and they respected that. While they picked up 3 dozen cupcakes, they also got 1 dozen mini cupcakes (110 cal each). It was nice to know they remembered my diet and didn't try to sabbatoge!

After work we had dinner at an amazing restaurant (Gormet Chinese) and it was just dang good. I didn't bring leftovers home, they stayed with my folks. I had a little ice cream and some cake but I didn't eat the whole thing.

My b-day gift from my parents was amazing. My mom has been scanning all of our old photos for the last year and a half (maybe longer) and she made me an album, and put together a video that had pictures of my first year, and videos they made from the day they brought me home from the hospital thru my first b-day. (And I got some cutco knives and a propane tank lol!)

I just want to thank everyone on this board for being so wonderful. I started my journey about 10 months ago but I would probably have given up if I didn't know you people. Thanks for being amazing! I can't wait to see everyone this weekend!

Hey Heather Happy Birthday!! LIke I said before if anyone deserves a band it is you and I know you'll get one :-)

Ok did I read somewhere that there is no set amount to get a fill. Ah geez..........I am so getting the short end of the stick here!! ***sigh****

My rules are different than anyone elses.

I am thinking of changing to Health Net at the next sign up period at work. IF I do that I can get my fills in Sacramento after that. I think that is in September. But there is an office two blocks from my house and it would be so, so nice to get a fill and than go on with my day

Have to see how much it costs to change insurance next time.

I emailed Dr. Baggs at 1:30 am this week since I was up on call for work. He emailed me back worried I was up to late!! LOL. I told him I was on call like him!! I like he notices that kind of stuff.........he asked when he was gonna see me again since I cancelled this week. I think he wanted me to come in anyway but with work and stuff........if I was gonna get a fill but I can't so I didn't want to drive and miss work and I told him. He just emailed me back. "and I do want to see you back in my office again." ok, ok.................I will make sure I go next time regardless of the circumstances I just wish I had a good fill and could put visits off for every few months. Work is not really like this once a month for a year now............LOL. I told them 6-8 months tops.

anyway, gotta get some sleep.....................

I think I found a fill center in Sacramento that charges 100 a fill without insurance but will take Health Net. Hmmm...............

Morning all,

Pat that's cool your able to eat it and not get tired *yet* lol :eek: congrads on your loss!

Lee glad you aren't bestfriends with the potty anymore :mad2:

Well it's my first big challenge with my band, I am going to Tahoe tomorrow with my girls over night. They want to party, eat, and drink. I am down to 232 flat this morning, only a .8 loss but hey! so I am trying to plan how to do this around them....eeek! I might have to have 1 drink....I can stop there with no issue, it's the food...

Happy Birthday Heather!! I near about cried while reading about how people celebrated you! Clearly, you have a lot of people who care about you.

Pat, I hope the headache is better today. You are so rockin that Band and doing so well. I don't want anything to bring your spirits down. *Go headache Go AWAY*

Ali, you've done so great on your pre-op diet. Way to go!

Tina, I'm glad you're finding other solutions so that you can feel calm around your choices.

Tamra, why don't you write down what you plan to eat and drink and the group will hold you accountable. For me that's the easiest way because I never want to come back and say that I didn't follow through with my promises to myself. It's so easy for us to let go of taking care of ourselves, as evidenced by becomming obese in the first place. Write your plan then come back and write it again with what you actually did.

I'm doing ok. Slept 4 hours, up two hours, slept three hours before my work phone started going off at 7am. I'm hoping for a productive work day. Runs still at bay. My internal swelling must be going down because I'm starting to feel everything inside. It feels a little like someone was driving a truck around in there. Last night I looked at the pictures that Dr. Baggs gave my friend who was in the waiting room during surgery. She showed me my new sleeve. It looks just like a big earth worm for right now.

Have a happy day everyone!

Good Morning everyone!!

TGIF!! I am so glad today is Friday. I woke up this am at 3:45 with major body aches, I couldnt fall back asleep at all because I couldnt get a position where my body didnt hurt. I dont know if I am getting sick or if I just pulled a muscle. My throat is hurting and so are my ears so I may be getting sick IDK. I am going to go home take some vicoden and go to bed. UGH.

my weight is a little stalled right now, probably because I am eating thicker stuff. Oh well I havent been walking like I should. This week at work has kicked my butt. Anyways, have a good weekend. See who ever is going tomorrow!!

CoCo, take care of yourself. It's a virus that's going around. I started with a sore throat pre-op that lasted 10 days. I haven't been sick like that in decades. My work assistant called me at 7am with the same sore throat. It seems like everyone has it. The best you can do is rest and get plenty of fluids. When I called Kaiser at the beginning of it, they told me rest and drink.

Stay away from other people as it's highly contagious.

ps... your weight loss looks phenomenal to me!

Thank you Lee back at ya!!

The aches have gone away since I started my h20. IDK what the deal was with that must have been the way I was sleeping. Still have a sore throat tho so i will keep an eye on it.

Breakfast: 1 grande skinny Decaf latte, and 4 oz of a boneless chuck roast I baked

Hi,

I plan on being there on Saturday. I look forward to meeting all of you.

Hi everyone Finally e-mailed Dr. Fisher and I am going in on Monday for am unfilled. I am really excited about that because I was starting to eat slider and not what I should be eating so I wasn't losing weight. Glad to see everyone is doing great!!!

urgh someone come to my house and get this box of cheese nips away from me!! LOL