Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Candra: It was almost 2 months ago. Middle of Dec. 09

I enjoy reading everyone's posts. You guys are a hoot.

Too funny Reggie - my husband has already warned me about how much I can lose. In that aspect, he may be like your husband. LOL - girl i'm not thick yet - I'd be satisfied with Thick - I'm still fat - 5'3" & still in 14/16! Just in case i can't make it Saturday, I gave Coco the jeans for you. In a minute I just might pass over my favoirite INC sexy shirt - still fits but for some reason since I've lost some weight, it's gotten kinda long on me - weird! Oh, but no long enough to wear with leggings

Thanks you Candra and Cindy.

Once the sun comes out again... I live in Concord and have a pool. It's down at the moment - no need to heat it now - but when summer comes around, I will have everyone over for laps. Which should help the knee. I'am off for the night. My husband hogs the computer at home. So I will catch all of your tomorrow.

Too funny Reggie - my husband has already warned me about how much I can lose. In that aspect, he may be like your husband. LOL - girl i'm not thick yet - I'd be satisfied with Thick - I'm still fat - 5'3" & still in 14/16! Just in case i can't make it Saturday, I gave Coco the jeans for you. In a minute I just might pass over my favoirite INC sexy shirt - still fits but for some reason since I've lost some weight, it's gotten kinda long on me - weird! Oh, but no long enough to wear with leggings

Yeah our husbands are mad! telling us how much we can lose LOL, they've lost their blasted minds. girl pass the clothes on, i am game because I plan on being in 14 in a few months they will motivate me. Please make it on Saturday, I wish I can make the puppy face that my son does and it gets me all the time lol:sad: close enough.

Once the sun comes out again... I live in Concord and have a pool. It's down at the moment - no need to heat it now - but when summer comes around, I will have everyone over for laps. Which should help the knee. I'am off for the night. My husband hogs the computer at home. So I will catch all of your tomorrow.

Cindy we'll be there, don't count on me swimming you might find me belly up lol.

Imma do my best Reggie

Cindy - you want US in bathingsuits - have you lost your mind LOL Seriously, I WILL be in my monokini by summer - I'm so down for that!

Hey everyone - went to the Emotional Eating class at Kaiser last night with sister Riley. Good class and good group. Talking about eating mindfully (only eat - not doing something else at the same time, and when you eat really concentrate on the food - how it looks, smells, tastes, feels, etc.) BTW - it is really hard to do - or at least for me it is, as I am a big multitasker.

Ok so I am having a hard time - so hungry. I feel nothing - no sense of full or getting stuck. I am eating 1/2 c. at my 3 meals and feel like I could eat a 1/2 c. more. I am eating higher Protein meals - yogurt for Breatkfast, pureed lentil or black bean Soup at lunch and dinner. This is hard.

I am really trying to up my exercise - so I am proud of myself today. I walked 60 minutes - 6,624 aerobic steps. And I had made a committment to myself that I would walk everyday, even if it rained. So the last 20 minutes of my walk it rained and put my slicker on and did it. I didn't melt (although that probably wouldn't have been so bad either)!

Re: all the comments on our group - I agree that we are all here for each other to share our struggles and our successes and to get support and information. And we are all responsible adults who are responsible for our own choices. Since Lee and I are in the 50+ group, we would say that as you get older you care less and less about what other people think/say, or it affects you less. I also think that trying lots of different support groups / classes can help so that you find where you get help and feel comfortable.

Love you all my sisters (and brother) of surgery!

Edited by wantshealth

So I played hookie from work today...did a lot of running around TJ's, Ross, wally's. Got home just before the rain started again.

So did you see Dr OZ? recap....Carnie was an alcoholic, gained 70 lbs after her baby & RNY blah blah. Dr OZ had her "start over" 2 things I need to do 1. 10,000 steps a day & 2. basic meals. He said to pick 2 Breakfast, 2 lunch & 2 dinners and rotate those to get back on track. Maybe I should try that? If you saw it how long does this last? couple weeks? Oh Carnie has a reality show too. has anybody seen it?

Hi everyone,

I feel like I started a tornado in here. Sorry!

The funny thing is that Bev doesn't know that I'm part of this group. I've never talked to Liz about it either. I didn't see anyone else at group that comes here so I don't think it was aimed at us.

I found this group before I ever went to my orientation. It was being here that somehow led me to the Sleeve.

Pat, you're right. As we get older, we care less what others think.

Time to start dinner. It's Biggest Loser night with a friend. Dinner is always something simple and healthy so it's easy to do. Tonight I'm roasting a big batch of broccoli with a side of chicken.< /p>

Ok Reggie, what if we all post the faces for Captain Candra?

:sifone: :sad: :huh2: :) :frown: Will these do? hehehe

Pat u go girlie! In the rain, I like dancin in the rain!

Jes, u sweety petitey, was the diabetic thing a wake up call or what? What I learned...

1 cup of soda/day = 83% more getting type II diabetes

30 min exercise/day = 60% less to not get/reverse? diabetes

Bob Greene (does exercises on the Wii Active) says

"Exercise IS NOT Negotiable!"

Am doin 30 min on stationary bike/day watchin B Loser/Oz.

OK here are mine :frown::sad::huh2::sad::sifone::):frown::sad2::huh2::smash:

Candra - please come??? It would do Bridezilla good not to get her way once in a while - you know tough love and all that...

Hey all........

I missed Dr. Oz!! I wanted to be home by 4pm and ended up going to Lodi today to get a baby. :-( Anyone record it?? I really loved Carnies books and she has a new show now about her weight loss struggles called Unstapled. Interesting show. I knew she gained alot and she is working out with a personal trainer now. It scared me how much she gained after RNY..........really scared me cause I don't want to be like that.

Pat and Lee. I am outspoken. I don't mean any harm. I just get tired of comments. I know that I still get comments about our group if I bring it up and I am gonna put it on the table next time. I get mixed messages that is just me. THey say to me have a group and than when I tell them I do and where I stay in contact......than I am told to be careful since they teach you to cheat.....so just my experience has been WHAT am I suppose to do??

I am 38 and I pretty much don't care much what people think of me either. Of course I work for CPS and get "mouthy" clients all the time so I learned to ignore alot of what other poeple think and say!! :-P I just feel to old and worn out to worry about what other people think...

Just I think groups should be played up not played down. A group won't make you mess up but it could help you succeed...........

so Pat I think I helped you start things with my comments..............sorry!!

LOL Cindy I have a pool here too (I guess it's a Concord thing). I seriously have lived in these condos over 4 years and have been in it under 5 times.

Pat ~ I am in the same boat. I don't feel full off 1/2 cups 3 times a day and NOW on stage 3, I am MORE HUNGRY. its horrible....

So today is my TOM cheat day apparently because I decided to sit with a bowl of nacho cheese doritos, and sucked all the flavor off each chip...yes, i did. How horrible is that? I didn't get any walking in either.

Sooooo tomorrow for me is a NEW DAY!!! 3 meals only, 1/2 cup and aiming for 20 mins of walking. wish me luck. I really want to be 230 by next Friday.

I am going to Tahoe for a night Feb 27th, and I am worried about how and what I will eat!