Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

I was only going to take one week off from work, but ended up staying home two weeks. I sit in a chair in front of a computer all day at work and sitting up straight with the port incision wasn't working - neither was wearing a bra.

I just had to read 6 pages of posts to catch up since yesterday noon - man you all are chatty. I love it.

I changed my pants twice today and my shirt 4 times before I left the house this morning. I was having an "I feel fat" moment and a low self esteem half hour. I dropped the boys at school in my bathrobe, showered, dressed and dropped my daughter off at school and ran some errands before taking lunch to her teacher. I was going to have a Protein Drink for lunch, but drove off and forgot it at home so I got the teriyaki chicken and ate some of the chicken. I hardly ate any of it as last time I ate it with her teacher I ended up pbing in the little girls room when the class went to the library. Why oh why can't I give him up - especially since he has already said he is not interested. I did find out today he has never been married, bought a ring once, but never did get married.

I will definitely be there tomorrow Reggie - did the mapquest thing already. We are going to the gym in a little bit although I don't feel like it.

When my daughter and I were waiting for my boys at school this afternoon, a teenage boy and girl were having what looked like a serious conversation and then he walked off and she started walking in the direction of our car and she started crying - omg I started crying with her. She was trying to hide her face in the hood of her coat. My daughter thought I was nuts.

Guess I'd better fix something for my kids to eat as they are snacking like they think I am not going to feed them.

Okay soooo SOMEONE STOP ME!!

This is SO HORRIBLE having TOM with a brand new lapband!!! Let me tell you what this friend has let me get down today:

BREAKFAST: 1/2 cup mashed potatoes

SNACK: Medium sugar free Decaf vanilla Latte

SNACK: 1 bite of a curly fry

LUNCH: 1/2 cup mashed potatoes

SNACK: I ate about 6-7 of Brianna's Wendy's fries!!

DINNER: 1/2 stew meat mixed with the rest of the mashed potatoes and beef broth for dinner. Was alot of chewing involved, but got it down

SNACK: a hand ful of soft potatoes I made for my ex.

YES THIS IS JUST TODAY!!!!! I AM ADDICTED TO POTATOES!!!!! :lol: I did manage 68 oz of Water so far tho.

and yeah side note, BACK ON TRACK TOMORROW OMG WHAT AM I DOING TO MYSELF!! I think the MASHED POTATOES are the trigger here, because without them I was NOT doing this!!!!! so they are GONE. :thumbup:

Evenin ladies & John...I will get all NY again..but this time for a small slice of Cheesecake...one I wont regret!

Ok, so Reg...Pat came up with the best faces for Candra...and we sure work as a team ...because she is our girl toooo! hehehe

So Laurel...I empathize completely...only with V. Secret...which is WHY I WONT shop there now or even at goal! I went in to find some lace elegant things to wear for my hubby...I dared to walk in there, after waiting tooo long, I had to ask someone if they carried a certain size, and with an attitude came no we dont carry those sizes. FIne by me..

they are missing a whole market of beautiful women AND will continue to as I explain this story even more!

Ash, so excited to meet u tomorrow...def bringing the camera, (as I dreamt I forgot it, lol) and everyone else.... group hugs galore!!! Heather honey...what can I say the endurance and fight back attitude u have...cause we know it is in you...IS gonna CONQUER and Celebrate EVERY item on the 100 list! Pammie...thank u for being so honest...cause it does just that..explain the pain for the rest of us!

Tamra...we will miss you!!! Pat...a healthier you wow!

Maria, where are u, will u be there? Hello to everyone...

didnt the touch of spring today say ok...I still have a few more months to work it off in this cooler weather! :lol:

Good evening all!

Tamra-OMG!!!! I know exactly how you feel. I did the same thing...Only it was the chicken wings!!! The group makes fun at me with the chicken wings. But I'm serious...I was in Bandster Hell.... I still have it too. I can eat a cheeseburger, fries and some pizza right now.... Okay, so the potatos are gone. Now you must start to eat more Protein.

Ashley-I can't wait to meet you tomorrow. I will call you when I'm on my way.

Reggie-Thanks in advance for hosting us. Can't wait to meet you too.

I do have a few clothes to share. Are we bringing any clothes to swap???

I have to turn in early...I have a long day tomorrow...See you all tomorrow.

Just got back from the gym - thank goodness my boys want to go as it makes me go and I end up working out. I did the elliptical with the arm things for one hour straight - 6600 strides - that is a first for me - before today I only did 1/2 hour max. Wow I never thought I would get into the gym exercise thing - I am so thankful my parents are paying for us to go. Then we walked across the parking lot to Subway - oh I wanted a sandwich so bad but knew that wouldn't work and I won't pay that much for a little lunch meat- my kids had sandwiches (they have a veggie pattie now) and I got frozen yogurt next door - that was our dinner.

I'm bringing my camera tomorrow too - CoCo I told my daughter you were bringing the cheesecake this time - she was excited.

I'm watching Hoarders - makes me want to go through stuff and get rid of it. It's really sad they let their houses get like that.

Pam, I know exactly how you feel. I am having those "feeling fat" days too. Goodness, if I feel like this at 55lbs down...What the heck did I look like before??? EEEEKKKK! Scary! I'm happy you are starting to like exercise/working out...I'm now quite there yet. Although, I do miss exercise not that I haven't in 6 days. I guess that qualifies as liking it!! See ya tomorrow.

I have thought the same thing Monique - I must have looked huge 65 lbs ago - . And although I have only lost 35 lbs since my surgery 1 1/2 years ago - I have not gained any weight back and I can only imagine how much I would have gained if I didn't have surgery - I am hoping to lose the rest of my weight by the time I turn 50 - I'll be 48 next month -

I'm watching this week's Biggest Loser now - I have to catch up on my shows on the weekend - I don't have time to watch much tv now that we go to the gym every other day in the evening.

Good night all!! Cant wait to see ya tomorrow...

Ali, I am taking 2 weeks no pay and getting disability. I cant afford taking all of my vacation since I just accumulated it all in Jan.. I also sit at a desk in front of a computer all day. My office is only 5 of us and they all know what I am doing so they will help out a lot when I go back. I wish I could take more time and I could if I needed but I just cant afford it. Im sure I will be ok enough to go back..WE will see...:lol:

Im off to bed, going to Breakfast with my hunny in the am then the gym and cleaning AGAIN!!! hehehe I think I am over stocked with pudding, Jello and more pudding....lol.. Better safe than sorry I guess lol..

Have a great night everyone!!

I WILL be there tomorrow!

Pat - I'd love to ride with you - I will PM you my phone number - You're coming from Petaluma?? I Can meet you at applebees at 2:30 or whatever time you think you'll be there

Jes -you riding??

Candra - yes - how about I call you when I leave my house. I think it should take me about 45-50mins, so I will try to leave my house 1:45. I just got back from the movies and it is late so I didn't want to call. BTW - we saw Blind Side - what a great movie and heart warming true story. Sandra Bullock was terrific in it.

Good night all!! Cant wait to see ya tomorrow...

Ali, I am taking 2 weeks no pay and getting disability. I cant afford taking all of my vacation since I just accumulated it all in Jan.. I also sit at a desk in front of a computer all day. My office is only 5 of us and they all know what I am doing so they will help out a lot when I go back. I wish I could take more time and I could if I needed but I just cant afford it. Im sure I will be ok enough to go back..WE will see...:lol:

Im off to bed, going to breakfast with my hunny in the am then the gym and cleaning AGAIN!!! hehehe I think I am over stocked with pudding, Jello and more pudding....lol.. Better safe than sorry I guess lol..

Have a great night everyone!!

CoCo - make sure you have lots of broth, because you can still sip it when you get to Stage II (and you can still have jello then too.) because it counts as part of your water/clear liquid intake. Re: the Soups since you can only eat 1/4 to 1/2 each meal a can lasts a while. I just restocked on the bean soups today since I was finding the cream soups left me feeling still really hungry. Blending the bean soups has helped get me a little more Protein. Progresso makes a black bean Soup that is flavored with bacon - it is really yummy.

Tamra - I bummed you won't be there. So I am sending a virtual hug! Now promise me you will not have any potatoes tomorrow and that you will eat Protein, protein, protein!!! Pretty Please?? Hang in - not sure if you feel this way, but I didn't expect it to be this hard this fast!

Yes! Pat, an excellent movie! Truly what family means... and of course a good tough virtuous woman! Sandra did well in it as well as Tug and others. True stories Yeah!

Hey ladies still home sick.......having trouble getting to sleep tonight been sleeping off and on all day.Catching up on all the posts......

Watched Carnie on Dr. oz today. Interesting stuff. I like what he said about support groups and not to make "the experts" your higher power......but to make your support your priority because that is what gets you and keeps you at goal not all the expert advice. I think they are talking you can know something and not feel it. You can have the information and the program and the plan and still not really get it and have accountability. Groups keep you accountable not the experts and their programs and opinions. I totally agree.....

I like the 10000 steps and and two meals............

My immune system is down I keep getting sick this winter. I am getting a physical next week. I want to get retested for thyroid and diaabetes and all that stuff. I know something crazy is going on My estrogen is out of control I want to know why. I am getting Migraine all the time agian.

Dr Oz did say that soy can cause estrogen problems but Robin said no. But I wonder.....oh and the WELLBUTRIN has to be 300 to 400mg for it to stop the head hunger but at that dose it could give you a heart attack. From Dr. Oz's book. so I decided to stick to the Celexa for now..........I ran out and had two days with none but it came in the mail today. I sorta want to up mydose cause I don't think I am feeling less anxious...........what is the normal dose I am only taking 20mg

Sleeping in tomorrow and I will see how I feel in the morning. If I am ok I will be there tomorrow.......

Good Morning... So i cant make it tonight:( Im so sorry. But auh be darned i am sick again. It hit me 2 days ago and now i cant breath this is ridiculous. What is everyone doing next thursday???

I am off thursdays.. so id LOVE to see you guys for lunch or maybe a shopping trip.. i dont care i miss my girls.