Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Thanks Pam, I am hoping I am the first.

Sooooo I am sitting here, feeling like I am going to cry. I AM SO SCARED!!! I have been fine up until today. I am so terrified of doing this! I am not scared of anything but the being put to sleep part, that's it.

Did anyone else feel scared, etc!?

Hi Tamra-I felt scared and kept thinking, "What if...????" Then I kept thinking about WHY? I was doing the surgery in the first place. Number 1, so that I could be at a healthy weight and be here for my children, to be able to stop taking various meds and not be told....many times that my weight was making me pre-diabetic... I am so scared of diabetes. The bottom line is that I was sick and tired of being fat!!! I was sick and tired of having to go to Lane Bryant and others looking for fluffy people clothes. I was sick and more tired of going to stores asking, "What's the largest size this comes in?" You know the drill... You will be fine! Most of us experienced the same thoughts. I know you are thinking, "Am I doing the right thing?" Especially if you have people around you telling you how good you look and saying, "Can't you just continue losing and exercising, without having to do the surgery?" I say, the heck with that and do your thing girl!!! I wish you the best and just know that you have the support of everyone here. We are all here for you. If you need anything, soup...jello...don't hesitate to call me...I'm right around the corner. I drank some dieters tea this morning and boy am I feeling it...Not quite ready yet.... I am going to call you tomorrow...

Hope all are well and that the weekend went well..

I did well today with both eating and exercise...I hit the treadmill for 3.14miles and so far on my pedometer I have logged 11,814 steps.....I have not done that in a while. Most days, I'm lucky to hit 5000-6000. I must admit...I'm tired but I feel good....Anyway, gotta go wind down for bed and work tomorrow....It's been a good weekend...

Is anyone going to the Richmond Support Group meeting Wednesday????

Hey everybody, ok the b-day weekend is officially over!!! Back on track, drinking my tea. I went to the store today to get my Soup for my 5 day pouch test. I start tomorrow. I already have the Protein Shakes and Jello :)

Tamra you will be fine, we all felt what you are feeling. excitement, nervousness and fear. Like Monique said it will be over before you know it. I was 1st too, I was walking into the cold room at 8am sharp! Who is taking you? Will somebody be able to text us to give us a status check? Did you get all your supplies? mostly popsicles & jello. of course gas x just in case.

Monique I will be going to the group meeting on Wed.

How's everybody else? I didn't even have many pages to read through....

Thanks guys.

Yeah my bestfriend is taking me; I told him to send a text to people when I am out and okay. I need your number Jess if you want him to send you one too...it will come from my phone!

I have Jello, and gas x strips, that's it so far. I haven't gone to Safeway, I am tomorrow morning bright and early.

Jes-Hey birthday girl!!! Hope you had a great b-day weekend and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Weekend.... I sure did...I also had a few shots of tequila in celebration of both your birthday's. Now, enough is enough.... I'm back on track...Hopefully with avengence. I do plan to go to the meeting on Wednesday. I'm trying to get Gayle and another friend who is trying to lose her pre-op weight to come also. It depends on my day at work... I know, enough with the excuses... More than likely, I will be there.

Tamra-I'm going to PM you my number just in case you don't have it anymore. I pureed my Soups in the blender.

Tamra don't buy a whole bunch of stuff I still have my whole top shelf of my cabinet full of Soup I never even took down. When they say 1/4 cup that's what they mean it was amazing I only needed that much so never even opened the other.

I hear you Mo I just changed my ticker. I'm starting over, never hit my B-day goal but it was my own fault. So it's a whole new party for me.

New goal- I'm hoping to be down 10 lbs by my birthday, Feb 25th.

I had a great weekend, with ok eating. We went to visit my friend in Rohnert Park today and he took us to his favorite place to eat. I got a burger and salad, but they brought me fries instead. I know I didn't have to eat the fries... I only ate about half. And I only did 30 minutes on the bike this morning. Tomorrow needs to be 60 minutes on the elliptical!

Tamra, you'll do fine! We're all rooting for you!

Happy Birthday Jes <3

Pam- happy for you that you are down :thumbup: Sorry I did not either :) My hubby had to work and I had the two boys... trust me when I say you should be glad I did not bring them to your home LOL!

Tamra-I get the scared part. If I did not have the insurance/$ issues I would say that my fears are what is also holding me back. Especialy having my young boys. I am scared of not waking up, complications after, long term effects, you name it I am scared to leave my boys on this earth with out me while they are so young. How did you do it Mo (and other mom's with young ones)?

But under the same breath, I know that there are no guarentees in life. I could be hit by a buss the next day (isn't that how the saying is?). I also know that my weight could kill me too.

I supose you could say that I am somewhat of a religus person, sometimes I think that I my fears are signs of the person above telling me that I should not do this.

I know that I don't have the answers, but I can tell you that i suport you and am sending positive vibes your way!!!!

Mo- Honey that is why i <3 you lol "I was sick and tired of having to go to Lane Bryant and others looking for fluffy people clothes." I could not agree more... Although I will miss Torid if I ever make it to the skinny side lol!!!!! The thing is I question myself more then others: "Can't you just continue losing and exercising, without having to do the surgery?" So what am I supose to tell mysel LOL!!!!! Ok Ok I know, If I could do it on my own then I would have been skinny long ago LOL!

Oh on a side note:

This weekend was ok, I start my days off with Akins shakes mixed with crushed viatamins, half a bananna, 1 tbspn Peanut Butter, and 1/2 cup ice in a blender. I have this new addiction to peanut butter :) Ok so i have been trying to eliminate most carbs so i eat meat then veggies, some times wheat crakers or 1 slice bread. But on Sunday I could not resist, I shared a slice of cheesse cake from The Carvery with the hubby because our b-days are this week :thumbup: Today was good. I woke up, did 1 mile on the treadmill, my shake, 2 eggs and a hot dog for lunch and lean hamburger with mixed veggies for dinner with some scaloped patatoes from the box.... I know not the best but I'm getting there. I'm not up still at 238, and I am working my way down. I can't go back on the treadmill tonigh cause hubby is asleep, he had to go to the ER for a peice of metal was stuck in his eye.. ouch!

I just need more motivation. Since I put the surgery on hold, I feel like I do not have a goal :thumbup: Ideas?

Hey!

How you add stuff to your signature is in your profile. Uhm i would step by step do it but i have to get off here. HUGE day tomorrow:) Work 730-4 then school till 930.

I love you guys.

Tamra i am not sure if someone has said this already. I bought a hand blender... if you wanna borrow mine, you can. I bought it for like $30.00 at wally world. It was WONDERFUL. I had clam chowder and chili that way:)

I am so excited for you!!! Text me when you get out of surgery! 530-615-9364

Tamra, ONE more sleep! You are gonna rock this girl! We are all so excited for you. I can't wait to come on here and read that it's all over and you're on the Loser's Bench!

I hope to see lot's of you at the meeting tomorrow night.

My scale this morning: 131.6

Home scale same as Kaiser except I can't do it naked so still a few pounds away. By next week I hope to have a surgery date.

Let's make Good choices today everyone!

I know some of you are looking for a little more support. It never hurts to add more along this journey. A place where I hang out on OH is a forum called Lightweights. It's for people with a starting BMI of 35-40ish. Mine was a little over 40 but I asked to join and was welcomed there. The nice thing is that it's for all WLS, not just Band or Sleeve. So if any of you would like to join me over there.... cool! :)

ObesityHelp - Gastric Bypass, LAP-BAND

Tamra - it is normal for you to feel scared and nervous. I was really scared the day before and that morning driving to Richmond too - my dad went with me. I had just had hysterectomy surgery five months before my lapband surgery so here I was going under anesthias twice in six months. The lapband surgery was a piece of cake compared to the other one. You are only under about an hour and they will take good care of you. You are young and healthy so it is highly unlikely anything will go wrong. The surgery and losing the weight will make you healthier so you will live longer for your daughter.

We're here for you. I will be thinking about you and saying a prayer tomorrow morning. Let us know what time you have to be there.

Good Morning!!

I feel so much better, THANK YOU EVERYONE!! I listened to the CD last night Kaiser gave me and fell asleep to it. It really relaxed me, but I had some weird dreams LOL!!

I woke up with a small stuffy nose and small sore throat; not good. But I slept with my heater on all night so I think that might have been why. Its time to change the filter.

Nicole ~ I'll save your number and make sure that Ron adds you into the text I will have him send.

HAPPY RAINY TUESDAY EVERYONE!!!