Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded the 25th, 1st feeling good day

Hi, I had the band put on the 25th, and I have to say that today is the 1st day I have felt decent since, I know it is going to be worth it, but I swear for a few days there I thought a bullet would have done me more good, have other people here felt that way? I admit, I am starting to crave food and meat, but I have a lot of support from my husband and I hope it will be ok, I am drinking the proper amount of Water and Protein but am still light headed today, any thoughts? Well thanks for providing this place, it has been a blessing.

I was banded on the 25th too. I am having chest pains and burping alot. ( I guess it is like major indigestion) Anyone know if this is GAS from surgery? I am walking lots (around the house) and taking the GasX strips or chewable.< /p>

Angel so sorry you have been in so much pain, I hope the pain will be gone soon. Lets keep in touch since we were banded on the same say. Hugs

I too was banded 11/25 at here in Boston MA. I found that reading alot of the posts on this site helped me to know that all of the pain, gas and bloating will pass soon. Others also have posted their wants to eat, being hungry and the joy of "mushies", it's nice to hear others feel the same physically and emotionally. So many people post feeling simular feelings - the good news is they say it gets better!

The lightheadedness may be the pain meds or the new diet. :tongue_smilie:Today was my first day of a nice short walk, and some light housework which really helped move some of the gas out:) I have been lightheaded at times too:) I envy the people who stated they were back up and about in a day or so ~ not me! I'd say today I'm with you!

Let's hope everyday gets better & we get healthier & Happier! :thumbup:

I was banded one day earlier on the 24th. I found moving around really helped with the gas. I was suprised how sore my shoulder area was. By this my sixth day the only pain I have is an occasionaly muscle contraction where my port was placed. If I drink more liquids than I should I also feel bloated. If this happens I find walking and spreading my chest open by pushing my shoulders back really helps.

Today is day 8 for me and this is my first feel good day so I say your doing very well. I was banded on 11/21/08 and today I woke up good and went the entire day without too much lightheadedness and dizziness. I even had some energy:smile:. That added energy makes all the difference.

I will tell you that before yesterday, I was thinking a bullet would be better too but I figured out that I was not getting enough calories. So last night, I pureed some Wendys chili and voila....protein, fast food and calories. I did add Protein Powder to it. I didnt eat much of it because I was full so fast, but it was very satisfying.

Great for you!! I have also been reassured that it gets better. So far I have lost 15 pounds and following the liquid diet.

Good luck! I hope tomorrow is good too.

I only used two pain pills after I got home, they made me feel really sick to my tummy, the not getting enough calorie intake might be it, as I am lucky to get 300 calories without the Protein Shakes, so I will see about eatting a little more Soup, I can't wait till puree day lol. My husband said he will smoke some chicken then puree it for me with some other little goodies. So that the flavor is more fulfilling and stays with me. He's a good guy:thumbup:. Thanks for chatting with me, and yes anyone that wants to be pals just ad me as a friend and we will keep in touch, the more friends through this ordeal the better I say, we can be each others back bones during the rough times, I hope you all have a great day with no pain and I pray you all heal quickly. Till later, toodles:thumbup:

I too was banded on the 25th. I start back at work tomorrow and not sure if I am ready. My port is around by belly button and pants seem to bother it. I will have to find something to wear.

I also had bad pain in my chest that felt like I was having a heart attack or something....it feels better today...thank goodness.

I do feel I am one of the lucky ones though because I have been up and about since day 2...by day 3 I was shopping and at the movies.

I wish everyone the best of luck and I really enjoy reading everyone's messages.

Hi I'm new to this form of communicating but so releived to find you. I got my band on the 25th too and have been feeling like the rest of you- just almost human again today. I was expecting this to be much easier. I have yet to get all my Water and Protein down. today I used two scoops of powder to 8oz of water just for the nutrition and i'm hoping for more energy. i've discovered quick disolve tums they really helped my chest pain and burning the first 3 days, i plan to keep some with me at all times. they're like a little powdered candy.< /p>

i still have a lot of fear of failing and really want to do everything right to make this work over the long run. i dropped 16 pounds on the pre surg liquids but have stayed the same since the surgery i'm thinking it's because i'm not getting enough calories. has anyone else had the weight loss stop so soon?