Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thank you, Aprilapple for starting this forum. I'm new to this site as of Nov 22. I'd been thinking about WLS for the last few years and when I got to my heaviest at 297...I said that's it...and that was in the early part of 2008. I finally, meet with a surgeon this fall and I'm in the 2nd month of my 6 month diet and my nutritionist and psyc eval are both scheduled for Jan 09....so, I'm on the path. I live in central PA but, will be banded in Maryland. Feel free to email or pm me.

Gina

Welcome to the group. Congrats on making what is a very big step in a new you. Where in Maryland are you having your WLS. I also live in Maryland, but my WLS was in Washington DC. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.. we all are in this together and need the support of each other to acheive our goals.

Thank you, Aprilapple for starting this forum. I'm new to this site as of Nov 22. I'd been thinking about WLS for the last few years and when I got to my heaviest at 297...I said that's it...and that was in the early part of 2008. I finally, meet with a surgeon this fall and I'm in the 2nd month of my 6 month diet and my nutritionist and psyc eval are both scheduled for Jan 09....so, I'm on the path. I live in central PA but, will be banded in Maryland. Feel free to email or pm me.

Gina

Hi there!!! Welcome!! I am still researching myself my Dr.'s appt is Dec. 15th I pretty much have my mind made up I have done a lot of things to try and lose this weight and I have not so slowly (lol) regained the 45.6 pounds I lost 2 years ago and its time I am done with tight clothing, being out of breath, and feeling tired it seems like a great tool to achieve long term weight loss! Best wishes!!! Please keep checking in!:)

Amen, Aprilapple! It's time to focus all that energy on something more positive.

Well stay encouraged. I had my surgery on Nov. 6th, and I don't regret my decision. Before the surgery, I was at my height weight ever 305, and so far I have been doing okay. I haven't had my first fill, so I am a bit anxious about that process, but I know I will be fine. I also live in Maryland, but I had my surgery in DC. I am also here to provide you with all the support that you need.

Stay encouraged

Welcome to the group. Congrats on making what is a very big step in a new you. Where in Maryland are you having your WLS. I also live in Maryland, but my WLS was in Washington DC. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.. we all are in this together and need the support of each other to acheive our goals.

Who was your doctor? I also had my surgery in DC

Hello All,

I am new to the group and just wanted to say hello.....I was banded on Nov 13th and well I only lost 5lbs since surgery officially (10lbs the first 4 days, but figured that was just Water weight). My first fill scheduled Dec 18th (granted I get rid of the minor infection I have at my incision). I'm trying to change the way I eat some days are good and well some days.....:cursing: I'm thinking maybe I should have went for the by-pass......I opt for the band because I felt you had more control and I liked the fact that it is reversible. The truth is I'm afraid I am going to have to practice discipline and lets face it if I had some DISCIPLINE I would've needed the surgery in the first place....IS THIS THE WRONG ATTITUDE TO HAVE??

I GOT A BEYONCE' INSIDE OF ME DYING TO COME OUT AND SHE'S PISSED OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared2:

I think that weight loss surgery is a process in itself. I don't think it would be easy, and if you had bipass, you would still have things to do. I think the biggest hurdle was having the surgery. You lost 15! That is great. Don't minimize it and say that it was just Water weight, and so if it was, that is less water on you body.

I too have really been discouraged, and I think that is the journey of this experience. If someone could have just removed the weight during the surgery and we worked to keep the weight off, maybe that could be a easier route. But then we would be fighting to learn to keep it off. The estimated goal is 1 to 2 pounds a week. That is doable and natural. I too had to remind myself, that I should not be loosing weight so fast.

I had my surgery on the 6th (one week before you), I have officially lost 21 pounds (as of today). I am excited, but I have so much more work to do. You do too.

This site is us all. I am here anytime you want to reach out for support. You will get through this. Don't be hard on yourself, and be content with the decision that you made to have the band surgery. You are doing fine.

Keep up the great work. You will see Beyonce soon (big smile)

Thank you aloudwhisper for the encouraging message....I tell you this site is great and I must admit ADDICTING! I love the fact that everybody seems to be sooo supportive and positive and unified. If only the whole world could be the same IT WOULD BE A BETTER PLACE! :tongue2:

We have to offer that encouragement. I know I have really needed it since being banded, cause my family doesn't truly understand what I have been through. I want this to be an success for me, but I know I also have to work for it. How was the rest of your week

We have to offer that encouragement. I know I have really needed it since being banded, cause my family doesn't truly understand what I have been through. I want this to be an success for me, but I know I also have to work for it. How was the rest of your week

Sorry for the late reply.....I was in bed the entire weekend.....burrr its soooo cold! :biggrin: Otherwise my week was fine, just trying to get back on track and really work on my discipline (with the food) and workout when I can...How about YOu?? Hows was your week?

Sorry for the late reply.....I was in bed the entire weekend.....burrr its soooo cold! :ohmy: Otherwise my week was fine, just trying to get back on track and really work on my discipline (with the food) and workout when I can...How about YOu?? Hows was your week?

I have been struggling. Well I shouldn't use the word struggle if I am trying to look at this from a positive prospective, but the weight is not moving. :wink: I guess I shouldn't look at the scale everyday, but its so hard and soooo very tempting. I worked out last night, so I expected to see some movement on the scale, especially since my muscles were responding to the work out last night. I got on the scale, and saw 2lb increase. I was so suprised, cause I didn't even eat a lot. I have been seeing that a lot lately. One day I'm up 2lbs, the next, I'm down 3lb. I am not liking this at all. :)

I have been struggling. Well I shouldn't use the word struggle if I am trying to look at this from a positive prospective, but the weight is not moving. :wink: I guess I shouldn't look at the scale everyday, but its so hard and soooo very tempting. I worked out last night, so I expected to see some movement on the scale, especially since my muscles were responding to the work out last night. I got on the scale, and saw 2lb increase. I was so suprised, cause I didn't even eat a lot. I have been seeing that a lot lately. One day I'm up 2lbs, the next, I'm down 3lb. I am not liking this at all. :ohmy:

Well dont worry because at least your not gaining....the weight is probably a few things..fluid (salt retention), plus your working out and so it may be your losing fat and gaining muscle...:)

for I just TRY to eat small portions and the healthy stuff first..I TRY to get some activity in during the day..mostly at work on treadmill and limit my intake at night to mostly fluids...WATER, Water, WATER...I GOT MY FIRST FILL THIS MORNING....to tell you the truth I dont feel much restriction at all but...hey they say its still early yet...KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK....WE CAN DO IT GURL!

Well dont worry because at least your not gaining....the weight is probably a few things..fluid (salt retention), plus your working out and so it may be your losing fat and gaining muscle...:wink:

for I just TRY to eat small portions and the healthy stuff first..I TRY to get some activity in during the day..mostly at work on treadmill and limit my intake at night to mostly fluids...WATER, Water, WATER...I GOT MY FIRST FILL THIS MORNING....to tell you the truth I dont feel much restriction at all but...hey they say its still early yet...KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK....WE CAN DO IT GURL!

See I would be in agreement, if I had been on some weights last night, but I didn't. LOL! I was on the bike, but I was at level three (don't know). My girlfriend told me not to get on the scale anymore this week. I will try that. I don't know if it will work, but I will try.

You are right about the fluids, and they make me so full. I will try drinking more Water at night.

So tell me how did it feel to get your first fill? I am kinda nervous about that. You have to eat Soup for the first day (after the fill) right?

See I would be in agreement, if I had been on some weights last night, but I didn't. LOL! I was on the bike, but I was at level three (don't know). My girlfriend told me not to get on the scale anymore this week. I will try that. I don't know if it will work, but I will try.

You are right about the fluids, and they make me so full. I will try drinking more Water at night.

So tell me how did it feel to get your first fill? I am kinda nervous about that. You have to eat Soup for the first day (after the fill) right?

O.k. they tell you mushies for a few days....but I cant lie, I work at a doctors' office and we get food catered all the time (so you know where I am going with this). Today they brought us pizza and Pasta and salad....I had a slice of pizza b/c I figured will be mushy in my mouth...once I finished I was still hungry and had no restrictions, so I went for the past which had broccoli, chicken and sun dried tomatos in it...still hungry...so now I am just trying to fill up on water.....tonight I'll eat a salad..:wink: and have a sf popsicle... the funny thing is when I got here (still at work) I made a cup of coffee and a pkt of oatmeal and that filled me up more than lunch....dont know what thats about but the fill was sooo simple and really only took about 5mins if that long. I'm not sore or anything THANK GOD! but I am realizing with this thing it really is about what you FIND that makes you full quicker and SELF SELF SELF CONTROL b/c otherwise it can be a waste if you dont try and work at it....