Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

december 15th banders come on down;-)

good luck laurel on your fill. im getting ready now to walk out the door to go get mine. i will let you all know how it went.

China,

I will have to ask tomorrow when I go to the Dr. I was told it didn't have anything in it. I am just lucky I have been able to control my own appetite right now. I am just trying to do other things to keep me from getting frustrated and upset. Well off to take 2 of my dogs to the vets. I am missing Water aerobics but plan to go tonight instead. Then tomorrow at 10am at the Dr. Have a great day. Laurel

Well, just got back from my first fill. It did hurt a little going in but a quick pinch. I have a 8cc lap band(not realize) and they put 3cc in it. Funny I felt a little tightening in my stomach. I then had to drink a glass of Water and it went down fine. My next fill date is 2/24. The total weight loss I have on the Doctor's scale is 32 from the beginning. I lost 7 lbs since last visit. He didn't give me any instructions for today, but I plan on basically doing liquids. Next visit, I did schedule for the Doctor who did my surgery. Hope all goes good for you China. Hope everyone has a great day.

Laurel:thumbup:

Great job Laurel......keep up the good work. You will notice a difference with having some Fluid in the band. May I ask how much do you want to loose total? I have a 10cc band and now have 4cc in it. I go for my next fill 2/4. Good luck my doctor told me to stay on liquids the day of my fill and mushys the next day.

Rose, I am hoping to lose atleast 90 more pounds. My family Dr. would like me to lose about 140. I have never been that thin. I am 5'10.5" tall and big boned. So, right now, ever pound i lose is a big plus. So I am officially 30 lbs down from my first meeting with surgeon. I met with her right before thanksgiving and started liquid medifast diet on that monday. Hope all is going well with you. Laurel

hi everybody hows everyone doing?

well i got my fill today and it went fine. my dr gave me a numbing shoot first them filled me i was given 1.5cc's again so now i have 3cc's in a 10cc band. i came home and slept all day. i got my period today and for some reason it was painful. i have never had cramps or any thing i had to take the liquid loratab just to be able to deal with the pain. i hope my normal period comes back soon.

Rose, I am hoping to lose atleast 90 more pounds. My family Dr. would like me to lose about 140. I have never been that thin. I am 5'10.5" tall and big boned. So, right now, ever pound i lose is a big plus. So I am officially 30 lbs down from my first meeting with surgeon. I met with her right before thanksgiving and started liquid medifast diet on that monday. Hope all is going well with you. Laurel
Great job Laurel......keep up the good work. You will notice a difference with having some Fluid in the band. May I ask how much do you want to loose total? I have a 10cc band and now have 4cc in it. I go for my next fill 2/4. Good luck my doctor told me to stay on liquids the day of my fill and mushys the next day.
Well, just got back from my first fill. It did hurt a little going in but a quick pinch. I have a 8cc lap band(not realize) and they put 3cc in it. Funny I felt a little tightening in my stomach. I then had to drink a glass of Water and it went down fine. My next fill date is 2/24. The total weight loss I have on the Doctor's scale is 32 from the beginning. I lost 7 lbs since last visit. He didn't give me any instructions for today, but I plan on basically doing liquids. Next visit, I did schedule for the Doctor who did my surgery. Hope all goes good for you China. Hope everyone has a great day.

Laurel:thumbup:

I just posted in another thread but I had my first fill on Monday. It went really well. Not much pain at all. Quick and easy. They did use fluro for my first fill.

So far so good. It definately isn't too tight and I do feel a little different. I eat more than 1 cup but less than I did last week. I also feel full longer. I'm looking forward to another fill that brings me that much closer to where I want to be.

Now I just need to work on exercising.

China, I hope you are feeling better. Glad your fill went well too Auggie. I also feel something too from my band. I ate a banana too fast this morning and it was a quick reminder to slow down. Unfortately I was working and try to get the Breakfast in quickly. Have a great day everyone. Laurel

hi all,

im feeling much better today. im not sure what and how i feel after getting a fill. i had 2 orange Protein Shakes and a sm beef Jerky today and thats all. so i guess its doing what its suppose to. sorry that you had that happen to you laurel. tell me what have any of you noticed since getting a fill.

China, I hope you are feeling better. Glad your fill went well too Auggie. I also feel something too from my band. I ate a banana too fast this morning and it was a quick reminder to slow down. Unfortately I was working and try to get the breakfast in quickly. Have a great day everyone. Laurel

Hi China, Laurel, Rose, and Auggie, I had to cancel my fill because of weather-45 min drive and at least 10 cars reported in accidents. I was sooo disappointed. I go in Feb 13 now:bored: So glad you all are doing good with your fills!!! I went to a required 3 hr post op class today and they said they add 2cc to their fills--so we will see. keep up the good work! matty

Hello everyone......glad to hear that everyone is doing well. My first fill wasy 2cc and that was on 1/24 I am scheduled for my second fill on 2/4. I am not sure if I need a fill I am having a hard time as it is eating 1200 cal in a day. I feel like I am staying full about 4-5 hours and I eat because I know I have to eat not because I am hungry. So when I go next week I will tell him all this and let him make the decision he is the doctor. I am also working out 30-40 min a day 5 days a week. Good luck to everyone.

China, It wasn't painful, just gave me a tightness feeling. I guess a good reminder to slow down. I haven't tried too much in food yet. I have been on liquids mostly. I have tried bananas. Today I will try some mushy as I have to work tonight so I will bring some food with me. Hopefully my I will find myself fuller faster. Sorry to hear you fill was postponed. But not worth the risk. WTG Rose. Keep up the excercise. I find I lose at a nice pace when I keep up the excercise. Well off to Water arobics, have a great day everyone. Laurel

hi auggie,laurel,rose,matty

how is everyone doing im doing ok and feeling alot better these days. im eating alot less that is for sure. yesterday i eat 1036 calories. so far im happy with the fill.

sorry to hear matty that you didn't get to get the fill but, safty is more important. maybe you could see if the nurses can fit you in if they get a cancellation. i was only filled with 1.5cc's. im glad to hear that everyone is doing good with the fills.

i think i asked this once so im asking again, did any of you notice a change in your monthly visiter. i noticed that im in more pain and i feel much tighter when it comes. is anyone else experiencing this.

Hi China, Laurel, Rose, and Auggie, I had to cancel my fill because of weather-45 min drive and at least 10 cars reported in accidents. I was sooo disappointed. I go in Feb 13 now:bored: So glad you all are doing good with your fills!!! I went to a required 3 hr post op class today and they said they add 2cc to their fills--so we will see. keep up the good work! matty
Hello everyone......glad to hear that everyone is doing well. My first fill wasy 2cc and that was on 1/24 I am scheduled for my second fill on 2/4. I am not sure if I need a fill I am having a hard time as it is eating 1200 cal in a day. I feel like I am staying full about 4-5 hours and I eat because I know I have to eat not because I am hungry. So when I go next week I will tell him all this and let him make the decision he is the doctor. I am also working out 30-40 min a day 5 days a week. Good luck to everyone.
China, It wasn't painful, just gave me a tightness feeling. I guess a good reminder to slow down. I haven't tried too much in food yet. I have been on liquids mostly. I have tried bananas. Today I will try some mushy as I have to work tonight so I will bring some food with me. Hopefully my I will find myself fuller faster. Sorry to hear you fill was postponed. But not worth the risk. WTG Rose. Keep up the excercise. I find I lose at a nice pace when I keep up the excercise. Well off to Water arobics, have a great day everyone. Laurel

Well China I wish I could help with that questions but I had surgery years ago and those parts are gone! Glad you are all doing well. What is going on with this site. I am no longer getting email notifications? Anyone else having the same problem.

I need a reality check...I am getting depressed because the pounds are not coming off as I expected. I only have 2cc in my Realize band, and don't have much restriction AT ALL yet...but I am feeling very blue because I can't seem to break that 20 lbs point. It has been almost 6 weeks...should I just chill out and work my band? am I wanting too much? my clothes are a little loose and my family says they can tell in my face some, but I am REALLY down today...can someone throw me a few encouraging words?:rolleyes:

I totally understand how you feel. My doctor tells me that we are right on track 1-2 lbs per week. He said that we wont get to our sweet spot until we have about 6 - 7 cc in our band. I know its hard when you see everyone else loosing so much more than us. Hang in there at least its coming off.