Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my first fill - stomach hungry, throat stuck

So I had my first fill yesterday. Today I ate soft food for the first time since surgery/fill. I baked lemon garlic tilapia (that was a first too) and cauliflower. I had about 3.5 ounces of the fish and about 3 ounces of the cauliflower. I ate very slowly....my food was cold by the time I was done. I chewed 30-35 times before swallowing and waited a few minutes before my next bite. I paid close attention to that hunger feeling; still feeling hungry I took another bite until my food was gone. It's been about 20 minutes since I ate and my stomach is growling but my throat feels like something is stuck in it. I thought if you get the sensation that something is stuck in your throat that you overate? But if I overate, could my stomach be growling? Any thoughts would be nice.

Thank you....

I try not to wait until my stomache is growling to eat, because that's kinda what happens, you're feeling 'full' because you can't eat anymore, but your tummy is still empty because all the food is above the band. It takes a while for the food to pass through into your lower tummy, and when it does your tum will stop growling. If you're feeling like it's all stuck in your throat it may well be that it's not passing through easily and it may take longer than 20 mins.

After my first fill, I found some foods got stuck, even if it's soft. I can't have rice at all, even if it's been boiled to the consistency of porridge. It just sits above the band making me feel like it's all going to come out, even after a couple of bites. Fish is anotehr thing that makes me very full very fast, but I still eat quite a lot of fish.

So try to eat before you get too hungry, and experiment with different foods as this one thing may be more difficult for you to digest compared to something else. Hopefully you're starting to feel better by now though.

Hi, you made that posting a month ago, and I'm wondering how you're eating now. I just had my first fill of 4cc yesterday, and I can only get Water down. 1 sip at a time, then I wait 15-20 minutes and take another sip. Did the fill help you to lose much weight in 1 month?